• Goal 3 - PRO_TOO

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Goal 4 - Chuny

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Goal 5 - Chris Davies

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Goal 6 - Hawke

Votes: 11 39.3%
  • Goal 7 - OBH (forgot to add this one...)

Votes: 6 21.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

OBH

PESadvocate
6 March 2019
Tottenham
Edit:
Main thread is now here https://www.evo-web.co.uk/threads/evo-web-gotm-august-2019.80638/

Can use this one for asking questions

So, seeing as everyone's been loving the PES 2020 demo, I've been thinking about doing something for a little bit of fun that will let people show off both their goals, and mods that they're using at the same time, as well as being something that anyone can get involved in regardless of what platform they play on, what mode they're playing, or what pass support they're using. Anything goes.

This is the kind of thing I have in mind:
(Please excuse the distinctly average goals! I just picked the first few I scored and used them in this test video! :D All goals are scored by me or the AI, I used fake names just to show how it would look)

@Emroth @Derek @PRO_TOO @Chuny @Chris Davies @Hawke
Tagging you guys just cos I've used you as guinea pigs, and named you as the scorers in this video. Just the first names that popped into my head! :D

I don't want this to be a lot of work for me as that would completely defeat the point, I just need to work out the best way for people to submit a video, and a way to ensure I only get one submission per person, per month.

I'd then make a video and put up a poll up for 30 days like the example I've used in this thread, then announce the winner at the beginning of the following months video.

Let me know your thoughts; if you like it, don't like it, or any suggestions! Again, this isn't meant to be anything complicated, just a way to show off some goals and give me a reason to keep practicing my video editing skills.

Last edited:
I think its a great idea.
Especially since I know how to do proper replays now, haha!
But id like people to put a small description to their clips.
At least their settings - difficulty and pass/shot assist. Some goals on manual are worth more than more beautiful looking ones on basic.

OBH I would have voted your goal, why isn't it among the choices :P? The veil (or whatever it's called in english) you fooled three defenders with was a thing of beauty.

Reactions: OBH
My choice:

1. OBH: Great movement all round. Great use of the space out wide with manual stick flick. Great movement from CUP AI attacking down the box. Quick play with a bit of skill involved (nothing too flashy), and superb shot technique to keep it low (animation is on point). Great play and my personal fav.

2.Chris Davis : I like the organic gameplay, much like like real life. Its chaos at the back, had to replay (again like real life to see whats going on) Space found with a superb pass, great goal. Perfectly captured real life defensive franticness.

3. Hawke: If thats CPU, then it would have been my no. 1. Great individual play, the shot looks very realistic along with the goalie dive. Top draw.

Lastly, great production, great initiative. This is one way to get EVO web growing. GG everyone.

Last edited:
OBH I would have voted your goal, why isn't it among the choices :P? The veil (or whatever it's called in english) you fooled three defenders with was a thing of beauty.
Whoops!! It’s reasons like this why I made a thread to test the idea first!! I’ll add it now but it it won’t be order any more!

I don’t think that move has a name in English actually? I’m calling it the veil now!

@Emroth
Agreed about manual. I added a faint bit of text showing what platform and mods are used but I’d definitely add a line to say if it was manual or not. I don’t want to say if it’s PA1/2/3 or not as I don’t think that’s needed. I’m undecided on difficulty as I don’t want to alienate anybody.

yeah, information for PA and manual passing. What about shooting (advanced, basic, manual)?! How to mark this?
Would be nice to see how a goal was done.

Edit: and yes. Great work on the video itself. Nice editing!!

Last edited:
Love this idea!

And love this short complation too. Straight to the point, well montaged, nice goals - we all need to agree that PES 2020 looks beautiful.

Voted!

Last edited:
yeah, information for PA and manual passing. What about shooting (advanced, basic, manual)?! How to mark this?
Would be nice to see how a goal was done.
I'll explain my thinking on a few things -

What info should be included:

Shooting:
I don't think it needs to say whether it was basic or advanced, as great goals can be scored on both? Manual, however, can be considerably harder so it's worth a mention.

If people are just interested the fine, I'll include it, but I'm concerned people may think an 'advanced' goal is always better than a 'basic' one and that just isn't true.

PA:
I'll flag if a goal is scored using manual, but I don't think it should say whether it's PA 1/2/3. I find these are more personal preference than anything, and I wouldn't want someone's great goal to not be considered just because they personally like to use PA3.

Difficulty:
I'm undecided on this one. Not everyone plays on Superstar or Legend, so I'm not sure it's fair to mention the difficulty. Plus, some goals will be submitted from online play and we all know there are some pretty awful players out there :D on the flip side to this, it's obviously easier to score on easier difficulties, so maybe difficulty should be mentioned..... I'm unsure.

The underlining idea was not to alienate anyone. Doesn't matter if it's co-op, ML, BAL, MyClub, or exhibition, I just want to share everyone's great goals.

Submitting goals:
This should be easy enough;

Xbox - simply upload it to XB Live and send me your gamer tag and date you scored it as I can find the video myself via this site https://xboxclips.com/

PC - Upload to YouTube, as well as saving it to https://www.mediafire.com and putting a link in the video description so I can download it in it's highest quality.

PS4 - unless I'm mistaken these have to be saved to YouTube right?

What videos will be accepted:
I want the videos to look as nice as possible, so I'll have to have a few rules about what videos I will accept.

1) I don't want any goals recorded using the in-game replay feature if possible. They don't have any sound which means I'll have to add the sound myself and I don't want to do that. You can see in my video that all I used was the goal as it's scored live, and the in-game replay, and I just added the little 'evoweb' transition myself. That's ideal (I do understand though that if scored online your opponent might skip the replay, so I'll waver that rule for online goals). It's such a pity you still can't pick more camera angles for saved replays.

2) No music. Same reason as above, I'll have to add the sound myself, and I'm not prepared to do that.

3) No videos less than 1080p. It's just not nice trying to include low res clips.

4) Ideally I'd like as little UI on the screen as possible because it just looks better. Now, I'm definitely not going to force people to turn the radar off, or not have the players names above their heads because that's not fair, but you know when you have a free kick or score a goal, and at the top right corner there's that window showing the commands? Yeah I definitely don't want that! Trying to cut that out of clips is a pain in the arse. It's massive, it's an eyesore, and it makes it really difficult trying to work with the clip.

Let me know your thoughts on these, and if there's anything you don't agree with or think I've missed out.

I'll obviously add this stuff to the first post once I know what the rules will be.

Last edited:
I'm undecided on this one. Not everyone plays on Superstar or Legend, so I'm not sure it's fair to mention the difficulty
Yes. I agree. I thought about it after I wrote it and it isnt really necessary and might discourage people.

Info should also be kept to minimum. Manual shot, FUMA settings, basic settings, or some brief description if someone really feel the need to describe the situation.
PS4 - unless I'm mistaken these have to be saved to YouTube right?
As far as I know, yes. Which brings me to another point. The testing replay I made, converted and sent to youtube was 720p at the end and I did not see the option to change quality. So if anyone can give me a tip here - thank you very muchly.

I really like the general look of the goals. In-game goal and one small replay to see bit more details. Definetely agree with that formula.
Hope you idea brings some attention.

Yes. I agree. I thought about it after I wrote it and it isnt really necessary and might discourage people.

Info should also be kept to minimum. Manual shot, FUMA settings, basic settings, or some brief description if someone really feel the need to describe the situation.

As far as I know, yes. Which brings me to another point. The testing replay I made, converted and sent to youtube was 720p at the end and I did not see the option to change quality. So if anyone can give me a tip here - thank you very muchly.

I really like the general look of the goals. In-game goal and one small replay to see bit more details. Definetely agree with that formula.
Hope you idea brings some attention.
I just did a quick google search and I didn't realise the PS4 can only record at 720p.

However, it is possible, but it's fiddly and not something that's very fair to expect everyone to do - use remote play to stream the image onto your PC at 1080p, then use whatever screen recording software you fancy (nvidia shadow play being by far the easiest to set up), so it can record the PC footage at 1080p.

Basically like this

There is another option but I'd need someone to test it for me - now, I've never streamed in my life, and streaming in general doesn't interest me, but I know the PS4 can stream in 1080p to Twitch.

As Twitch saves your previous stream, surely this would be a way to record in 1080p?

Either way, this is genuinely really annoying as 720p clips will be noticeably worse, but it doesn't sound like there's much choice.

The Ps4 Pro can record 1080!
I’m so used to this I forgot about the regular PS4.
Might go down to 720? We could then upload 60fps via YouTube steam. ;)

Nice!
You finally did it!
I'm Dembele tho... Does that mean I'm fast but inefficient? :THINK:

Great start!

Does anyone have any ideas for how they think this should be organised on the site?

The only way I can think of is, as I’ll need a new thread each month to do a new poll anyway, people can make their vote for that months winner, but also leave their submission for the following months GOTM in there too. Then the next month I’ll create a new one and do it all again.

Another idea I think would be quite nice, is instead of me always picking the 6 or 7 goals for that months GOTM, I could ask a member of the site to pick their favourites :)) think that would be a cool little idea.

@Chuny
Could be worse, imagine if I said you were Sam Allardyce?! You’d be fat and slow instead :D

Does anyone have any ideas for how they think this should be organised on the site?

The only way I can think of is, as I’ll need a new thread each month to do a new poll anyway, people can make their vote for that months winner, but also leave their submission for the following months GOTM in there too. Then the next month I’ll create a new one and do it all again.

Another idea I think would be quite nice, is instead of me always picking the 6 or 7 goals for that months GOTM, I could ask a member of the site to pick their favourites :)) think that would be a cool little idea.

@Chuny
Could be worse, imagine if I said you were Sam Allardyce?! You’d be fat and slow instead :D

Here some thoughts:

1. Set submission guidelines.
2. Set submission dates/dead lines
3. Only one submission per member
4. No prizes, just to keep the competition clear, clean and fun

Somehow the number of candidates should be limited, don't you think?

As a pc user recording a goal through replay is the only option. music can cover the absence of sound.

Why limit the number of candidates? What is the point of that?

Should be open to all.

Here some thoughts:

1. Set submission guidelines.
2. Set submission dates/dead lines
3. Only one submission per member
4. No prizes, just to keep the competition clear, clean and fun

Somehow the number of candidates should be limited, don't you think?

As a pc user recording a goal through replay is the only option. music can cover the absence of sound.
Agree with the 4 points.

I don't think I should limit the number of people who can enter though, I mean it's not like there's going to be that many really is there! :D All I have to do is go through a thread watching a few goals. Won't take long!

People can change their entry whenever they want, they'll just have to do it by editing their original post.

I don't really understand what you mean by this I'm afraid?
I may have not been clear though sorry, what I mean is; I don't want any videos recorded in this manner
I don't like the in-game editor, there are too few options, it just doens't look right when someones trying to animate it themselves, and it doesn't record sound.

Going onto sound, I really want the in-game sound effects to be included in the replays as I plan to use them every time. If not I'll have to copy over the sound from other clips and match them up. To be honest, if Konami don't sort out the away crowd not cheering when a goal is scored I may have to do this anyway.....

I've just realised; you cannot make the results of the poll hidden, can you? That.... is a massive pain in the arse. Okay, so it doesn't completely ruin the idea, but it's a shame if everyone can see the winner before they're announced.

@superleeds1 seems like the kind of guy who'll know if this can be done? :D

@OBH maybe instead of a poll you could ask if people could send you a pm to cast their vote?
Just a suggestion of course.

@Derek
I did think of that, that is a fair suggestion though.

I just know that people can be lazy and might not pm me.
That and I'd like to be lazy and not have to go through pm's if I can help it :LOL:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom