Englands next manager?

Glenn Hoddle!

Didnt do too bad as far as i can remember and was removed because of non-footballing reasons, more media witch-hunt because they wanted Keegan in the job.

Redknapp scoffs at England contenders' credentials

"Guus Hiddink? Do me a favour, he could not win against Israel reserves and they had a worse result than England on Wednesday night [in losing 2-1 in Tel Aviv last Saturday].
http://sport.independent.co.uk/football/news/article3187069.ece

Guus Hiddink (born 8 November 1946 in Varsseveld) is a Dutch football manager. He managed PSV Eindhoven between 2002-2006. Throughout his entire managerial career, he is best recognised for winning the treble with PSV Eindhoven, leading South Korea to a 4th place finish in the 2002 FIFA World Cup, managing the Netherlands into the same position in the 1998 FIFA World Cup in France, leading Australia to the second round of the 2006 FIFA World Cup—their first appearance in the tournament for 32 years—and some impressive displays with PSV Eindhoven in the UEFA Champions League and Eredivisie. Hiddink became the manager of the Russian national team after the 2006 World Cup, and led them to main tournament of Euro 2008.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guus_Hiddink

Jack Charlton, the Englishman that played for England in 66 and that brought Ireland to the quarterfinals of the World cup of 1990. Big Jack, put em under pressure, he's the man for the job.

GoFishing.jpg

My list:

1st. Harry Redknapp - First choice because he is english, plus his extensive experience in the England League and what he's been doing lately for pompy.

2nd. Jose Mourinho - Obvious reasons really. He's been in the England League for around 3 seasons is it? Won the England League twice and a couple of cups and was close to reaching CL finals. Played top level teams and knows how to deal with them. A plus, his english is good.

3rd. Jurgen Klinsmann - Played in the England League a couple of seasons and proved his mettle; he's got some english experience in his bag. He's managed Germany and won 3rd place in the last World Cup. He's a great football player which in my book warrants him much respect. His english is good.

I'd like to see the technical area full of those Saturday morning Mum's and Dad's, nutters who scream and shout at their kids, baying for blood. Nothing like some Housing estate dross, dripping in gold with a sovereign on each finger screaming at his six year old to "get stuck in to him" Then the poor kids in tears at half time while they get a balling out from their parents. Ah! English junior football... Can you imagine it, we could get about 20 of them in the technical box, then when it all goes sour, they can at least give Gerrard a slap across the back of his legs for letting the family down..
I wonder if kids soccer is like that in Holland or Germany?

Deleted post above was deleted as the news hadn't broken by the time I found out...

Bungpuss?

(Oh DagJT... bungpuss is just a play on words for Redknapp that he is saggy faced and resembles bagpuss and that he has *ahem* alledgedly taken a few brown paper envelopes in his time.)

Redknapp arrested on corruption charges along with long time agent and brown envelope passer, Willia McKay.

Mandaric, Faye and Peter Storrie too.

Ol' bungpuss, it was only a matter of time before he got done for what many know he was getting.
Bad day for Pompey that's for sure.

About fucking time, although I notice Ferguson and Allardyce haven't been touched. You just know Allardyce shifted the blame onto his son when he was in it all along. I hope they all get what's coming to them.

I don't want Harry "wideboy" Redknapp as England manager. Actually, I don't want any dodgy cockey geezer manager.

It HAS to be foreign - English coaches are crap.

I agree. I'd love an English manager, but the harsh reality is, nobody's up to the job. People keep mentioning Shearer but from what I've seen on MOTD, these coaching courses he's apparently doing haven't really helped him!

Gazza's had some managerial experience - why not ask him?

Last edited:
Good choice i think , probably the 2nd best we could of got, oviously Mourinho being the top choice but i think Capello is a better manager than Sven not by a huge difference but its the right step forward i hope he picks the best players for the team and not the position

like i've said England will never be successful with an English managers, so this difference is going to make a huge difference imo.

Back
Top Bottom