Evo-web's PES 2012 Playtest Questions thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do defenders still go out of there way to clear the ball out for a corner, even if you trying to clear it up the pitch? Yes i know the AI is trying to avoid me taking a risk, but thats the point.. it's MY RISK!.

If i wanna try and boot it up the pitch but i end up kicking in the face of an oppositition player in my box that causes an almighty scramble that leads to a goal, then thats my fault. Better then conceding from a corner you didn't even wanna try to give away any day.

Also, are Goalkeepers still unresponive when they are holding the ball (before you decide to dropkick, throw or drop the ball at feet)?

Very true.So fucking annoying to see the AI taking over the direction of your clearances.I want the ball to go in that direction but the AI (out of urgency) decides that my player will kick it someplace else (towards the throw in or corner kick line)
Keepers should be quicker when they catch, it takes ages to launch any sort of counter attack with them

one more thing,could you check for the invisible forcefield around the keeper when jumping with an attacker and collecting the ball at the edge of the penalty area, keepers should drop the balls if they are moving outside the box but somehow an invisible wall always manages to keep them inside

will you be playtesting with the other pes websites?

in pes , not 12, but just in general. what stat/rating determines how well a players off ball movement is, i.e barcalona have really great off movement. or xavier pastore for example as well.

this is important because its one of the pes 12 biggest features,can someone help.?

Thanks for the PM: just one question - has Stadium Editor been developed further since PES11? or has it not been touched?

Yeah that's true. Looking back i was only talking about the difficulty of lob shots rather than any aspects of the trajectory involved - which i think leaves a lot to be desired. It's been a while since i played PES so i want to ask whether or not players lob with the side of their foot or is it strictly getting it on the end of your toe and lifting it straight?

YouTube - 2nd goal Rooney against Portsmouth

This is the kind of animation (i.e off the side of his foot) and trajectory (back spin) i'd like to see - albeit not too often.

Am I missing something? Save for the slight curl, this is already in PES. To use the inside of the toe rather than the very front, you have to lob with the goal to your 2 or 10 o'clock (see 27 in those top 30 goals for something kind of similar, though a bit more driven) - I seem to remember this being too effective in PES 2010. The trajectory in terms of height and velocity is something I see in PES very often (scored a great one with Di Natale coming in from the wing this weekend), and it's only that you have to max the powerbar out to achieve it that annoys me.

I don't want those lobs at 6 and 19 in that video at all. When lobs become that high you start to get serious issues with them being overpowered (plus it looks and feels shit compared to a low backspun effort). FIFA's lobs are ruined by being this high.

Last edited:
Is there any improves for manual goalkeeper? I mean, something like a proper button asingning: one for pick the ball (even if the ball is comming from a team mate, passed with the feet, leading to a ref whistle); another button to kick the ball, other one to hit it with the fist.

Or proper keeper moves, not that ridiculous side step.

@Lami: when you have a corner kick and you select a certain player with your right stick in order to play a short corner with him, can you look if the AI opponent will follow you to the point where he's really close to the corner kick taker too ?
I don't know if you understand me but what I'm trying to say is basically there is a distance a defender can't get past otherwise he might risk a card.

I'd like to know about the speed settings, if they are the same as 2011 and how the speeds compare to it (generally slower, faster, about the same). Speed settings for 2011 were brilliant but I felt the + ones were absurdly fast and fairly pointless.

Also, how the crossing is in relation to which way a player faces, sometimes it seems to easy to make a good cross even facing away from goal.

Last edited:
Lami,i think now it's a MUST to test this new "teammate control" to judge by yourelf if this option is overpowered or not
especially if you will play against a human and not just the CPU

IS THE INCREDIBLY ANNOYING CARD 'SPEED MERCHANT' STILL PRESENT THAT LETS PLAYERS SLALOM AT FULL PACE THROUGH DEFENDERS UNOPPOSED?

Yea mate got it. Playtest was supposed to be this week but was delayed because guys here still waiting for the preview code. Shouldn't be long though.

please tell me if the game plays as arcadish as it looks?
thanks to all these latest videos i am very worried.

Damn my comment didn't save! Here goes again lol

Try some different shots please:
- with momentum hit a shot outside the box, near post or far post. Looking to see if it swerves, bounces or dips.
- see what kind of error is there if you hit a shot under pressure. Is it scuffed or wide rather being "floaty" like it is now.
- R2 shots. Do they curl?? Are they different when hit with a player carrying momentum vs a player hitting it off one step (think Villa in this year's champions league final).

Another question for you Lami,

In the current game, when the ball is crossed into your penalty box, when you instruct your defender to kick/head the ball away from the goal many times they'll ignore you and put it out for a corner instead.

Can you look out for whether this has been fixed, thanks.

Great :TU:

Hopefully not long to go to answer all your questions.

If you have anymore please don't hesitate to post in here.

:)

Hope you try to abuse the off-the-ball control system as much as you can mate. That way we can see whether or not the system will hinder online experience. :)

And do please clarify what happens to the trick system now.(Right analog stick or back to L2+movement)

I'll trust your judgement with everything else. :p

cheers.

Hi Lami, i'd like you to test the levels of pass assitance support and also the assisted and manual teammates, and then tell us what your thoughts about them (of course).

If you don't have much to test all the pass assistance support level, it would be interesting to test three of them: the lowest level support, the highest and the standard.

I'm looking forward to see your first impressiomns about these new gameplay settings.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom