Famitsu WE9:UE review scan - could you tranlate it?

Snowball said:
http://img356.imageshack.us/my.php?image=reviewf8753yu.jpg

The third column include the review (Famitsu) of Winning Eleven PSP version.

Would you "japanese readers/guys that can translate japanese", be so kind to translate the 4 comments of the reviewers in the Winning Eleven:UE review please?

Arigato!
Snowball

TKMFITCH - OK, here's my shot at it!!

Comment #1 "The PSP version is basically of the same quality as the PS2 version, however, now you can play WE anywhere, so that is obviously an added plus. Especially for matches (vs. other players??). There is a little bit of a slow down but it is nothing that seriously affects the play. There isn't a person who won't enjoy this.Although there is no prominent single player mode, the variety of settings mean that you won't be disappointed by this release.

Comment #2 "Because of the different number of L and R buttons, the controls work a little differently than the PS2 version, but once you get used to them there is no problem. Even though this is a portable version, there is almost no loss of quality in the graphics and I was surprised at how close the sensation of playing the PS2 version was. The wireless match mode also comes off with no stress making this a must have for any soccer fan."

Comment #3 "The players and the ball moves smoothly. The simple controls really bring out the action. The response is also very good. The basic elements of the game have been handled with such perfection that I become completely absorbed in the match. Especially the rush that comes after beating someone in a "vs. match". It is especially impressive that compared to the PS2 version, the PSP version in not inferior in any way."

Comment #4 "To be perfectly honest, I was amazed at how faithful this version is to the original. Of course the screen size is smaller, but in every other detail, it is definitely "WE". The controls are also (except for the L and R buttons), exactly the same as the PS2 version. It's great that you can feel so familiar with the controls and just step right into "vs. mode".

Well, there's my effort for today :)

tkmfitch - respect. Would have done it myself if I'd seen it quick enough. You a native or living out there?

@ JONY

Yes, you can use the analog manual pass. You have to change settings in button configuration menu. Type 2 if i remember correctly.

@ TKMFITCH

Thanks. Really thanks mate.
I was waiting for this review before getting the game but i was just able to read this translation after having played it! ;)

In any case i feel the same of the Famitsu reviewers.
I'm so tried to hear about people that was disappointed by this porting. What was they expecting more?! :O

You have to get used to this game but it is WE, and you will easily enjoyed it.

Oh TKM, you have a private message.
Thanks again.

crayon said:
tkmfitch - respect. Would have done it myself if I'd seen it quick enough. You a native or living out there?

Neither, I used to live and work in Japan but I bailed a few years ago. Now I live in Toronto. I figured I'd give the translation a go to try and force some of the kanji back into my brain.

My friend introduced me to this site. I had a Playstation that I bought in Japan and that is where I first found out about Winning Eleven (I had WE3, WE98-99, and WE2000 which, by the way, still ranks number one in my mind as the best playing football game). I recently made the jump to PS2 (yes, I know the PS3 is coming out, but) so I asked my buddy which of the WE6,7,8,9 was the best and he directed me here.

Cheers,

TKM

Back
Top Bottom