Evo Web football blog?

gerd

Retired Footballer
8 January 2002
Over the moon
KRC Genk, Spurs
I've been toying a couple of weeks with this idea.
When i first came to visit this forum, i did it because i was an avid PES player. Since then (like lots of people) i visit the site because of the discussions about football.
On this forum there are various people who know a lot about football and can write very compulsive about it: PLF, Edmundo, Lo Zio, Bobbybox, Younggun, beachryan, zeem, drekkard, the special one come to my mind, but i surely must have forgotten some people.
IMO this is the ideal place to start a football blog. If each of us could write one "article" every week, we would have a mighty good blog...
I wonder what the admins of this site think about this and i also wonder if the people who i mentioned (and others) are interested. Please react in this thread and we'll see where it leads us.

Make sure Benni & The Jets rights articles for the blog. He seems to speak a lot of footballing sense :)

It is a good idea, although my speciality is just arguing with other Arsenal supporters, I will give anything a go :DD

Would the blog be separate from Evoweb? or will it be attached in some way? and who will make the blog etc

We can have separate articles from members, but it would also be good to have a topic maybe bi monthly that each writer could give their opinion on and then feature that as well.

I'm sure we can come up with lots of ideas.

Good ideas Bobby.
I think the easiest thing would be to integrate the blog in Evo-web...but i'm not sure if the admins agree.
If people have ideas, please post them in this thread.

Thanks.

Could indeed turn out to be a welcome addition to the site, I like the idea. Regarding its layout and implementation, though, Mart's the man to make these things happen. In case he approves ;)

Very good idea gerd! Some of the posts on this forum could already make articles. This forum has a very good football section.

I don't know how it will work out as we usually discuss recent events but the articles can maybe be reports about lesser known teams or players. We could do some fun stuff also like some papers do.

I'm pretty sure we will find some good ideas, the only problem will be to find enough people who are able and willing to spend time on it (and continue to do so).

Yeah that's the problem. At least for me anyway. I got your pm a few days ago Gerd and thought about it for awhile.

I really like the idea and couldn't agree more with Gerd's 2nd sentence in the opening post of this thread! We all came here originally because were big PES fans but years have passed since I've even played that game and yet many of us have stuck around because of the friendships we've made and the wonderful community we have here which includes many bright, knowledgeable people.

But while the idea is a good one, I for one have to admit I've absolutely no time for it so am ruling myself out. I'll enjoy reading the blog and the many articles however and cheering on you guys from the sidelines.

Good luck with it!

I respect that decision sina, although it's a bit of a disappointment.
We'll if i find two or three others who are willing to commit themselves, i will try it. You are one of the people i would to give us feedback...

I'm happy to support the effort however I can. The challenge is always with the content but it never hurts to try something out.

Of course the challenge is with the content. I'm not sure we will succeed, but we might give it a try. I will try to write something about the Belgian national team after the Croatia match (i.e. this week) and then we'll see how wants to give it a try. It is well possible that we stop after one week, or after a month...but at least we gave it a try.

I'll PM you if i have something. Thanks for the support.

I'll follow with a lot of interest, but I think i'll have to decline to the chance to write Gerd. Apart from not knowing what to write about, I spend long days typing already( my masterthesis needs my full attention!).

No problem Dominic. I understand that.
I just finished the first "piece". Since we've just had some international matches, i decided to write about our national team and the hype around our players.
I will mail it to people who want to read it for feedback and if they like it, we can post on Evo-Web. People who want to give feedback, please sent me a PM with your mail-adress.

Not sure if it has been suggested yet - what if we start off with a sticky in the football thread, and depending how that goes, it can eventually become a more standalone section? Happy to create one :)

It can be organised so that every new article will be linked in the 1st post, so people can easily go through each article without going through the whole thread. And as content builds up, we can start organising things by league, by author, by topic etc.

Not sure if it has been suggested yet - what if we start off with a sticky in the football thread, and depending how that goes, it can eventually become a more standalone section? Happy to create one :)

It can be organised so that every new article will be linked in the 1st post, so people can easily go through each article without going through the whole thread. And as content builds up, we can start organising things by league, by author, by topic etc.

That's a good idea Stef. Can i mail my first article to you? Or do i use a PM?

I'd love to add to an Evo-Web blog. But only if it represented the forum accurately. I'd like to write a piece on Quorn, for example. Or this really weird dream I had last night (seriously, it involved putting eyedrops on Tic-Tacs).

I'd love to add to an Evo-Web blog. But only if it represented the forum accurately. I'd like to write a piece on Quorn, for example. Or this really weird dream I had last night (seriously, it involved putting eyedrops on Tic-Tacs).

Even Tic Tacs get sore eyes, imagine being trapped in a plastic container with bright colours (depending on the Tic Tacs) constantly in your line of site? and they don't have eyelids, so they can't shield their eyes.

I will try and think of a good subject to write about and back Gerd up! :DD

Hopefully more people can join in.

Back
Top Bottom