Eredivisie Thread

I rather see Grygera move because I think we have too much defenders and Grygera is at his best as a centre defender. He is fantastic there but we have Stam en Heitinga could replace him too. Ten Cate wants him as a left back but I rather see Emanuelson for starting linup and a new left back.

Sneijder is a very good technical player but I still think he can't handle the physic part cause I want to see Ajax play with a midfield with the point to the back so Sneijder has to play leftmidfielder. This is not the full attacking midfielder role but also a more controlling role.

As a sub Babel could take place but also here I'm afraid this will get a tense situation. These youngsters nowadays have a lack of respect and complain too soon.

Indeed Perez got those skills but still I rather see a more Ajax winger type player then the type of Perez.

I think you are underestimating De Mul. This is a beautiful typical Ajax type of winger wich I like. Indeed he is still young and nervous but I see lot of potential in him. Rosales my God he is NOT the Ajax winger.

Ajax winger(right side):
-prefer right footed
-speed
-good crossing
-eliminate the back by moving inside AND outside
-Is very good in small spaces

Rosales is right footed, has speed, crossing could be better, only moves inside/ouside he loses ALWAYS, is NOT skilled in small spaces

You know in the beginning I was complaining too about Vermaelen because he is small but I was wrong. He has become a very good defender. He might be not tall but he is not weak at all and has PERFECT timing and positioning. Also his attacking (building up) ability is good. Cannavaro is small too but he never has problems.

Well the funny thing is Erwin Koeman is now prefering Kolkka above Huysegems on the left wing. Everybody at feyenoord was talking about that Kolkka was going to feyenoord to sit down on the pitch because he's not great (duuuh) and now he will be at the starting lineup. Oh yes feyenoord's gonna lose this one from Heerenveen or even Groningen hahaha.

Amsterdammer said:
-Heitinga is a centre defender but Stam is already there
I wouldn't remove to Stam from the starting eleven, but I referred for Vermaelen, I think he's a very good defender but I think Heitinga have a great level too and could be a great partner of Stam.

PLF said:
Vermaelen is a promising young defender the Belgian but is also a bit weak and skinny for that position!! I'd rather have Heitinga at the back with Stam even though he's far from perfect.
Just.

PLF said:
Wesley Sneijder is not very strong. That's correct but he's still a much better player overall than a very disappointing Roger nowadays for reasons I've already mentioned about Roger above.
I'm agree, If I have to choose between they I definitely choose first to Sneijder; I think Roger isn't in a good moment of his career, Gabri neither I think.

Last edited:
If I had to descripe Gabri in 1 word today: Fantastic. Same goes for Ogararu and Stam (man of the match)

Glavisted said:
I wouldn't remove to Stam from the starting eleven, but I referred for Vermaelen, I think he's a very good defender but I think Heitinga have a great level too and could be a great partner of Stam.

No way man. Vermaelen is on a role en btw he is left footes so better for this position then Heitinga

PLF said:
Thanks Big Boss. Took a while to write that but I figured it might start up some good discussions since the thread was kinda a little flat before it. ;)

Oh I see if that's what Robin meant then I'm already aware of that and yeh that's one of the best things about Gabri. But like I mentioned, Theo from what I've seen has the same attitude and is willing to work hard with exception that he seems to be more fit and have higher stamina (energy) and is less injury prone as well.

I too would've loved to see Davids back at Amsterdam AreNa this season. :|
But one can still hope. ;)

Finally I think you brought up a very good point earlier.

The biggest 2 things an Ajax fan should probably be excited about this new season is

1) Arrival of Jaap Stam

2) Departure of Guus Hiddink! :mrgreen: (The man is a GOD) and with him no longer there, PSV will not be as great as they were with him and this might open the door for AZ, Feyenoord and Ajax to get closer to them next season and make the title race hopefully more close. (IF these teams can get their act together and play well and get results consistently!)

and

3) Arrival of Ronald Koeman at PSV :D I think he can only make players even worse, and not improve them. Also, with his brother Erwin at Feyenoord it is going to be a cool season.

4) Arrival of Ten Cate :cool:

oh and I hope manucharyan will get play time because he's explosive and has a nice cross.

Yeah I really hope Edgar can stay injury-free and get more playing time next season too to help develop his potential slowly slowly. 8)

It's probably the best for him to be loaned out, just like Vermeer and perhaps even for Babel, it's a crucial time in his career and he probably won't be playing much.

I don't know. He's a versatile player who can play on both wings and as nr. 10. He even can go for a place in the starting formation (maybe as RWF, not to happy about that position)

We have won the Johan Cruijff-Schaal (Dutch Supercup) :) Goals from Rosales (after good preperation of Babel and Gabri), Perez (Rebound after a powerfull strike of Stam), Sneijder (Just like his goal against Inter, but even better) and Cocu for PSV (rebound after header of VoH). Especially the goal from Sneijder was a beauty.
Huntelaar, Gomes, Culina, Affelay and Beasly couldn't play.

-----------------Stekelenburg-----------------
Ogararu------Stam-------Vermaelen---Emanuelson
-----------------Schilder---------------------
-----Gabri------------------Sneijder----------
Rosales----------Rosenberg----------Babel-----

Subs:
45' Heitinga for Ogararu
45' Maduro for Schilder
69' Perez for Rosenberg

-----------------Moens-----------------
Lamey----Alex------Simons-------Salcido
---------------Cocu-------------------
Vayrinen------------------------Aissati
Farfan--------VoH------------------Koné

Subs:
69' Feher for Vayrinen
79' Addo for Cocu
82' Nguygen for Aissati

I guess I'll post this here:

Unbelievable! He does it again! Huntelaar scores twice in his debut for the Dutch national team against Ireland (0-4) and also gives two assists! I think he really will be the new Van Basten...........man what a killer! He played a super match!

More good news: Kuyt leaving to Liverpool. :)
Bad for the Eredivisie, bad for Feyenoord. Good for Premier League, good for Ajax.

Amsterdammer said:
I guess I'll post this here:

Unbelievable! He does it again! Huntelaar scores twice in his debut for the Dutch national team against Ireland (0-4) and also gives two assists! I think he really will be the new Van Basten...........man what a killer! He played a super match!

Huntelaar was decent, but I wasn't that impressed with him. Took his first goal well but the marking was non existant, really poor from the corner. The second I couldn't make out too well as it was at the North Terrace end but it looked a decent finish as well. I'm not sure you can give him one of the assists either as Carr probably deserved that for Robben's goal. :roll: :lol:

Kuyt was a bit shit when he came on as well, I dont really see the fuss with him, if he moves to the Premiership I think he'll end up like another Kezman, all the promise but no product.

Kezman is a loser, Kuijt is a winner; although he hasnt won anything with Feyenoord ;););)

Last edited:
Dar, Huntelaar is great, trust me.
It's not all about flashy plays, the guy plays with his brains. He's seriously one of the most deadly strikers I know.

He's smart allright. The way he scored against Inter Milan for example. Samuel tried to block him, but he gave Samuel a little push so he fell and he was all free. The way he scored against PSV (Cup-final, last minute): He gave Ball a little push when the ref wasn't watching so he wasn't well balanced. This way he could easily come in front of him and score. The first goal against Ireland. He said: ''Joris (Mathijsen), block my man.' He blocked his man so he was totally free to head the bal in. I think this is the big difference between him and van Nistelrooy, the football intelegence.

----------------------

Tonight the new season will start (finally8) ) with Sparta-Vitesse. Sparta haven't the first match of the season in 15 seasons. :shock: I think it won't happen again. Vitesse will start fresh and I think they will end up high in the rankings. Under new trainer Aad de Mos they will be nice combination football and new signing Lazovic will take care of the goals.
Sparta can impress too however. Last year they played pretty good but they just couldn't finish it off. But now they have bought themself the one, the only: Yannis 'Pappa' Anastasiou. He's also their new captain.

Play round 1 (with my predictions):

Sparta Rotterdam - Vitesse 1-3
ADO Den Haag - sc Heerenveen 1-2
Willem II - FC Utrecht 0-1
Excelsior - Roda JC 0-4
AZ - NAC Breda 2-0
PSV - NEC 3-0
Ajax - RKC Waalwijk 4-1
FC Groningen - Feyenoord 2-1
Heracles Almelo - FC Twente 0-3

Last edited:
Vitesse has won their first match with 1-2 against Sparta. I haven't seen the first half but I heard that Vitesse played very good. Lazovic scored after 4 minutes and dived around a lot. He got a penalty for diving and Ruud Knol scored it. The second half Sparta got more control of the match, and everything went good untill they got near the box of Vitesse. Danny Schenkel did score 1-2, after his shot got touched by Remco van der Schaaf. But that was all they could do.
Mendunjanin got subbed right after I came home, so I couldn't see his preformance.

What do you guys think about Groningen???
I think they might steal some points from "the big" clubs.

Yesterday i've read thjat there are 38 Belgian players in Eredivisie, which players are doing very good??? (Besides Vermaelen and Simons).

De Ceulaer did pretty good last season and I think he will get his minutes at Feyenoord, especially if Castelen will keep getting all the injury's. Dembele was very good at Willem II last season, I think he can get a place in the starting eleven at AZ. Then there's Tom de Mul, who I think is just not good enough for 'the big clubs'. Can't really think of many more except Gil Swerts. He's a decent player, nothin special.

robin_007 said:
More good news: Kuyt leaving to Liverpool. :)
Bad for the Eredivisie, bad for Feyenoord. Good for Premier League, good for Ajax.

Good for Ajax? What the hell are talkin'about man? WITH Kuyt Ajax or other big teams never have any problem. Feyenoord is not a competition for AZ, PSV and Ajax anymore. They dropped out of the top!

Amsterdammer said:
Good for Ajax? What the hell are talkin'about man? WITH Kuyt Ajax or other big teams never have any problem. Feyenoord is not a competition for AZ, PSV and Ajax anymore. They dropped out of the top!

Ehm...u seem to forget Kuyt scored against us about every time we played Feyenoord, and we lost to them twice during the competition last year (but luckily corrected that in the play-offs, probably the weirdest decision ever to have those)

Today 4 matches were played.

Willem II - FC Utrecht 2-1 (0-1 '2 Fortune, 1-1 '23 El Hamdaoui penalty, 2-1 '81 Redan)
Excelsior - Roda JC 0-1 (0-1 '9 Gyan own goal)
ADO Den Haag - SC Heerenveen 2-3 (1-0 '40 Rankovic, 1-1 '42 Bosvelt, 2-1 '58 Tininho penalty, 2-2 '81 Yilirim, 2-3 '93 Afonso Alves)
AZ - NAC Breda 8-1 :shock: (1-0 33' Koevermans, 2-0 '40 Cziommer, 2-1 46' Stam, 3-1 '54 Mathijsen, 4-1 '56 Cziommer, 5-1 '58 Schaars, 6-1 '64 De Cler, 7-1 '71 Koevermans, '80 Cziommer 8-1) NAC was rubbish, but well done by AZ and Cziommer (my favourite player outside of Ajax) scored 3 times. :applause: Especially the first goal of Cziommer was a beauty (free kick from 30 meters)

Last edited:
robin_007 said:
De Ceulaer did pretty good last season and I think he will get his minutes at Feyenoord, especially if Castelen will keep getting all the injury's. Dembele was very good at Willem II last season, I think he can get a place in the starting eleven at AZ. Then there's Tom de Mul, who I think is just not good enough for 'the big clubs'. Can't really think of many more except Gil Swerts. He's a decent player, nothin special.

Vreven, Vandenbussche, Vermaelen, Huysegems, Tanghe, Timmy Simons, Caluwé just to name a few decent Belgian players, especially Simons deserves a mention and Vandenbussche as well for being selected for Belgian National Team.

robin_007 said:
Feyenoord is and always will stay at the top.

No that's where you're wrong. Feyenoord isn't a team anymore that goes for the title. Only Ajax and PSV are fighting for the title and maybe AZ. Feyenoord hasn't won the title now for almost a decade. The only chance if they can win the title is if Ajax ánd PSV are having a trouble year. Even AZ has surpassed them since all player in Holland choose for AZ instead of Feyenoord.

Big Boss said:
Ehm...u seem to forget Kuyt scored against us about every time we played Feyenoord, and we lost to them twice during the competition last year (but luckily corrected that in the play-offs, probably the weirdest decision ever to have those)

You seem to forget that Kuyt has NEVER won or achieved A THING since he was playing with Feyenoord. So WITHOUT Kuyt it can only go worser but it wasn't great at all WITH Kuyt

I know they havent won anything, but u said they arent a competition anymore, wich may be true over 34 games, but they can still beat any of the topteams on their day.

Damn AZ really killed NAC yesterday, i watched it just now, and the Cziommer FK was aweeeeeeeeeeeeesome! ill try and see if i can find a clip of it.

^^Brilliant FK Indeed, a cannonshot from 30 meters in the right top corner.

Back
Top Bottom