Farcry 2

Re: Farcry 2 PC, Xbox 360

Yeah alot of its very realistic if was being picky when enemy in jeeps shoot car no bullet holes and back windscreen was still in place.

Also another thing that was good i left jeep in middle of desert and i walked back there after about 20 mins play to goto objective and it was still on hill most games will disappear. Your find alot of friends as go along Coopz you can choose if you want to do missions and they will become friend when done them. Also if you lose all life they will come and rescue you and shoot anyone around in process. You can die though and got to load last save i recommend getting alot of safehouses and saving as your getting close to objective.

When you see all grass swaying in middle of open lands and all wildlife its really impressive graphically.

Oh and another annoying thing cant have machine gun and sniper rifle on you same time as its considered primary weapon. I would like to have both as machine gun for enemy around you and sniper rifle for long distance shooting.

A handgun dont really work when your up against guy spraying his assault rifle.

yeah i only played 10 minutes so didn't know about all the friends stuff but i have just gone to mikes made some friends and bought a new gun ;))

I think these are the best graphics i have seen in a game

Yeah certainly up there and impressive it will look better on PC though due to higher res and all if got good system. But considering how old the 360 is now its quite impressive cant forget Crysis on PC i dont have great rig so only played medium but from what i hear looks better.

But i think Far Cry wins hands down in gameplay department and in terms of scale i dont think many better games graphically on console though.

Oh and another annoying thing cant have machine gun and sniper rifle on you same time as its considered primary weapon. I would like to have both as machine gun for enemy around you and sniper rifle for long distance shooting.

You can have a SAW type heavy machine gun as "special weapon" instead of flamethrower or whatever so that's the best mix IMO, sniper rifle for primary, SAW for special then whatever pistol (or even mac10) for secondary.

You can have a SAW type heavy machine gun as "special weapon" instead of flamethrower or whatever so that's the best mix IMO, sniper rifle for primary, SAW for special then whatever pistol (or even mac10) for secondary.

Ah i see didnt know that will definitely go down that route thanks. :))

i saw this on another forum asking what type of game it is, this sums it up nicely and why i think its so good :))

It's an open world FPS where you can go where you like and do what you will. You can acomplish your goals however you see fit. You can go in with guns blazing, strap a bomb to a jeep and speed it into an enemy camp, run away, and detonate it. You could infiltrate the camp at night with a machete and silenced MP5, you could snipe from a distance, start a fire around the camp and torch the place to the ground, you could shoot rockets and blow stuff up with an RPG! You can also do a combination of these. It's pretty much up to you how you do your misssions, which is one of the key exciting features of the game. See, alot of games, such as GTA 4, Oblivion, Fable, and Assassin's Creed claim to have total freedom, but situations usually turn out the same when you do your objectives. (I love those games btw, so I'm not bashing them) But this game actually has that freedom of how to do things and their consequences.

I have had another little go then a kebab break :))

The game so far is brilliant, the graphics on my PJ are stunning and the landscapes and details are awesome (i was playing on a PC monitor earlier).

I just did my first checkpoint which got me a safe house where it said i can get friends to help me (dunno how that works yet) and where my weapons cache and upgrades are. I was told to get a couple of hours sleep before i do my next objective and you have to go to bed and set the alarm on your wrist watch :LOL:

It seems different to the CODs and BFs because i shot a barrel from a distance while i was behind some bushes to kill someone and they had no idea where the shot come from and was looking around the barrel area, other FPS' don't do this and they see you wherever you are so its all action but this hasn't gone that route so far. I think if i wanted i could sneak about and take them out but i aint tried it yet

In Other little bits you have to get your map out and use a monocle which can see a decent distance to pin point places (ammo dumps, first aid, ect) and then it adds it to your map and they contact you by mobile phone to do your objectives.

Its very realistic, nothing seems unrealistic so far that i have come across so it really is like your playing out the role as the character on the screen

Im so impressed so far, i had no idea about this game or what it was about but the story is current which is always good and its not a war shooter which is even better. If the online side is as good as the single player and if you can make your own maps as someone said then this could be the game of the year

i knew you liekd it. many will like it. its a epic game. its basicly gta4 in the jungle in fps mode

Yeah i hadn't read any previews or reviews so i had no idea what the game entailed

I was expecting a COD/Battlefield type game and i got a awesome sandbox fps that puts you right there in the story with no cut scenes so it all just flows very realisticly

Quality game, i have it on hardcore though so when i go into a restricted area or get seen by the militia at checkpoints i get wasted :LOL:

Bingham what's the point in scouting the checkpoints first? I scouted one and i got an explosive icon but dunno if that means i should blow it up or kill them and nick the explosives. I don't see what i am going to gain by taking them out at all really, is it so you can drive without trouble?

Yeah i hadn't read any previews or reviews so i had no idea what the game entailed

I was expecting a COD/Battlefield type game and i got a awesome sandbox fps that puts you right there in the story with no cut scenes so it all just flows very realisticly

Quality game, i have it on hardcore though so when i go into a restricted area or get seen by the militia at checkpoints i get wasted :LOL:

Bingham what's the point in scouting the checkpoints first? I scouted one and i got an explosive icon but dunno if that means i should blow it up or kill them and nick the explosives. I don't see what i am going to gain by taking them out at all really, is it so you can drive without trouble?

Yeah all it does is list where all ammo boxes and stuff is in camp so its not really such big help.

Another thing forgot to mention yesterday how AI is so dynamic i got chased by guys in two Jeeps and come to dead end with safehouse i bailed because jeep was smoking. And i noticed one of the AI disappeared like he heading for swamp so i killed the others around then looked for him it was only when i was driving off that i get pounded with gunfire and see him in the forest to right.

my friend says this game is great he loves the freedom to do what you like when you want.
He also owns Gears of war 2, Fable 2, Fallout 3 etc

Im starting to get mixed feeling about this

it was all good at the start but its getting a bit repetitive. You have to drive for ages to get to where your going which usually involves going past a couple of enemy checkpoints which you either take out or go around and then have a kill people when you get to the mission objective

i may have been unlucky and just choose 2 of the missions that are practically identical 1 after the other which involves going to an Oasis

Im hoping this is a one off because its a quality game, oh i found a nice new Jeep to cruise around in as well :))

The map is confusing as well, i have no idea where my original hideout is to find my friend because the map only zooms up when your inside kinda villages

Last edited:

Might get mine (360)tommorrow as shopto say have posted today.

Does anyone know anything about the map editor. i.e. can maps created be used in online multiplayer mode.

Hope so as looking at the quality of maps that can be created, this will make the games lastibilty timeless.

Im starting to get mixed feeling about this

it was all good at the start but its getting a bit repetitive. You have to drive for ages to get to where your going which usually involves going past a couple of enemy checkpoints which you either take out or go around and then have a kill people when you get to the mission objective

i may have been unlucky and just choose 2 of the missions that are practically identical 1 after the other which involves going to an Oasis

Im hoping this is a one off because its a quality game, oh i found a nice new Jeep to cruise around in as well :))

The map is confusing as well, i have no idea where my original hideout is to find my friend because the map only zooms up when your inside kinda villages

Going by vehicle is very dangerouus best to stick to rivers or jungle and sneak around but its time consuming but no rush for me anyway.

I done 12% and missions have made you have to travel otherside of map so far so no difference yet.

There You Go

Metacritic
http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/xbox360/farcry2?q=far cry 2

Metascore: 86 Metascore out of 100

User Score
8.7 out of 10

Yahoo! Games
The objective of Far Cry 2 as a game is to get out of the way and let you experience the game world. And there is no other game world quite like this one: haunting, spectacular, meditative, explosive, violent, and serene, all at once, and all in a mere shooter.

3DJuegos
Far Cry 2 is not a game for everybody, neither is it perfect. It requires time, patience and dedication; some will be frustrated with the long car trips - avoidable - while others will struggle with the excessive freedom. Nevertheless the little objections that can be made disappear compared to its virtues. This video game is technically impeccable, it offers a very interesting multiplayer mode, and is equipped with a campaign that should appear in the dictionary under the words intensity and immersion.

Cheat Code Central
By adopting a laissez faire attitude to player discretion, Ubisoft has crafted a brilliant follow-up.

Games Master UK
A challenging and technically impresive FPS set in gorgeous but treacherous surroundings...It's one of the most engaging shooters we've played for ages. [Dec 2008, p.67]
IGN AU
Despite some flaws, Far Cry 2 is almost an essential purchase this holiday retail season. The only reason to excuse yourself from picking it up might be if you're just shootered-out, which frankly is an understandable possibility.

Official Xbox Magazine UK
Far Cry 2 is this year's equivalent of Assassin's Creed... when it comes to enveloping the player in exotic sights and sounds, Ubisoft has absolutely nailed it. [Issue # 40]
VideoGamer
And it's also through experimentation that you'll experience the magic moments you'll not find anywhere else.

IGN
The formula still needs work in terms of enemy AI, quest structure, and giving the player more to do to fill in all that open space, but as it is, it's still a standout achievement. More importantly, it has nowhere near as many bugs as something like S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl, a title that bears many similarities.

Xbox World 360 Magazine UK
Far Cry 2 is a resounding success. It looks incredible, and the attention to detail is staggering. All it really needed was the added spart and thrill of a really, really good shooter underneath it all. But if you can live with the game's start/stop gunplay you're going to have some real fun playing with fire. [Jan 2009, p.78]
Kikizo
A rough diamond. Ubisoft succeeds in making Far Cry relevant again, a few nagging design flaws notwithstanding.

GameSpot
Although you can't say the same for the plot, Far Cry 2's first-person action squeezes every last drop of potential out of the unique African setting.

IGN UK
Unfortunately, it’s these failings that defined our experience of the game, though for anyone keen to sample a shooter that dares step into the leftfield we recommend endeavouring to get to the heart of what feels like an uncut diamond – rough-shorn but not bereft of value.
Read Full Review
1UP
Even if I find the multiplayer too staid, I find the possibility of cool user-made levels (via the easy map editor) tantalizing. Like any good Grand Theft Auto, Far Cry 2's overall package makes up for any individual flaws -- enough for it to be on a short list of best FPS games this year -- and so it's fitting to summarize it as...well, GTA: Mogadishu.

EuroGamer
Far Cry 2 is unforgettable rather than perfect, then; brilliant, frustrating, sombre and comical, it offers freedom within extremely curtailed limits, and strives to treat its players like adults. In the end it remains, true to its source material, a game that was born to struggle with itself.

Gameplayer
The combat feels haphazard, reckless. The voice acting is flat and emotionless. There is a shallower sense of progression, and far fewer opportunities to make meaningful choices. Granted, it is unfair to compare an action game and an RPG too closely. Yet with "Fallout 3" still fresh in our minds, so many of the design decisions in Far Cry 2 seemed off-balance.

GameDaily
Compared to the single player adventure, the multiplayer mode comes up short, but the 16 player firefights still offer some thrills.
Read Full Review
Edge Magazine
Combat is thrilling – each weapon packing a solid, vicious blast; movement suggesting heft and momentum. [Dec 2008, p.80]
GameSpy
If you can bear some of the repetition in between missions, the missions themselves are a blast. The environment is among the most compelling ever put on a screen this year. And multiplayer is strong. Far Cry 2 may not live up to its full potential, but there's a lot here to enjoy regardless.

A FFS... now why did something like this come along at the same time as LBP. I can't spend hours on both games making levels.

How are the maps shared for this game and is their any offline bot support? [edit] checked up and there is no split screen or bot support.

That's shit as bots would be a great way of seeing how a map you've made works

Last edited:

A FFS... now why did something like this come along at the same time as LBP. I can't spend hours on both games making levels.

How are the maps shared for this game and is their any offline bot support? [edit] checked up and there is no split screen or bot support.

That's shit as bots would be a great way of seeing how a map you've made works

Yeah annoying no bot support would of liked to seen that.

I made a quick map earlier and there is alot of options

mine ended up looking like Jurassic Park with a greenhouse in the middle :LOL:

Its awesome throwing a Molotov in there because it all just goes up in flames

My copy hasn't been dispatched from ShopTo yet... looks like I'll have to wait till release day this year.

Wow, making a map on that is gonna be immense. I can't wait to get it, from what I've read of this topic it's really realistic. I do love the fact that you have to repair your cars and boats and that your guns can jam.

God why do so many good games have to come out at around the same time, I'm gonna be broke. :LOL:

This game looks awesome! Waiting for the import shops here in Tokyo to get some copies in, and I'll be buying it for sure. Cheers to the guys who've taken the time to give detailed opinions. Is it possible to effectively play the game stealthily? Can you set out at any time of day or night, or are there restrictions?

Re: Farcry 2 PC, Xbox 360, PS3

Far Cry 2 Extra Missions Code

9225_1.JPG

Probably only works for the PS3 version? Wonder if the 360 code will turn up.

Says on GameFAQs it's the same code for all versions, it's case sensitive though: 6aPHuswe

On that cover it's written all in capitals, dumb fucks......

Edit 2: there's this one as well 5EbRUs5s not sure if it's the same content just two different pre-order codes though......

Last edited:

Yes they can and there will be alot

People were moaning on Gamefaqs about the amount of shite maps on there but as they said there is a rating system and they soon get weeded out

I was thinking someone with map building skills should build a football stadium or the Coliseum or even recreate some of the COD4 maps :))

We can make a Evo web level for us all

Yes they can and there will be alot

People were moaning on Gamefaqs about the amount of shite maps on there but as they said there is a rating system and they soon get weeded out

I was thinking someone with map building skills should build a football stadium or the Coliseum or even recreate some of the COD4 maps :))

We can make a Evo web level for us all

Cheers, Battlefield Bad Co. and Graw2 maps would be good too

Back
Top Bottom