FIFA 06 is comin!!!!

It all sounds promising but as previous versions show they do the same every year,I feel it'll be another let down
I've never been remotely excited with any of the modern FIFA releases, but this one seems different to me. Maybe not a complete overhaul but fundamentally it looks to be a game that's worth playing now as opposed to burning.

Also those talking about graphics.

Get on your bike.

It's a different style to WE9 - both are BAD graphics, neither is BETTER than one or the other.

I'm tempted to fuck PES off this time as it's losing the 'fun' element.

I get too wound up playing PES what with all the cheating the com does, I'll still play it at my mates house though as nothing compares to multiplayer PES.

It's just the one player is starting to bore me.

well i must admitt even tho im a huge pro evo gamer i always get the fifa's any way just to check out. every time a new one comes out im really adicted to it and i start saying mabye pro evo has a challange now. then after 3 weeks of fifa i take the disc and frisbe it out the window and i take the next 3 week saying sorry to pro ;)

JimJoeC i get what you mean, i used to get a craving to actually play WE, but now, not so much, its like, meh fine ill play

Sounds totally amazing and I hope its the case, as usual I think ill buy WE9/PES5 and FIFA 06, but ill get the 360 version of FIFA.

DJ

Sulph said:
JimJoeC i get what you mean, i used to get a craving to actually play WE, but now, not so much, its like, meh fine ill play

This is exactly right, it used to be get home from work PS2 straight on till midnight.

Now I play acouple of games and get pissed at it when my players run around like they are walking through toffee, and the slowest defender can catch my fastest striker.

These comments are the most positive about a FIFA that I think I have ever seen!

Freddie said:
I wonder why fia always have nets that behave like steel cages.

I don't know why either....EA has had those steel cages for ages...I saw the videos which looked great, however the net animations still don't look or behave as they should. They have improved, but not much.

jflores said:
I don't know why either....EA has had those steel cages for ages...I saw the videos which looked great, however the net animations still don't look or behave as they should. They have improved, but not much.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAAAH!! Goodamn! JFlo disappears for years on this site but one mention. . JUST ONE MENTION. . of "net physics" and the dude is all over the place. :applause: :lmao:

Welcome back, bro. We missed you. Been a long time since you and Jumbo talke Football Kingdom on here. :mrgreen:

jflores said:
Let's see....

-No look passes
-Sombrerito's...or flicking the ball over two players at a time when he feels like it.
-Back heals and side heals
-Auto Pases....Or Auto Passes. Flicking the ball on the run around, over and through defenders legs and meeting with the ball on the other side.

When he was in Gremio, I saw him flick the ball as he was about to cross it, and in quick succession, pick it up and swing it around behind his left leg and flick it to his right to take the cross. You have to see it to beleive it. It's like Ronaldinho makes the ball dissappear for a couple of seconds, only to reappear again in a different direction.. The defender along with me, looked shocked and confused trying to figure out where Ronaldinho had hid the ball.

Ronaldinho is with out a doubt the best most exciting complete player to watch in the world of Futbol today. I'm just thankful to still be alive to appreciate and enjoy watching his magic..

True dat. I remember last year when he received a pass to his fee with his back to the goal. He flicked up over his right should with one touch, while spinning to his left. The ball flew past the defender and Ronnie collect it in the air on the other side and played keepy-uppy for a couple of bounces before dishing it off to someone else. Just sick.

man, we're starting to sound like the other forums -- hope springs eternal that FIFA (finally) will become playable ;)

Reality is that the series will continue to suck for a long time, even on next gen consoles.

We'll pop in 06 and 07, get excited for a few games, mumble "this shit ain't all that bad," play a few more games, and realize (again) that FIFA sucks.

FIFA's like a hooker in Vegas.

ghazi said:
BWAHAHAHAHAHAAAH!! Goodamn! JFlo disappears for years on this site but one mention. . JUST ONE MENTION. . of "net physics" and the dude is all over the place. :applause: :lmao:

Welcome back, bro. We missed you. Been a long time since you and Jumbo talke Football Kingdom on here. :mrgreen:

lol! thanks ghazi...It's been a while. You know me, I gots to have them nets animating properly. I might just have to create my own game with the right goal/nets one day since nobody can get it right.

Futbol Kingdom??? My boy Jumbo and I haven't talked for a while. Sadly the game's been discontinued I beleive. However, it will be replaced by a new game for Xbox 360 from Namco called "Love Football"...Can't wait to see the nets on that one. ;-)

Good to hear from you as always.

Peace!

Siroco said:
man, we're starting to sound like the other forums -- hope springs eternal that FIFA (finally) will become playable ;)

Reality is that the series will continue to suck for a long time, even on next gen consoles.

We'll pop in 06 and 07, get excited for a few games, mumble "this shit ain't all that bad," play a few more games, and realize (again) that FIFA sucks.

FIFA's like a hooker in Vegas.

Ehehehehe! :lmao: :lmao:

It does look better than previous versions. Some of the traditional FIFA wooden nature of the animations and physics is gone. It looks more fluid, although there are still some ugly signs of previous FIFA games. That said, WE9 is still full of ugly old WE bits too.

I'm not getting my hopes up, but like some of you guys, I'm just getting bored with WE and it's same old scritps, and it's cruddy ML. If FIFA'06 is even half-decent, I may be temped to buy a FIFA for the first time since '98, just for a decent career mode with half-decent gameplay. But I can't say I'm getting too excited just yet.

I've seen all the promo videos of FIFA 06.Shitful of rubbish.How bad can the player models be? The kit templates are worse than ever.EA tried to copy Konami with the editing features too,hahaha.With WE9 now out,how can EA ever beat Konami??

PES/WE just isn't fun anymore, the crappy morale thing fucks it up.

You go a goal down and your players start passing to the oposition, when you go up for a header how come your player is stuck to the ground whilst they sprint off before they even land!!!

Seriously tempted to defect to FIFA.

JimJoeC said:
Seriously tempted to defect to FIFA.
Biggest mistake you're ever likely to make, believe me, FIFA is shit year after year.

Every year people say this, and for three weeks (me included) people say "oh GOD it's miles better! I can take Chester City to European glory!!", which is great, but then they realise how robotic the game is (Pro mode, win 2-0, World Class mode, lose 2-0, markers never moving away from their player and winning everything like they're Brazil when they're Accrington Stanley)...

Every. Single. Year. "We're going to work on the gameplay so much this year, promise." Every. Single. Year. "We're getting in a FIFA tactical advisor to help us get everything just right." Every. Single. Year. "It's going to be a simulation." Of what? Awful Intelligence Robot Soccer? Must be an American sport that one.

Konami don't need any help from any "tactical advisors", they like football. They know football, they know the physics of it, they've played it. They just get on with making the game. Anything you want adding you can do yourself, or there's a patch for it. FIFA used to need patches too you know, in the 90's and early 2000's. And the game was ten MILLION percent better in 1998 (and had better fucking music too, cos that matters loads, right?).

But, all this will be meaningless until a month after it's release. So... See you then, folks.

Konami get the really simple stuff wrong though, like the ML setup it's pretty shite.

It's the ridiclous cheating of the game that does me in. How can one of the slowest defenders in the game catch one of the quickest?????

It's this sort of thing that makes me think about trying something else.

Although having said all that I'll probably still blindly buy PES5. :roll:

JimJoeC said:
Konami get the really simple stuff wrong though, like the ML setup it's pretty shite.

It's the ridiclous cheating of the game that does me in. How can one of the slowest defenders in the game catch one of the quickest?????

It's this sort of thing that makes me think about trying something else.

Although having said all that I'll probably still blindly buy PES5. :roll:
There's probably tons of legal crap that prevents them from doing much to the ML. I'll admit there's a lot they could do to it, because I don't play the ML due to it's shiteness. But ML isn't part of the gameplay engine, so I can forgive it; at least, I can after WE9. It's absolutely incredible what they've done to it - I never used to have PES\WE as a favourite game, I was more Football Manager, Battlefield, Metal Gear Solid... But this is the game that tops my best-ever list by far, just above SWOS...

It winds me up so fucking much when people say "the only reason it sells is because FIFA is so crap" - no, it doesn't, it sells because it's fucking amazing.

Anyway, as I was going to say, the league mode is what I play now (admittedly you can't do transfers etc., which is an arse, but they've added cups to the league mode now which is excellent, and again, the gameplay just makes everything okay).

Like I've said, I can't say too much cos I always give FIFA a go in the hope that the producers have been secretly swapped around with Konami's... But they'll never change. I mean, look. They're saying how important gameplay is, and then saying it's impossible for goalkeepers to get sent off. So why, prey tell, did they spend all that time signing up Rooney to appear on the front of the box so that every glory hunter in the world will go "OOOOOH" and buy it, and not fixing those gameplay bugs (and making the gameplay better) instead? They've known about it for long enough. Not just months, years. But they'd rather have the money.

Still, all the kids will be happy enough, winning 11-0 with "beasty" shots from outside the box.

Last edited:
Taking aside the usual FIFA bashing, this year's version does have some interesting changes. First of all, they bought a complete development team from Japan... who these people are exactly, nobody knows. Second, they copy almost the complete button configuration from WE/PES.

Third and probably most important, EA is feeling the competition more than the last years. The ESPN series has given them a good challenge for the important American sports sector, and suddenly their latest games seem to include more changes and play better than the years before. They are also aware what a serious competitor Konami has become, unlike earlier years where the casual player would always still buy FIFA no matter what.

In the end, Konami is a company that wants to make as much money as possible, just like EA. I'm sure the developers of FIFA are just as nice people as Seabass' guys, but they have to do what they're told. While I have a lot more sympathy for Konami than for EA, I would love to see a great FIFA game, and I will play the best product no matter what company it is from. Tight competition will always lead to better products, and having a great game is all that really matters to me - and if it says EA on the box, they deserved it.

Ike said:
In the end, Konami is a company that wants to make as much money as possible, just like EA. I'm sure the developers of FIFA are just as nice people as Seabass' guys, but they have to do what they're told. While I have a lot more sympathy for Konami than for EA, I would love to see a great FIFA game, and I will play the best product no matter what company it is from. Tight competition will always lead to better products, and having a great game is all that really matters to me - and if it says EA on the box, they deserved it.
That says it all really, top man Ike. As you've said (and someone said ages ago), I would play the best football game regardless of what it says on the box, or whether Wayne Rooney or Waynetta Slob is on the box.

I've heard people on here say "LoL Id NeVeR PlAy AnYtHiNg WiTh Ea SpOrTs WrItTeN oN tHe BoX lOl"... I'm saying nothing. *Runs away to try and spend less of his life on the boards*

Looks crap, model graphics look crap, gameplay looks crap, seemed real fast and arcadey, the only good things I could say are the crowd chants, atmosphere, stadiums, pitch, and thats about it, kits look crap.

Ill try it as usual, but its will be a waste of money as usual.

Ike said:
Taking aside the usual FIFA bashing, this year's version does have some interesting changes. First of all, they bought a complete development team from Japan... who these people are exactly, nobody knows. Second, they copy almost the complete button configuration from WE/PES.

Third and probably most important, EA is feeling the competition more than the last years. The ESPN series has given them a good challenge for the important American sports sector, and suddenly their latest games seem to include more changes and play better than the years before. They are also aware what a serious competitor Konami has become, unlike earlier years where the casual player would always still buy FIFA no matter what.

In the end, Konami is a company that wants to make as much money as possible, just like EA. I'm sure the developers of FIFA are just as nice people as Seabass' guys, but they have to do what they're told. While I have a lot more sympathy for Konami than for EA, I would love to see a great FIFA game, and I will play the best product no matter what company it is from. Tight competition will always lead to better products, and having a great game is all that really matters to me - and if it says €A on the box, they deserved it.
True, as much as I hate the series now, it would be great if the FIFA development team pulled their finger out and produced a game that is a potential PES-beater, because it would make Konami do something about PES that isn't so much gameplay orientated, such as giving us something better than the Master League for example.

I remember FIFA 2000 and 2001 being absolutely awful so €A's response was to get shot of their Stars series of football games and bring the development team for that (who were UK-based) into the FIFA production side, and despite a major flaw with the shooting, FIFA 2002 had a load of good ideas put in. What made a lot of FIFA players unhappy was that for FIFA 2003, instead of building on the good work and ironing out the faults, they completely re-wrote the game engine, left some of the old ideas out and rushed it somewhat due to scheduling, which made it so bug ridden that it just wasn't funny, for example you couldn't even head the ball, and if the ball was crossed into the area, the CPU took over and either you scored or you missed.

But because the game sold well, largely due to the big ass promotion campaign, €A saw that as being "better" so they make FIFA 2004, and subsequently FIFA 2005 from the same lame game engine, and at the same time making the graphics even worse.

I'd be very surprised if FIFA 2006 was a massively drastic improvement on 2005, year after year they release these videos of the game in beta stage and go on about these new game features, most of which are seemingly similar to what PES adopted previously, but the end product is a massive disappointment.

To be honest this matter of poor gameplay seems to have hit almost of the €A Sports games (NHL being another example that I have noticed). It's all about profit and cos €A sell loads of games, they make loads of money (which they shove on licences and big ass music contracts for games), and they don't give a toss about the gameplay. Sad really.

The game lacks pace, the passes don't move across the grass correctly and there is always the implementation of excellent ball and player physics but there is no Gravity to the game. The ball seems like a ballon with water inside. This needs to be corrected.

EA balls things up which should be easy such as Menu navigation. It is slow and sluggish on the PSP its laughable... in fact I have given up on it now and I play Lumines and Ridge Racer instead.

EA has some great idea's off the ball which is a great concept but needs to be correctly adapted to all consoles and not just made for the PS2 then... slightly changed for everythin else.

They should also add in a controller select option. I don't want to shoot with O button or the B button on the xbox I want to be able to choose my own setup.

EA have a lot of changes to make to their games rather than just aesthetic and until this is done... I will stick with WE

Back
Top Bottom