Favorite FIFA Career Mode?

millossobek

The 3-Stars Cup
19 December 2020
South America
Millonarios FC
Hey guys!

After several years of only playing PES, (I played FIFA when I was younger, mostly against friends and season mode, and basically switched to PES), I've been re-discovering FIFA and some of the great installments, thanks a lot to the opinions of many of you here on the forum. :)

Right now I have: FIFA 09, 11, 14, 15, 16 (for PC), and 23 (for the Switch), and I've been thinking about starting a Career Mode in my PC games, which can be modded.

My question is, out of the games I mentioned, which one do you think has the best Career Mode and why? I'm not quite referring to the on-pitch action, but more the actual characteristics, immersion and fun factor of Career Mode. Which one is your favorite? If you'd like, you can also mention an installment which I didn't name as well, just for the sake of discussion!

Thanks a lot and looking forward to reading your responses! :BSCARF:

Last edited:
@millossobek I'd say my favourite careers out of those ones are probably 14/15/16! Don't think there are significant differences among them, except perhaps the fact you can train 5 specific players for the first time in 16, but for the rest, aesthetics apart the heart is more or less the same. More random events compared with latest ones, more board presence (in my latest 16 Real Madrid career I forgot to renegotiate Bale's contract as it was oredered to me, and for response the board stopped any other negotiation and put him on transfers list! Love this stuff, and I wasn't even sacked in the end, might start season 2 soon :D), and the usual youngsters to grow, National team career and so on.

My best career on any Fifa as been on 19, but I'd say in general from frostbite onwards this mode was certainly still enjoyable and capable to generate fantastic stories, but way more simplified in the things I like (at least until I played it).

I'd also like to give more time to 11 tho, it really is unique with the sponsor chose, the more outlined form arrow system and that no nonsense structure.

@Madmac79 Thanks for the answer bro! I am also playing 17 and 19, so I'm still thinking about it! It will probably boil down to 11, 14, 16, 17, or 19. :TU:

One thing I have a question about Career Mode: How does training actually work? For example, let's take FIFA 14. Every week, there is a general training for the entire team, I believe a maximum of 5 sessions per week. Is it always good to assign 5 training sessions? Do players get tired due to this training? Is there risk of injury? Coming from PES, where development curves are pretty much automatic in ML, there are still some aspects of FIFA Career Mode that confuse me a little bit. :LOL:

Every week, there is a general training for the entire team, I believe a maximum of 5 sessions per week. Is it always good to assign 5 training sessions? Do players get tired due to this training? Is there risk of injury? Coming from PES, where development curves are pretty much automatic in ML, there are still some aspects of FIFA Career Mode that confuse me a little bit. :LOL:
For what I remember about FIFA 16, the training sessions are contributing to the players' development (as in "they increase their stats, permanently") but cause fatigue.
I've never seen (as far as I remember) a player getting injured during the training minigames (yep, you get to play the training minigames yourself in FIFA 16 if you want).
What I've seen (but maybe I'm confusing FIFA with FM here?) is the usual headlines of "player X got injured during training" but as far as I remember it never happened to a player undergoing specific "minigame training" if you get what I mean. It would just be a random player in the squad.

more board presence (in my latest 16 Real Madrid career I forgot to renegotiate Bale's contract as it was oredered to me, and for response the board stopped any other negotiation and put him on transfers list! Love this stuff, and I wasn't even sacked in the end, might start season 2 soon :D)
Oh I remember that during a Lazio career in FIFA 14, at a certain point, the board came to me and said "look, we're tired of you saying that you don't need another forward. Here's Fernando Torres, we bought hin for you" and I was like I TOLD YOU I ONLY WANTED TO PLAY HOMEGROWN YOUNGSTERS YOU PR**KS, HOW ON EARTH COULD YOU EVEN THINK BUYING TORRES WOULD BE A GOOD IDEA?

Despite me being annoyed, it was a good moment.

Hahahaha that was probably frustrating/rewarding in a sense! Actually, I would've been more frustrated than rewarded, actually, since it would be a bit annoying for the board to purchase a star player when I didn't ask for one! I said I wanted to keep my 70-rated "El Caballo" Márquez as my forward, you wankers!! :LMAO:

1692949295300.png

Still, it's good to know how the training regimes work! I was a bit confused beforehand, and for example in FIFA 14 always thought that training 5 times a week would be beneficial. I don't know if I would like to play all mini-games in 16-onward (might simulate them), but it's good that you can't overpower players' trainings unless you're resting them. Pretty realistic! :TU:

I don't know if I would like to play all mini-games in 16-onward (might simulate them), but it's good that you can't overpower players' trainings unless you're resting them. Pretty realistic! :TU:
I didn't play all the training sessions myself either of course.
What I used to do in my Como career was to use those training sessions to help the development of promising youngsters. I used to have three or four "groups" of players (keeper and centre backs, side players, central midfielders, strikers) and to rotate their training.
I'm not sure you could train - field - train - field - train - field a player without resting him but I never tried, usually I would train a player once every three or four weeks.

Is this the correct space to talk about current playing carreer mode? or there's another thread similar to the pes master league adventure thread?

Back
Top Bottom