Englands next manager?

Whoever the FA pick now is the opportunity
for them to start form scratch.

Every player international future career needs
to be questioned(some might not have one).

Someone needs to come in with no BS, this star power needs to
aswell go.

A whole load of shit needs to change.

I do NOT want Martin O'Neill.
Very overrated manager and would be yet another yes man puppet for the FA.

(I'd love to see Mourinho in the job but I don't think he would even consider it, he knows we're not good enough)

Surely the point is that it's his job to make us good?!

Vanizzle... I don't think Redknapp should be praised too much fo the talent he brought through.
Most thanks should go to Tony Carr and the West Ham youth setup for that.

Redknapp always was tactically inept, but it seems the older he has got, the wiser he has got and improved many aspects of his game.
Worryingly, bungpuss is probably the leading English candidate.

Last edited:
Vanizzle... I don't think Redknapp should be praised too much fo the talent he brought through.
Most thanks should go to Tony Carr and the West Ham youth setup for that.

Redknapp always was tactically inept, but it seems the older he has got, the wiser he has got and improved many aspects of his game.

Worryingly, bungpuss is probably the leading English candidate.

do you think the problem is tactical...

I dont...

SAF is a crap trainer and not the best tactically...

but he gets results...

Mclaren was /is a pro zone and stat freak...

I hate that...

at least 'arry is a footballing man and knows how to get the best out of players...

so does o'neil...

I think it is tactical.
But certainly not statistical... statistics are a mugs game and nearly always fabricate the truth.

The national team doesn't need a coach to coach these players that get top coaching week in week out.
Obviously the manager has to get his ideas of formation across in training and such, but we don't need a whole coaching setup for that.
It needs a great man manager that gets the best out of the team, makes big decisions and is tactically astute to put out the best team rather than picking the best players and also be able to change the tactics when things are going well.

(Oh DagJT... bungpuss is just a play on words for Redknapp that he is saggy faced and resembles bagpuss and that he has *ahem* alledgedly taken a few brown paper envelopes in his time.)

martin oneil is no yes man mate, where did you get that from any way if a man from belfast northern ireland got the england job , well then that just about says it all :lmao:

I think the guy is a lemon.

Always seen him as a weed and compared to other names such as Scolari, Mourinho and Capello, he is a lot weaker and would crumble under the pressure of the job.

Just how I perceive him anyway.

There's no good managers available at the moment so I would say to the FA, hang on a bit. There's no qualifiers now until 2009, is there? So wait for a good manager to come out of their job, a Ferguson or a Wenger might have resigned by then, and THEN appoint someone. Who cares about the friendlies, Brian Barwick could manage those and nobody would give a toss.

Klinsmann,?Lippi?,Capello?Didier Deshamps?, soon you will have Rijkaard..

The draw for World Cup 2010 qualifying is on Sunday - it all starts again after the summer I think.

Most likely it will be someone who is free now (or willing to leave their club) or wait like Vultures for someone to get the sack. Can't see them wanting to wait too long.

To be fair though, I do feel that FIFA should limit coaches to being domestic. I think this should apply to every country as the National team is meant to be composed of your own people.

To be fair though, I do feel that FIFA should limit coaches to being domestic. I think this should apply to every country as the National team is meant to be composed of your own people.

Wont work, for the same reason the EU is saying foreign player quotas are illegal.

But I agree about coaches. I've said earlier, I'd rather see the EPL with just English players. Then we'd get a true reflection of which countries league is better. Fair enough we wouldn't get to experience the likes of Cantona and Zola, but who's to say our own talent wouldn't be as good?

The only issue with that is players who have countries with rubbish leagues, or no league. African players spring to mind. There are some excellent African's who could never be who they are if they stayed playing in their country.

Martin O'Neil?! So what, he won trophies at Celtic - ANY coach who manages Celtic is going to win trophies in that league! :lol:

Alan Shearer - PLEASE no. England need to move forward, not backwards.

Steve Staunton?! Whoever said that is having a laugh, surely?

Back
Top Bottom