1. We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners. Learn More.

Eurogoals

Discussion in 'Football' started by Professor Nutmeg, 7 February 2006.

1. Professor Nutmeg

Professor Nutmeg ML Fanatic

3 July 2002
    Master League
    Anyone a fan of the great program that is Eurogoals? I know some of you are. ;)

Anyway, yesterday's episode was fantastic :shock: some real stunners, notably Valencia's David Villa scoring from the halfway line, Roudet's (Nice) stunning strike and for me, Cziommer's goal for Roda JC was pretty good too. There were a good few more decent ones, but these stuck out for me.

Last edited: 7 February 2006
  2. joostebrood

joostebrood Premiership

4 March 2002
    I watch this program at times. It's good, the Dutch commentary is terrible though.

3. denirobob

denirobob IBERIAN PRIMERA

28 June 2002
    Henley, Oxfordshire
    The legend that is Eurogoals has been one of the great constants throughout my adolescent and adult life mate!

Do you remember quite a few years ago they used to show the Turkish league and sometimes the top game from Greece too.

Dave Farrah and that other chap (Tim Caple is it?) are pure class and seem to have a footballing knowledge that shows the parochial Motson a thing or two.

The only thing I wish, is that it was a bit longer and featured a few more Bundesliga games as La Liga & Serie A highlights can be picked up on Sky & Bravo.

db

4. Stringer Bell

Stringer Bell Banned

12 February 2005
    London
    Yeah, i'm also a big fan of this show too. Started watching it back in 2003. Not sure when it started though.

And yeah, Tim Caple is a very good commentator, nice to listen too.

Also they used to show the top games in Austria too.

5. Cloud1863

Cloud1863 Premiership

10 December 2004
    Stoke City
    Love the show like to watch it when i get a chance and the missus aint watching crap.

6. OPM

OPM ... Staff

2 June 2003
    Budapest
    i am just wondering why they never pick any bundesliga or serie a (at least i think so from what i saw) goals for goal of the week? something do to with copyright whatsoever? i only saw portuguese, spain and dutch goals there...

7. denirobob

28 June 2002
    Henley, Oxfordshire
    Im not sure OPM, but they do seem to have a deal with Lazio to show their game highlights most weeks.

Also have you noticed that on occasions the goal of the week contender hasnt been shown in the actual show e.g. some anonymous muppet at RBC bangs one in from 40 yards!

db

8. Professor Nutmeg

3 July 2002
    Master League
    OPM, they do normally show Bundesliga (they did this week and normally when i watch it).

The commenatry is quality, you just know he's doing it in one go as he views it. I agree with you Db, i wish they'd show every game in the leagues they're showing.

Every now and then they do show some smaller league or cup games. I've seen French and Greek cup games. I'm sure i've seen the Greek league before too.

Quality programming though. Gratuitous goal action :mrgreen:

9. ThomasGOAL

ThomasGOAL Retired Footballer

15 March 2003
    France
    You forget this one :
    http://rapidshare.de/files/12740520/Zidane_-_Real_vs_Espagnol.mpg.html

10. ClassicD

ClassicD Galáctico

11 November 2001
    Glasgow
    Celtic
    I catch it now and then, not as much as I'd like.

I'm a big fan of Gazzetta Football Italia on Bravo, which used to be on Channel 4. I watch that every week, James Richardson has some very sharp satire. ;)

11. Professor Nutmeg

3 July 2002
    Master League
    I love that program too, but it pains me to see Mr Richardson sitting in the Pantheon square (Piazza della Rotonda) sunshine or Piazza Navona, which were both a minute or two walk from where i used to live in Rome :(

Last edited: 7 February 2006
  12. rockykabir

rockykabir hello

30 March 2003
    London -> New York -> San Francisco
    Liverpool FC
    I think that statement goes for all Eurosports commentary. I can't believe how they can get away with it - I've heard better in PES :roll:

I always miss this when I'm at uni (no satellite), do you know whether anyone uploads them?

13. denirobob

28 June 2002
    Henley, Oxfordshire
  14. rockykabir

rockykabir hello

30 March 2003
    London -> New York -> San Francisco
    Liverpool FC
    LOL!

15. Rainman113x

Rainman113x Guest

been watching Eurogoals since the early 90's.....

still class .....

16. Revan

Revan out the window

8 August 2003
    Madeira, Portugal.
    FC Porto
    Been watching for years. I hate the PT commentary though.

17. Professor Nutmeg

3 July 2002
    Master League
    Anyone see Stuttgart - Boro? Loved the commentator's remark about Ljuboja. "He looks like a hot cross bun." referring to his hair. :lol:

18. OPM

OPM ... Staff

2 June 2003
    Budapest
    did they show last weeks bayern match on eurogoals? missed it!

19. denirobob

28 June 2002
    Henley, Oxfordshire
    dont think the programme was on at all last week mate, because of the olympics :(

[​IMG]

db

20. nerf

nerf Forming triangles

10 September 2003
    West Mids, UK
    Aston Villa
    I love Eurogoals ;). I only picked up on it last season, and I often forgot about it some weeks and missed it, but this season I've been able to Sky Plus+ it and now watch it every week. Essential viewing.

21. OPM

OPM ... Staff

2 June 2003
    Budapest

ahhh crap nothing against olympics but damn they could really have kept this in program for those 2 weeks :(

22. rivaldinho

rivaldinho League 1

9 September 2003
    Real Madrid
    eurogoals is quality but i hate that crappy computerized goal of the week thing they do

23. Professor Nutmeg

3 July 2002
    Master League
    Is it on today?

24. nerf

nerf Forming triangles

10 September 2003
    West Mids, UK
    Aston Villa
    I don't think it was on last week, was it? It's on right now... however I'm at work and I've missed it :(

It's repeated at 9am tomorrow though. Must remember to set it recording...

25. PetrovLFC

PetrovLFC Raul!

13 March 2005
    NW London
    Liverpool
    set it to record this morning. For some reason it doesn't have a series link :(