Evo-web's PES 2012 Playtest Questions thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lami

Niche Football
28 May 2007
Sydney
Man Utd, Juve
An update for all. The playtest is happening. Got the green light today and will be invited for a playtest sometime next week. So please, keep the questions coming.

I'll make sure I'll do my very best :)

Last edited:
Re: PES 2012 Playtest Questions thread

From pesranking event i believe, right lami ? who is the lucky one ? btw here they are :

1. How does strategy/tactics changes influence the new active ai aggresiveness ?

2. How about player attributes and original position affect the new active ai aggresiveness ?

3. What can you say about stamina and fatigue system ?

4. Do you feel too repetitive ai movement regarding new active ai routine that can make a boring situation ?

5. If one thing you want Konami to get it more polished the most in the final version, what is that ?

" Request :

a. The overall animation is looking fluid enough, though from videos shown sometimes the transition from passing to jogging/running is quite deliberate hence slightly unnatural/not smooth. Also for "heading to stumbling" animation. Please, ask them to polish it a lil bit more, it is almost there.

b. Would you ask Konami to pay a bit more attention to make sleek & stylish design of default scoreboard, also for pre-match/HT/FT match,score info boards, please. " . It seems some of us need a sleek refresh lami. We're playing with an lcd/plasma nowadays. Old scoreboard is for box tv :YAWN: They can nail it with CL scoreboard for example, why not the rest ?

Cheers

Last edited:

No, nothing to do with pesranking ;)

Thanks for the invite! I will reserve my questions until after I've seen the gameplay footage in a few hours from now. But I am wondering about movement in general as often players bunch up now and stand around getting in each other's way. And I know they're trying to improve shooting but again let's check out the footage tonight first.

Re: Evo-web's (possible) PES 2012 Playtest Questions thread

Thank you for the p.m Lami and just like CalcioCalabrese, I will prepare a list of questions after watching the gameplay footage.

cheers for the pm,il have a few more questions later but what il start off with is is the ball a free entity now,i found in some instances in pes 2011 that it was being controlled by an outside force

cheers for the pm,il have a few more questions later but what il start off with is is the ball a free entity now,i found in some instances in pes 2011 that it was being controlled by an outside force

Yes good question. I have noticed that the last few games I've played. Almost like the ball is on a short piece of string when dribbling - like a yo-yo. Even when you hit some shots along the ground and they curl so late that it seems that it's magically being pulled in towards goal rather than having a natural arc.

Just overall movement doesn't feel very fluid. I've only really been bugged by it of late.

Are injuries changed at all in the new game?

I feel the amount of injuries in PES2011 was just about right in-match, also the Injury Prone settings were spot on. However in ML, there could have been a few more injuries picked up in the post-match screen or in training. How common are injuries in general?

Also, more injuries leading to long-term absences are definitely hoped for from me at least, are there more of these?

Obviously, it's not likely you'll get to discover the answers to these queries, but if there's anything to add on this front, I'd greatly appreciate it.

If the code is the same or even newer than PesRankings, the ultimate question for know is: How is shooting? You can't exactly compare it to older codes since you haven't played any, but you don't really need to, if it's good it's good, if it's bad it's bad (and we're doomed lol). Let's just say the consensus so far from those who played was: Not good.

My questions, for now, will be pretty basic:

- How's the shot feint with Square + X? Similar to old times, or is it more like the current one?
- Lofted through-balls (L1 + triangle), do they work better than 2011?
- If you do get to play 2-player co-op, how's the player switching?
- Passing settings, how do they affect the accuracy and ease of getting the ball where we want to?
- Player movement, how is it? 2011 sometimes felt a bit clumsy, I guess.
- R2 shooting?
- How's the "off-the-ball controls" in FKs and CKs that have been talked about? Are they a gimmick, a cool thing, or maybe something that could be easily exploited?
- How's passing in FKs and GKs? Can we now pass anywhere - and if so, how?
- How's CPU pressure in highest difficulty? Absurdly high, even to our defenders sometimes getting swamped by 2 opponents, or is it more reasonable?

Well, I have no more questions at the time - but hey, great initiative and definitely thanks for opening the thread and bringing it to our attention!

Good luck for the playtest - I hope it happens, evo-web deserves it :)

Cheers,

Paulo Tavares

My questions:
How is shooting now?
are there glitches you can exploit to easily score? Like in pes 2011 three tap circle makes an almost undefendable cross
how is player movement when we are in ball possession? Sluggish like in pes 2011 or more fluid and responsive?
what about goalkeepers? Are they reliable and quickly react to shoots or they still are slow and make cheap saves?
How is the pace of the game? Slow, fast, too fast, normal?

Woooop finally the possibility that we have evo-web representation is good enough for me:

1) Are goal keeper throw ins and kickins still controlled by the com

2) How is the ball trajectory? In PES gone by there are too few variances in the height that passes in particular get. Knee to shoulder height are the most under utilised areas in PES

3) Is there a difference in the ball physics when passing a ball with the instep our outside of the foot. In real life the ball has a definite curve when it moves unlike PES where it is very straight

4) Does it still take an eternity to bring a ball down. I use longballs pretty often and sometimes suffer from an opponent that applies pressure while the ball has barley touched my player.

5) Is the stamina system properly implemented.

6) Are low crosses, cutbacks and chipped throuballs from kick off still exploitable?

1) Is it possible to hold the ball up with a targetman through shielding?

2) Can you burn someone just using pace?

3) Do you notice any differences of movement between players? (i.e. Goal poacher more lively in the box)

4) Any changes to the formation/tactics screen?

1) how fast can you turn player with the ball or make a circle with the ball comparing to PES2011? because for me in 2011 it was too clunky, like turning with a car, is it faster?

2) are player cards still in or are player arrows in tactics menu back?

3) can you control AI behavior ie. how often player will make overlapping runs, dummy runs etc?

4) any new trick moves, animations you spotted?

5) how good is diving this year? it's L3+R3+L2+R2 in this version according to leaked controls pic, test it please

6) penalties, tell me everything about them, and controls especially

7) when through ball is played and you are controlling a defender, is it hard to intercept such pass? do you have to use supercancel to get the ball? in PES2011 defenders got stuck and often missed a ball by half inch or behaved like the ball is not there and they were missing it like dumb goats - are defenders still idiots?

8) (if you can play vs CPU match) how good is CPU? can they actually threaten my goal? are they any good

9) Neymar, Aguero, Ronaldo and Messi overall stats please :)

Last edited:

Cheers for this. Off the top of my head;

1. Is the shooting still as sensitive as in PES2011? Do you still need a crazily tiny tap of the button to hit a slow shot?

2. How does the new off the ball movement in set pieces work in reality? Do defenders still try and mark you when moving a player?

3. Do you now have proper control over the keeper when he has the ball? It's been bugging me for years!

4. Have replay camera angles been improved?

5. How is the stamina implemented this year? Any better or the same?

6. How does the through pass work this year? Does it still move in the same way and is it able to bypass tons of players on it's way through? (I hope not!).

7. Does the AI still try and use crazy formations mid-match? (PES2011 would switch to seven at the back if winning for example, or go five up front with 20 minutes to go).

8. As everyone else asks, how are the ball physics and how do they affect the way you control passes, shots etc?

9. Has that 'staggering' animation when you get run off the ball now gone? I heard it has but would be good to know for sure.

10. How is the in-match audio - crowds, not commentary, that's a given that it'll be poor ;)

Cheers dude :)

i have just watched a video regarding pes 2012 with insight by john murphy the man behind the development of pes, isen't he a lucky man, well the game is absolutely looking great players are actually making runs that was one of the things that annoyed me most about pes in any series, konami have actually spent the entire year on gameplay and player movements, well i can't ask for much.

Woooop finally the possibility that we have evo-web representation is good enough for me

Great news indeed!

I don't think I've got anything to add that hasn't already been asked, just pleased that one of our own will be there. :))

I guess i am interested in the Goalkeepers (nothing specific but just if they feel like they've been worked on at all) and the physics of the ball in the areas of crossing and shooting. I suppose i would also like to ask if body positioning seems to affect connecting with the ball cleanly/accuracy of passes, shooting and crossing.

Thanks for the pm, Lami.
Only just logged in, so the main questions I had have been asked by LTFC.
Actually, there is one - if the Yair12/25 thing was fake, then my question would be about the advantage rule/bookings. Is it fixed?
Thanks.

Last edited:

Thanks for the pm, Lami.
Only just logged in, so the main questions I had have been asked by LTFC.
Actually, there is one - if the Yair12/25 thing was fake, then my question would be about the advantage rule/bookings. Is it fixed?
Thanks.

Yair was simply quoting from other's playtests, so pretty much everything is ture. Yes, referees book players after the advantage rule.

Oh yes I forgot one....are off the ball challenges punished. You'll find the ref will allow a player to kick the living shit out of you, as long as you don't affect the play directly. Infact refs sometimes allow any shit to happen as if it wasn't in the script to send players off today.

1) Do we have a higher variety of trajectories for shots ? Specially when they're taken from outside the box
2) Has the ball control changed specially when a player is running and trying to trap a high pass ?
3) Are there too many replays ? Do shots who hit the woodworm get replays ? Basically have replays changed and if so how ?
4) Does fatigue actually impact players and their technical/physical attributes ?
5) Is still too long to launch a counterattack from keepers (slow bastards) when he catches a ball in his penalty box ?
6) Is the CPU still too fucking good at free kicks ?
7) How is the new 1v1 system from an attacking and defending point of view ?

Thanks for the PM Lami, the majority of other questions I had have already been asked but I've got one.

About the new off the ball movement from set pieces etc, I understand from the videos that you take control of the player but how does the kick taking work? Do you still have to get the power right or is it a guaranteed method of getting the ball to the player that is selected or does the AI itself take it? Would like to know as from the video I saw today about it, if it isn't balanced right it could be too easy, which means overpowered online really.

My question may already have been answered in the previews, not sure lol.

Is it possible to win headers from the goal kick? I find it impossible to win these in PES11.

Very interested to know a few things.

1) Is D2 League on ML still only 18 teams?
2) Injury Animations? I used to like seeing players being stretchered off, stuff like that :p
3) Have they finally fixed the audio problems under Vista & 7 affecting DirectSound? (whistle noises are low volume, ball sounds as well as crowd are low too), I have to use Creative Alchemy to hear the audio sounds in full multi-channel audio, but that only works when I don't use my headset, which is bloody annoying, wish they'd fix this problem....

A little off topic but speedster, don't know if you watched today's video but this:

1. To what extent is "start-stop-start-stop.." passing animation issue tweaked/fixed (see video below)
has been clearly fixed in pes 2012

My questions, for now, will be pretty basic:

- How's the shot feint with Square + X? Similar to old times, or is it more like the current one?
- Lofted through-balls (L1 + triangle), do they work better than 2011?
- If you do get to play 2-player co-op, how's the player switching?
- Passing settings, how do they affect the accuracy and ease of getting the ball where we want to?
- Player movement, how is it? 2011 sometimes felt a bit clumsy, I guess.
- R2 shooting?
- How's the "off-the-ball controls" in FKs and CKs that have been talked about? Are they a gimmick, a cool thing, or maybe something that could be easily exploited?
- How's passing in FKs and GKs? Can we now pass anywhere - and if so, how?
- How's CPU pressure in highest difficulty? Absurdly high, even to our defenders sometimes getting swamped by 2 opponents, or is it more reasonable?

The same for me here, thanks :))

oh, once more
How is CPU attacking in highest difficulty, do they are lethal on counters and they are able to create space/scoring opportunities without any mistake by your defense?

Hi Lami, thanks for the heads up.

Three questions if they havent already been covered.

1, do the keepers hold on to the ball more when saving?

2, How are free kicks now, as in shooting and hitting the target does it still feel too sensitive?

3, How does fully manual feel if selected on the slider?

Will the PC version run as fluid as the console version or will we have to tweak our graphics card constantly to rid micro stutter, screen tearing and general stuff which we've suffered ever since PES6.

Actually I'm play testing PES 2012 this Saturday 16th. I will try to come back with as many answers as possible.

How many people here are going to this PESRanking event btw?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom