Everybody's Golf World Tour (PS3)

Re: Everybodys Golf- PS3

Can't get online - I get so far, then a black screen with white text. No back button option or anything. I have to press the PS button and quit.

Any ideas?

If you just get the game, it's surely the 5-10 update, each time the update is done, you have to press the ps button to turn off your console and restart and do next update. Can be a bit long the first time.

Online you can choose a character apparence (additional costume or accesories are unlocked with tournament win, special shot successfull, great shot (albatros, hole in one, etc..) , then you have 6-7 floor to chooose, each with approx 10 lobby in them. Each lobby can have up to 99 person if I remember right. Then each lobby have different type of tournament in them, last time I played the jp game, you could only join tournament from your lobby. There's tournament with different option like big hole, only with a character, 9 hole 18 hole, etc... Also you can create your own tournament but those arent ranked if I remmber right. In the one you create you can be up to 8 player and you can see the other player playing in that mode. Kidna need a keyboard to interact with people in this game. Hope it helps.

Thanks for that Kimky- sounds good.

Finally got online and confirm every thing Kimky just said.

Lot's of different settings for the lobbies (An office building, a safari park etc) and you go up to people and interact etc.

Sadly I didn't know what sort of interacting I was doing so I said my goodbyes. Will leave online until the PAL comes out.

Unlocked the second course last night - I think it's based roughly on Aloha from PS2 version. The course looks very real and I'm beginning to appreciate the landscaping. Much rarer to hit from a flat lie now, and when a fairway slopes away, you'll roll off into the rough which didn't always happen in PS2. Course management becomes much more important.

My only gripe is the 15yds you lose choosing the classic swing setup. Kimky, is there an online lobby purely for classic style?

I noticed that in the demo of Everybody's Golf World Tour (classic style knocking 15yds off the swing), that's a bit naughty to say the least.

Saying that, I got used to the new swing pretty quickly. It's only when you want to hit 40%-60% power shots where it's a bit "panicky", but I'm used to that from Tiger Woods (where it is far far worse).

I noticed that in the demo of Everybody's Golf World Tour (classic style knocking 15yds off the swing), that's a bit naughty to say the least.

Saying that, I got used to the new swing pretty quickly. It's only when you want to hit 40%-60% power shots where it's a bit "panicky", but I'm used to that from Tiger Woods (where it is far far worse).

Never having played a Minna game before Minna5 on PS3, I got used to the new swing straight away and really liked it. Missing it now on Minna1 and 2 on the PSP :(

I'm not exactly 'anti' the new swing, but none of my mates have a PS3 so I'm going to be playing Classic 75% of the time. The other 25% would be online, and I'm not happy about losing 15yds on everyone else.

I suppose I can try and master both?

It's easy enough I think, they make it a lot easier to read than Tiger Woods (sorry, I know I keep mentioning it but I'm very bitter about just how bad the swing systems in TW are). It should be easy enough to master both.

It's a shame you can't mix and match; I like the classic swing "meter" but I like the new swing's putting system.

The thing is JB in Tiger Woods 08 you can use the same system as EG where you click the Button a few times to take a shot rather than using the Swing the stick system.

I like this and ill get it if Evo Web lads want some online action?

I regret selling my Jap version last week and will be getting the PAL version... used the love fucking around in the lobbies with about 6-8 other golfers that played regularly from AVF.

It was a surprisingly social game and very well done - we'd spend like 20 mins mucking around in the lobbies, chatting, joking around etc, then go play 9 holes, then come back and chat some more!

With the new option (that I never got to see), you can now do all that on the course -i.e. everything is 'live', so you take your shot and whilst doing so, everyone else is wandering around chatting on the course - very cool...

I'm well up for some online matches. What info do I need from others, or that I need to give to people?

I'm well up for some online matches. What info do I need from others, or that I need to give to people?

As its hard to communicate where to meet etc due to the jap text, we used to have a dedicated room to meet all the time - like -

"Blue Flower room on 5th floor" (as the rooms have icons like Blue Flowers, Trees etc). Worked out ok...

Plus the bonus that you could use the XMB ingame too...

If you want online info and some translation and English speaking buddy, you can go to Mingol.shihiko.net, it's run by a guy who's in japan but speak both english and japanese, they are really friendly.

Had a 30 minute window last night to play EG so tried to get online. 717 updates to load before I could!

30 mins shrunk to about 8! Please tell me it's not always like this!!??

Had a 30 minute window last night to play EG so tried to get online. 717 updates to load before I could!

30 mins shrunk to about 8! Please tell me it's not always like this!!??

Nah, they release smaller updates every now and again - but if you come into the game late (think its been out 12 months in Jap?) then you need to get ALL the updates before playing online.

Hot Shots / Everybody's Golf 5

Due out in a few weeks on PS3.

Had a great time last summer with the Japanese version playing online with many of the AVF crew, so looking forward to the same this summer!

Anyone on here earmarked to get it?

Re: Hot Shots / Everybody's Golf 5

Ill be getting it for sure seen as my PS3 is gathering dust at the moment.

LOL... show it some love like I'm trying to! Try to share multi-platforms between the 2... like the Army of Two I'm getting, going for PS3 rather than 360.

Anyway, add one to the golfers!

Looking forward to the innagrual Evo-Web Links Challenge!

Re: Hot Shots / Everybody's Golf 5

my ps3 arrived today - this will probably be the only game i'll ever own for the console!

been playing it ever year since the ps1 original way back in about '98...

EG - I would probably prefer HotShots for the characters but everyone else I know will be getting EG. Terrible reason I know, but we play to very strict rules!

Back
Top Bottom