Eredivisie Thread

Re: Eredivisie Thread (1 game left, who will win the title?)

I suddenly have this feeling we will be champions. Everything is in our advantage next sunday :cool: The trainer of Excelsior is a good friend of ten Cate and said to go full gas. Willem II doesn't wants AZ to be champions, especially their crowd. They don't mind if they'll lose big, as long as AZ won't be champions :D
hahaha! lets see how it pans out in the weekend

I suddenly have this feeling we will be champions. Everything is in our advantage next sunday :cool: The trainer of Excelsior is a good friend of ten Cate and said to go full gas. Willem II doesn't wants AZ to be champions, especially their crowd. They don't mind if they'll lose big, as long as AZ won't be champions :D

Well its in AZ's hands so you have to hope that result goes for you.

I do hope AZ when though, it would be great to see another team win the Eredivisie.

AZ got a better goal difference, right? So if all teams win their respective games AZ should still be top.

Did anyone here watch Futbol Mundial? They done a report on FC Twente and the progress their making in the Eredivise.

I think they'll be repeating it today on one of the sky sports channel.

It will be tricky for Twente to continue this form next season, they aren't the first team to give the top 3 some trouble. Willem II and Heerenveen have finished second a few years ago but the season afterwards they just dropped down because all of the key players were sold.

red card for az keeper waterman, excelsior lead 1:0 by a penalty.

at the moment, ajax is the champ.

edit: free kick cziommer, 1:1

Last edited:

atm psv are champions 5-1 and one goal ahead in the goalsfor colummn (50+ vs 49+ for ajax). Dont follow dutch football, but this is bloody amazing, 3 teams fighting it out and goal difference being the decider (az are 2-2 atm and in third, but if they win theyll be champs on goal diff)

Gutted for AZ, it was a struggle from the point they lost the keeper. I thought they may have done it when bringing the game back to 2-2 but it was not to be. I would have been a little bit happy if Ajax won it but that wasn't to happen either. Now only one of either AZ or Ajax can qualify for the CL which disappoints me.

Amazing finale! England might have the the best league at the moment but I could never see that kind of finish in the Premiership.

Amazing finale! England might have the the best league at the moment but I could never see that kind of finish in the Premiership.

That could be said about most leagues in Europe, when was the last time any league had three teams all on the same points going into the last day of the season.

That could be said about most leagues in Europe, when was the last time any league had three teams all on the same points going into the last day of the season.

The J-league had 5 teams with one point seperating them last season. :shock:

I think when you are talking about a good league or the best league, one should look out for things like this too...something similar is possible in the Bundesliga too with Schalke 04, Werder Bremen and VFB Stuttgart...

In Belgium it's between Anderlecht and Racing Genk and this may also last till the last day (previous season too: Anderlecht and Standard, but in the end it's always Anderlecht that wins...).

Re: Eredivisie Thread - PSV Champions, Ajax Cup Winner

Yesterday was the cup final in de Kuip: AZ-Ajax.

Ajax started strong, but suprisingly it was AZ who took the lead after only 3 minutes: 1-0 by Moussa Dembele! After the early goal it was an exciting game but not with much chanches in the first half.
In the second half Ajax started furious and after 5 minutes Ajax scored the equaliser: 1-1 by Klaas-Jan Huntelaar! Both teams were even to each other but Ajax got the best chances, but they failed to score. Gabri got a red card for smacking de Zeeuw on the head.
After the 2-2 and the 1-1 in the competition there was again nothing between this teams. In the extra time AZ totally played Ajax away, but the fans kept Ajax alive. In the 30th minute of injury time Arveladze had a beautifull header on the woodwork.
Penaltys it were. Even in the penalty shoot-out there was nothing between the teams. Perez, Huntelaar, Lindenbergh, Vermaelen, de Mul, Ogararu and Heitinga scored al their penaltys for Ajax. For AZ Arveladze, Molhoek, de Cler, Jenner, Boukhari, Steinsson and Dembele scored theirs too. Penalty score: 7-7. Ryan Donk gets the ball to take his penalty. He shoots... and Stekelenburg saves! We (the Ajax-fans) exploded. But we had one problem: Davids or Stam had to shoot the next penalty. Both have bad experiences with penaltys. Davids took his responsibility and shot us to victory!

bekerfinale025pu1.jpg

AFC Ajax, Official Cup-Winner. :8):​

Last edited:

Just read in the paper that Ajax promised the Excelsior players a bonus if they managed to beat AZ67...not very ethical IMHO.
To make things worse Ajax refused to pay the bonus because in the end they were not champions. Reaction of the Excelsior players: it's not our fault that Ajax won the title, we kept our part of the deal, give us our money...
I always liked Ajax but now they are bad losers...
AZ67 has asked the Dutch FA to begin an investigation...

It was a joke. Excelsior-player Braber said: 'It would be nice if Ajax would pay us a bonus.' Suddenly the paper said it was true.

Just read this ;) http://www.vi.nl/vi/show/id=62802/contentid=92492/msnhome=true/sc=f61048

Strangely enough the paper who came with the story is very AZ-minded. Their head-line about the cup-final 'Drama in Rotterdam'

Last edited:

Oops...i'm sorry...on second thoughts..i'm glad this is not true..it seemed very un-Ajax-like...i love Ajax (although this time i would have preferred to see AZ as champions...).

No problem, you couldn't know ;)

It says 2005 but it was only last year when it finished. The season runs at a different time here.

http://www.goalzz.com/main.aspx?c=1185

that seasons finished on december 2005 . when you said last year It meant last season wich ended on december 2006 .
but just between you and me (and the others :lol: ) I knew it was another season than last one you were thinking about :mrgreen:

Last edited:

I can't believe I've been here for nearly two years. :shock:

BUMP!

Was looking at some of the latest Eredivisie goals on YouTube and stumbled on this goal by Medunjanin.

I was wondering is Med now a first team starter for AZ now, and has he been playing well enough to attract the attention of van Basten?

Highlights of the Eredivisie is poor (if you haven't got Sentanta sports) in England. Only a few minutes highlights, of a handful of matches, are shown on Eurogoals and Goalisamo. So not much to see.

Last edited:

Medunjanin isn't a first team starter. Cziommer is the nr. 1 attacking midfielder, but is currently injured. So last week against Sparta he did start from the beginning and even scored (an own goal). Van Gaal wasn't happy about his preformance and didn't let him start yesterday (UEFA Cup against Pacos Ferreira) either. Such a talent, but way too lazy.

This is how it's going BTW. Great start from Feyenoord and de Graafschap, bad start from AZ.

1 Feyenoord 4 12
2 Ajax 4 10
3 PSV 4 10
4 Vitesse 4 9
5 Twente 4 8
6 AZ 4 7
7 Roda JC 4 7
8 De Graafschap 4 7
9 NAC Breda 4 6
10 Heerenveen 4 5
11 Utrecht 4 5
12 Groningen 4 4
13 Sparta Rotterdam 4 3
14 VVV Venlo 4 3
15 Willem II 4 2
16 NEC 4 1
17 Heracles Almelo 4 0
18 Excelsior 4 0

Topscorers:
Huntelaar (Aja) 6
de Groot (DeG) 5
Makaay (Fey) 4
N'Kufo (FCT) 4
Suárez (Aja) 4

And this sunday is Super Sunday with first AZ - Ajax and then PSV - Feyenoord

Last edited:

Yea, Feyenoord looks good, can't say their play is yet great. PSV play leaves a strange feeling although they haven't conceded goals until wed's game vs CSKA in ECL, they didn't look good vs Vitesse. Vitesse should've scored a couple of goals if they had more classy forwards. PSV dominated in CSKA game, but CSKA looks so crap this year I can't think of any good team who can't defeat 'em, it's their worst season for last 6 years, they are currently going 5-th with no real chances for CL spot not saying about first place!

But let's get back to Eredivisie. This weekend alot can change! 2 great games I'm really looking forward to. AZ - Ajax and PSV - Feyenoord!

Heerenveen - Almelo 9:0

7x Afonso Alves, 2x Sibon :lol::lol:

Nobody is talking about how AZ won the Eredivisie title?

First team, outside the top 3, to win it in 20 odd years.

There's a lot to talk about in Eredivisie but not a lot of people get coverage or follow it outside the Netherlands it seems.

Not just AZ either but also Twente, PSV's failures this season, van basten quitting... much more!

Thread title needs to be updated lol! Otherwise a lot of people would just assume another season has finished and PSV won it again when really major things have been changing in Holland over the past while.

van Gaal leaves for Bayern and Koeman is taking over I believe.

There's a lot to talk about in Eredivisie but not a lot of people get coverage or follow it outside the Netherlands it seems.

Not just AZ either but also Twente, PSV's failures this season, van basten quitting... much more!

Thread title needs to be updated lol! Otherwise a lot of people would just assume another season has finished and PSV won it again when really major things have been changing in Holland over the past while.

van Gaal leaves for Bayern and Koeman is taking over I believe.
if you have satellite you can watch eredivisie for free on al jazeera sport 1&2 on nile sat.

Re: Eredivisie Thread - AZ Champions!

This year the Dutch league was closely followed in my country because AZ has 4 Belgian players who regularly play in the first team...

Here in Belgium we are gutted that Van Gaal left AZ for Bayern, because a couple of weeks ago it seemed that Van Gaal would do a Hiddink: become manager of the Belgian national team while also coaching AZ... now there is talk that Advocaat could become the next coach of our national team...

Re: Eredivisie Thread - AZ Champions!

This year the Dutch league was closely followed in my country because AZ has 4 Belgian players who regularly play in the first team...

Here in Belgium we are gutted that Van Gaal left AZ for Bayern, because a couple of weeks ago it seemed that Van Gaal would do a Hiddink: become manager of the Belgian national team while also coaching AZ... now there is talk that Advocaat could become the next coach of our national team...
It was followed in morocco too because of el hamdaoui :D

Back
Top Bottom