Farcry 2

Re: Farcry 2 PC, Xbox 360

One of the COD4 maps would be pretty easy to make

this one

Gametrailers.com - Call of Duty 4 - Exclusive Making of: Overgrown

You could even fill that dry riverbed with water to add another element to it. If i had map making skills i would do it but i don't. Most of the buildings are there already to select, the trees and stuff are a doddle with the new tool as are the bridges and terrain

i bet someone makes a very good copy of it before long

One of the COD4 maps would be pretty easy to make

this one

Gametrailers.com - Call of Duty 4 - Exclusive Making of: Overgrown

You could even fill that dry riverbed with water to add another element to it. If i had map making skills i would do it but i don't. Most of the buildings are there already to select, the trees and stuff are a doddle with the new tool as are the bridges and terrain

i bet someone makes a very good copy of it before long

Get cracking then, I have an excuse, silly mr postman hasn't been yet with the game!

Got mine today, been on multiplayer for 3 hrs now, a bit disappointed to be honest, it feels a bit like graw2, as in when you turn its a bit slow.

Games like Battlefield and COD4 have taken console multiplayer to the next level, this tried and it does have some great features, but it doesnt feel and play as well as those too.

So if like me you only bother with the multiplayer side of games then you might also be disappointed.

I will carry on with it, and see if better guns improve it, but as it stands now, this will be getting traded, probably for gears or COD5

Change the sensitivity in the options

i had to do that for Battlefield and it worked out fine

Change the sensitivity in the options

i had to do that for Battlefield and it worked out fine

Cheers, didnt think of that, what gun do you use? I am commando class, and have maxed out the diamonds, just hope there will be more guns though, cos the one I am using just doesnt feel and perform that good.

I haven't played online yet im always on Fifa and saints row 2 and COD5 :LOL:

And im trying complete the single player of this, to many games at once goin on haha

Ok, I know what you mean, when Cod5 and gears comes out I will have to decide what I am keeping between halo, Cod4 and battlefield, cant possibly have 5 fps on the go!

Dont suppose you have a spare COD5 code do you ?

Loving the single player game so far, my only gripe is that the shooting with the machine guns seems to lack rego. Or strange recoil, or something.

Anyway, on the way to one of my missions i drove through 2 enemy checkpoints without even firing a shot. later, when i got out to have a look around (like a LONG time later), after about 5 minutes of walking, i was walking up a hill and i hear some cars..before.....BOTH JEEPS FROM CHECKPOINTS COME ROARING OVER THE HILLS AT THE SAME TIME ALL GUNS BLAZING...THEY BOTH RAN ME OVER DEAD. SCARED THE LIVING SHIT OUTTA ME.

awesome that they followed me half way across the map though.

Brilliant, just brilliant.

Started the single player campaign this morning and it's great. Sure there are a few problems and it can be a little repetitive at times but the fact map is so wide open and the fact you can approach each mission in an infinite number of ways is great. I died a few times on the fourth mission in (have it set to the hardest difficulty :SMUG:) and every time I tried a different route until one worked. It really makes you think about your strategy too and you have to anticipate the AI's movements and tracking abilities. In one mission I killed their buddy so one came chasing after me whilst two of his friends blocked me off around the back. Clever stuff.

Online play is fun also, however the modes aren't that different to other FPSs currently out on the market. I have a feeling I'll be playing COD5/Resistance/Killzone 2 far more.

Whats the online play like? im stil debating weather i should get this game. as good as cod4/bf bc?

Whats the online play like? im stil debating weather i should get this game. as good as cod4/bf bc?

I wasnt sure at first, but I was the same with bf bc and I ending up loving that. But its good, once you get better guns and get used to running and looking around (might have to adjust sensitivity), the kills start mounting up. You get good feedback when your slugging bullets into the enemy, as there is a nice thuding sound as each bullet hits home.

The graphics are excellent, very sharp and realistic. Just wish it had adopted the bf bc way of joining a game, in fact all fps shoud be done that way, as waiting for the host to start a game whilst he's chatting away does my freaking head in !!!

Does it take a full round to put someone down or are the kills more realistic?

I played Far Cry 2 but I have to be honest and say I did not like it much really as I couldn't get into it because I found it to be kinda boring and rigid especially compared to Crysis...Crysis is so much better than Far Cry 2 it's unbelievable, in fact personally I think the original Far Cry was a better game than FC2.

Nah just couldn't do with it I played it and it didn't hook me and Crysis and the original Far Cry are and were so much better, with Crysis being friggin awesome - if you can run it on full pelt...I can and yet struggle with Fifa 09 go figure.

Far Cry 2 is overrated to me, in that there much better games of it's type which I have just mentioned. I'd rate it 7/10 at best with my biggest criticism being there's just no real hook in the game...and the fact that Crysis is the better game not just graphically...but then these are my opinions of the game and you might say what do I know but I also think Gears Of War is way overrated too - don't even get me started on that!

I do think Dead Space is a very good game though from what little of it I have played so far...FC2 take notes!

More like BF BC as in you have to hit someone 4-6 times, unless you get a headshot in. On the flip side when you get hit, you have a chance to be revived by a teamate, if your hit in the head your dead straight away.

What I said in previous post applies to multi-player, I haven't even touched the single player. I only bother with multiplayer, I dont see the point of games that just have single player.

More like BF BC as in you have to hit someone 4-6 times, unless you get a headshot in. On the flip side when you get hit, you have a chance to be revived by a teamate, if your hit in the head your dead straight away.

What I said in previous post applies to multi-player, I haven't even touched the single player. I only bother with multiplayer, I dont see the point of games that just have single player.

Yeah but that also depends on which gun you use. You can get a sniper rifle with max damage which will only require one or two shots to the body to kill. Also, if you are up close and well within the range of the gun it only requires a few well placed shots to the body. On the whole though head-shots are very effective.

I love how bullets whistle past you. Had a game today where two people saw me in the open field... had one bullet whistle past me to the right and another to left just as I turned. Totally shit me up as I ran to cover.

The recoil on the automatic weapons at times can be annoying if you hold it too long. You have to really use short bursts of shots to gain accuracy. I think this adds a bit of realism to the game though. I still love this game, reminds me of Blood Diamond at times.

General reaction i seen this could be huge contender for marmite game of year amount of mixed opinion i seen crazy.

for those wondering, the size of the map when you first start the game isnt it all. Double the area beneath as well when you unlock it. :D

All i know is the game is far to hard on the difficulty i have it on

I get killed in most fire fights i have :LOL:

whoever said its a game version of blood diamond is spot on. Its exactly what its like..even adventuring across the land (although without an african mate) lol. been waiting for a game close to blood diamond, ace movie.

I played Far Cry 2 but I have to be honest and say I did not like it much really as I couldn't get into it because I found it to be kinda boring and rigid especially compared to Crysis...Crysis is so much better than Far Cry 2 it's unbelievable, in fact personally I think the original Far Cry was a better game than FC2.

Nah just couldn't do with it I played it and it didn't hook me and Crysis and the original Far Cry are and were so much better, with Crysis being friggin awesome - if you can run it on full pelt...I can and yet struggle with Fifa 09 go figure.

Far Cry 2 is overrated to me, in that there much better games of it's type which I have just mentioned. I'd rate it 7/10 at best with my biggest criticism being there's just no real hook in the game...and the fact that Crysis is the better game not just graphically...but then these are my opinions of the game and you might say what do I know but I also think Gears Of War is way overrated too - don't even get me started on that!

I do think Dead Space is a very good game though from what little of it I have played so far...FC2 take notes!

Crysis was made by Crytek....Far Cry 1 was made by Crytek
Far Cry 2 is made by UBISOFT...

whoever said its a game version of blood diamond is spot on. Its exactly what its like..even adventuring across the land (although without an african mate) lol. been waiting for a game close to blood diamond, ace movie.

That would be me :)) - that's one of the main reasons I love this game.

God the side missions are repetitive - How do I get back to playing the actual story? I've been stuck on 8% for ages and I've been playing it for about 6/7hours. I can't seem to move on from doing side missions and tbh it's getting a bit boring trawling from one side of the map to the other doing similar assassination missions/taking out delivery vans over and over again.

(Mind you I have a lot of diamonds which I've used to unlock some nice weapons and have completed nearly half the side missions now.)

The MP5 is incredible. But by far the best option is to have it silenced. Had to do a lot of diamond saving for that :)).

My brother was playing this and his vehicle got stuck in some water and he had to trek for 30 mins(!) to get to another vehicle.

Is this something that could happen? Or is there a way around this??

Back
Top Bottom