Premiership
20 December 2007
Kingston, London, UK
Olympiakos
Europe League Thread -2009/2010-
vonybm.png

Last edited:
Re: Europa League 2009 - 2010 | Draw of 32 &16

Interesting draw...some nice ties there.

Atletico isn't playing so well...February is still far away, but knowing Quique Flores, I think you'll have no problem kicking them out. Unless their attack line is on very good day....

haha i think it's the first time in history Liverpool will play a romanian team without being top seed :P

Urziceni's chances are bleak, but those small ones rely on 2-3 small details, like... the fact that even though it's a hard draw, Dan Petrescu's tactics work best against british teams and the fact that Liverpool is having a a really rough season and albeit they'll prolly be bent on winning the Europa League, they might find they should concentrate really hard on the Premier League cause right now i don't think they're in pole position for that magical 4th place - and that's definitely a bigger objective than the EL.

Atletico isn't playing so well...February is still far away, but knowing Quique Flores, I think you'll have no problem kicking them out. Unless their attack line is on very good day....

Yes, Atletico isn't playing so well but they have a great players like Agüero and Forlan that could change score every minute in game. Also, we had a terrible goalkeeper and deffensive line. So, I think that Atletico one step foward.

Oh my, oh my! Panathinaikos Won Roma 3-2 after losing 1-2 in 81' Minutes. Christodoulopoulos and Djibrill Cisse scored in 84 and 89 minutes respectively to make the turnover possible. What a great match!

Yeah but if Rijkaard wasn't in charge of Galatasaray i wouldn't have named you guys favourites. Atletico seems pretty weak, but careful! It usually defeated Rijkaard's Barcelona.

these extra officials on the pitch are fucking useless, it's a joke. Happy with our result tonight, we'll be playing Lille next (Lille knocked my LFC side out of the CL on Master League the other night ffs :LOL:). Always good to see the bitterblues get hammered as well.

these extra officials on the pitch are fucking useless, it's a joke. Happy with our result tonight, we'll be playing Lille next (Lille knocked my LFC side out of the CL on Master League the other night ffs :LOL:). Always good to see the bitterblues get hammered as well.

I hope my two supporting teams LFC and GS go for the final.Watch an ordinary game for football fans.

Kewell,Baros,Arda,Keita,Elano,Neill vs Torres,Gerrard,Kuyt,Reina,Jamie.

6 refs not enough improve them to 666.Because they are only devils in football..

I didnt understand extra ref.
They did nothing.
No say faul
No say corner
No say goal kick

Nothing

Only watch like supporter.

This position front his leg front front.

How could not see!

Come on he dont want to see we know.

Because only blind person should!!! not see.

They're useless...

Tough draw for us..Marseille is strong.

I think you are stronger than us. Our defense is too weak compared to your attack.
If we manage a draw on the 1st game we may have our chances but I really doubt we can eliminate Benfica over 2 matches.

Well..I know your defense is your weak spot, and that's our main force...but still, if you manage to score in Lisbon, it will be very hard on Velodrome with your great support. Anyway, I'm looking forward to 2 great matches between 2 european historical teams.
Di Maria is on great form..it may be a good time to face you. First hat trick of his career (great goals, btw):
http://videos.sapo.pt/NA8LDZzdBdTnkdLgcas7

Niang also scored his first hat trick last week :).

I'm disappointed, I think Marseille should have won :(.
Still a good result this draw.

I'm disappointed, I think Marseille should have won :(.
Still a good result this draw.

Well..you certainly didn't deserve to win..but you have played a great match. Best team in Luz so far... very tight on defense.

If that ball that hitted the crossbar has gone in with 5 mins to go..it would be 2-0 and the tie would be done.

I was at the stadium and it was very frustrating...

Congratulations to Benfica. Well deserved.

I think we could have won but Deschamps decided to rest our wingers for the crucial match against Lyon this weekend. And his coaching was terrible. Bad ideas :RANT:.

Now our spirit is down and we may lose everything.

Thanks Tuta! You have a great team too...One of the exciting ties I lived as a Benfica fan...
Good luck on the league and league cup final!

Loved that tie against Marseille!

I hope we could catch Liverpool for the next match...

Good luck Benfica for the Europa, OM still not the great OM at home like before...

edit :

Fulham vs Wolfburg
Hamburg vs Standard
Valencia vs Atletico
Benfica vs Liverpool

Last edited:

Well Lille disappointed me last night, Rami and Chedjou played awful, for some reason the full backs and midfield didn't want to give Hazard the ball into feet, limiting his touches, Frau was a pedestrain.

Both teams played badly, Liverpool took the chances that Lille gave them, what Rami was doing for the 2nd goal bemuses me, Aubemeyang should have scored, Overall a very even two legs, the team that took the chances went through.

I hope Benfica can finished the job and advance to the Semi-Finals, great chance for Fulham aswell, they should fear noone.

Thank God for listening my pray. :PRAY:

Back
Top Bottom