Farcry 2

Re: Farcry 2 PC, Xbox 360

30mins!!?? Just head to your nearest road and wait for a passing jeep, or head to a guard lookout/bus station/safe house. Most of these locations have vehicles.

I'm so glad they included bus stations around the map, it's so easy to just get on a bus and hop to another location on the map. Saves you loads of time too.

36% through the game here and loving the single player campaign.

Online play is a little boring IMO. The maps are too big and it takes a long time before you see any action. Also, hardly anyone bothers to revive you if you are seriously injured and most people in my experience opt for a sniper rifle and just stand on a hill sniping other snipers.

Online play is a little boring IMO. The maps are too big and it takes a long time before you see any action. Also, hardly anyone bothers to revive you if you are seriously injured and most people in my experience opt for a sniper rifle and just stand on a hill sniping other snipers.

That's a little off putting. I was thinking of renting this tonight and then having a go at making some small maps based on games like RTCW, Team fortress and Unreal Tournament.

Quick Q - what online modes does the game have and what online modes can you use for your created maps?

Oh and do you have to unlock items for the create a map mode through online play and offline play?

That's a little off putting. I was thinking of renting this tonight and then having a go at making some small maps based on games like RTCW, Team fortress and Unreal Tournament.

Quick Q - what online modes does the game have and what online modes can you use for your created maps?

Oh and do you have to unlock items for the create a map mode through online play and offline play?
well from what i have seen, the online modes are traditional tdm, DM and capture the diamond(CTF).

the online side of things is great imo. i think im going to like this. reminds me of vegas 2(fav console fps MP) but its a tad more faster. the maps are great and so is the weather effects. i was playing last night in a map located near a river and it started raining midway from playing the game!

Hmmm - I might give this a rent this week as I'm leaving fallout 3 for christmas

well from what i have seen, the online modes are traditional tdm, DM and capture the diamond(CTF).

That's one of the main reasons I think the game is boring online. No new modes. Don't get me wrong I LOVE TDM but I do also like the variety. You're right though the graphics/weather engine is stunning and looks lovely in the online play.

Rad - you can host matches and use other peoples maps you've downloaded or use the maps you've created yourself online. There are a few Team Fortress maps that people have created online and there's the small container level from COD4. Perhaps this is the only saving grace for me online.

I think I just need to have a bit more patience with it. However, with COD5 and Resistance coming out next month I don't think I'll be as hooked online on Far Cry 2.

I was going to rent this but they had a deal - trade saints row and get this for £14 - if i hate it or just don;'t get into it i can always use this and get a new game for £14 again.

I jumped into the map maker right away (well after an install and patch update) and was blown away by it all. I have no idea how the heck to start a level ... so i jumped into the solo game. Great stuff so far.

That's one of the main reasons I think the game is boring online. No new modes. Don't get me wrong I LOVE TDM but I do also like the variety. You're right though the graphics/weather engine is stunning and looks lovely in the online play.

Rad - you can host matches and use other peoples maps you've downloaded or use the maps you've created yourself online. There are a few Team Fortress maps that people have created online and there's the small container level from COD4. Perhaps this is the only saving grace for me online.

I think I just need to have a bit more patience with it. However, with COD5 and Resistance coming out next month I don't think I'll be as hooked online on Far Cry 2.

how many maps can u store/download?

Does anyone know how you make water in the map maker? I dug a hole around a castle i knocked up but i couldn't work out how to fill it with water

You know what i couldn't do that either

i looked at every tool and still couldn't find it

Just figured it out.

Go to environment settings (The one that lets you set time of day and wind speed) and change the water level height. The default land height is 16 so anything higher than that will give you water.

[edit] just saw the video you posted - thanks

The online in this game is superb!

I've just been playing with someone using his custom maps and I agree the online is great. I love that it doesn't take 300 bullets to kill someone and at the same time it's not as easy as COD4 with 3 shots 3 kills.

Some maps ive played today were too big and sparse and were ideal for sniper wars but shitty for everything else. but a couple of maps i tried out were a lot smaller and meant much more immediate action.

I'm going to have to give this map maker a go myself tonight - I'm just stuck in that initial 'erm' part like in LBP wheere you're looking at 300 different objects and thinking 'where the hell do i start?'

I've just been playing with someone using his custom maps and I agree the online is great. I love that it doesn't take 300 bullets to kill someone and at the same time it's not as easy as COD4 with 3 shots 3 kills.

Some maps ive played today were too big and sparse and were ideal for sniper wars but shitty for everything else. but a couple of maps i tried out were a lot smaller and meant much more immediate action.

I'm going to have to give this map maker a go myself tonight - I'm just stuck in that initial 'erm' part like in LBP wheere you're looking at 300 different objects and thinking 'where the hell do i start?'
fantastic stuff mate. we should arrange a evo web fc2 session ;)

I was going to buy this next month but I'll get Fallout 3 instead and maybe get this closer to Christmas second-hand.

i definitely need to lower the difficulty

i was driving along after finishing a mission thinking there was nobody about (no guard posts on that part of the map) then about 6 of em came out of some buildings after me and done me over

i didn't even know they could be anywhere on the map i just thought they were at guard posts, towns and safehouses

I'm on normal and getting my ass handed to me - and it's really pissing me off when ill drive for 10 minutes to get to a mission, then as i jump it of a car get blasted down to near death and then die as im sat behind a tree pushing a bullet out of my arm - and then having to start all over again- can you lower the difficulty mid game?

Quick Q - is this a sequel to farcry?
and was the first farcry the one where your character become a sort of mutant and gained powers towards the end and you faced mutant enemies with super powers?

It is supposed to be a sequel to Far Cry but in reality it's not. There are completely new characters and the storyline doesn't continue from Far Cry.

For the story of Far Cry you're better looking at
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Far_Cry - I don't think I can do it justice in a few lines. Personally I thought the first Far Cry was incredible and pushed the boundaries in all departments, like the original Half-Life.

Yeah I remember playing that - strange they're calling it farcry 2 if its a completely new game. Why not just give it a new game.

It's the whole brand issue - Far Cry was so successful that they might aswell use the name to sell more copies. I suppose you could argue that a lot of the mechanics of the first game are the same driving/shooting/swimming is similar. Maybe the mysteries of what 'Far Cry' really is will come out towards the end?

Oh and if your on really low health just peg it as far as you can and stay of roads otherwise they'll run you over. Don't try and hide just run up a mountain or in the thick undergrowth. You can't change difficulty mid-game unfortunately you have to start again.

Crap - i started on normal thinking there might be a 'finish the game on XXX difficulty' and i could get the trophy for easy and normal as a stacked completion. But now i see there aren't any for finishing on a set difficulty.

Never mind - the game might last a little longer on normal than easy.

Matt's tip of the day - kit yourself out with a grenade launcher and MP5 silenced. The grenade launcher is great for getting out of tight situations and ambushes and the silenced MP5 is so sneaky. You can take out the enemy one by one and the others never hear it.

how do you get the MP5?

and my game is on hard so how do you think i feel :LOL:

Go to a gun store on your map and sit down at the computer. It's only 20 diamonds for the silenced MP5. Once you've bought it go to the house next door and collect your gun.

Crap - i started on normal thinking there might be a 'finish the game on XXX difficulty' and i could get the trophy for easy and normal as a stacked completion. But now i see there aren't any for finishing on a set difficulty.

Never mind - the game might last a little longer on normal than easy.
i started in normal also. at first i was getting raped but now im getting use to the game and know how to get myself out of trouble most of the times.

With so many games out this/next month I put it on easy from the start, I need to try and finish every game as quickly as possible to trade in for a new one the next week. I'm going to give myself mega headaches. :LOL:

I'm loving it though, got to say I think it's a very good game. I wasn't a fan of Far Cry 1, the AI was suspect in places; I was pissing myself with my nephew when the AI pointed this huge AA gun at us and just sat there, staring us down but not firing. We were dancing around in-front of him, going around in a circle, going up to him and shooting him in the leg, and he just sat staring at us like he was having some sort of moral dilemma. I didn't think the system was anything special, even now in Far Cry 2 I'm thinking the shooting feels a bit "wrong". It doesn't feel natural.

But the environment and the freedom is just fantastic, they've really gone all-out to make it special. I love that you can choose your character at the start, I wanted to choose the 47-year-old guy because he reminded me of Jack Bauer, but I was wondering if it slowed you down or made you speak with a Russian accent. I ended up going for the Northern Irish guy instead, seeing as he was the most "local" guy to choose.

Does anyone else think they've made the characters look a bit similar to Hollywood actors? The Northern Irish guy reminds me of Daniel Craig, there's a George Clooney in there as well, and some other guy I've forgotten.

Go to a gun store on your map and sit down at the computer. It's only 20 diamonds for the silenced MP5. Once you've bought it go to the house next door and collect your gun.

Haha i know that part :))

Im talking about how to unlock it, but i think they are missions inside the weapons shop called convoys

I have read the guide and i have my arsenal already planned out :))

These are the choices

Primary

Silenced MP5 = for stealth
FAL Paratrooper = most balanced Assault rilfe
AR 16 = the best assault rifle in the game
MGL-140 Grenade Launcher = meant to be able to wipe out guard posts in seconds
Any Sniper for long range kills

Secondary

M79 Grenade Launcher = not as good as the above but if don't wanna waste a top slot as well
UZI = very useful if your carrying a sniper
Silent Makerov = for stealth instead of a MP5

Special

Dart Rifle = again for stealth but at long range

No slot

Camo suit that is meant to make you practically invisible, they cant even see you from a few feet away

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom