eFootball PES 2020 Demo Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox)

Status
Not open for further replies.
konami 'n' people might drive the pr train, and only that!
hype train is only and was only driven by fans/customers/users! ;) so its on us how much cole we shovel into the engines container!

this year, i just a got ticket... still i'm at the station... watching the scene... might jump the train... maybe...
:)
I'm on the couch,not buying any tickets unless the travel is very good ,and if I get on the train,it's probably long after the train has departed.

I didn't DL the demo last year,which was a good thing,and wasn't going to buy it ,but ended up doing it anyway,Pes 19 remains my least played Pes game
I'm watching Xbox E3 tomorrow and I'm sure it will have some news on Pes 20 in it,like they had last year,even if it probably will be very little info

It's the name of the series that's definitely wrong, indeed. I must say that 'Pro Evolution Football' wouldn't sound as good, though.

I mean, calling the sport "Soccer" anywhere outside the US is like demanding that everyone in the world starts calling basketball "pallacanestro" 'cause this is the way we call it in Italy. No way.

I call it football like most of the world, but the "soccer" term isn't uniquely American, and is as old as "football". It's actually a more unique determination than "football".

"Football" used to refer to a category of ball game, a game played on foot. Hence, "Rugby football, "Association football", "Australian football", "American football", etc. In the Oxford "-er" slang (which still exists somewhat), sports got subject to having this suffix, so that rugby football became "rugger" (some still call it this), and association football became "soccer". This is going back quite some time, in England. So it has an authentic history, in terms of the sport itself.

Last edited:
I call it football like most of the world, but the "soccer" term isn't uniquely American, and is as old as "football". It's actually a more unique determination than "football".

"Football" used to refer to a category of ball game, a game played on foot. Hence, "Rugby football, "Association football", "Australian football", etc. In the Oxford "-er" slang (which still exists somewhat), sports got subject to having this prefix, so that rugby football became "rugger" (some still call it this), and association football became "soccer". This is going back quite some time, in England. So it has an authentic history, in terms of the sport itself.
Also called 'togger' in some areas of the UK. Not sure how to explain that though.

"Football" used to refer to a category of ball game, a game played on foot. Hence, "Rugby football, "Association football", "Australian football", etc. In the Oxford "-er" slang (which still exists somewhat), sports got subject to having this prefix, so that rugby football became "rugger" (some still call it this), and association football became "soccer". This is going back quite some time, in England. So it has an authentic history, in terms of the sport itself.
I absolutely didn't know that. Well, it looks like it's never too late to learn something new. :)

I have been hearing through my sources that PA1 is free as a bird though.
giphy.gif

It's the name of the series that's definitely wrong, indeed. I must say that 'Pro Evolution Football' wouldn't sound as good, though.

I mean, calling the sport "Soccer" anywhere outside the US is like demanding that everyone in the world starts calling basketball "pallacanestro" 'cause this is the way we call it in Italy. No way.
Wanna play some Pallacanestro?

I have been hearing through my sources that PA1 is free as a bird though.

I remember people saying that last year during playtests and that is so far from the truth. Actually PA1 is one of the more restrictive and on rails since they introduced it. Last time it was good it was with Pes 2015.

I still remember one person freaking out about you not being banned:LMAO:
What?! That Henry guy is still here?! :LOL:

Don’t change your name dude!! You seem to be the good Henry. Like Thomas Hendry tonic water! ;)

Btt! I know, I get lost myself quiet some time... maybe we need a random funny stuff thread. I don’t know. Same time I’m making ot jokes I feel the need to calm me down and stay on topic (all of us)! ;)

Have a good weekend!
@mods: we don’t mean no harm! :)

I remember people saying that last year during playtests and that is so far from the truth. Actually PA1 is one of the more restrictive and on rails since they introduced it. Last time it was good it was with Pes 2015.
PA0 in Pes19 feels fantastic tho. Dont know if its just me, but all the passes go exactly where I want them to go. Out of last 3 editions, PA0 in 19 is by far the best.

Don’t change your name dude!! You seem to be the good Henry. Like Thomas Hendry tonic water! ;)

Btt! I know, I get lost myself quiet some time... maybe we need a random funny stuff thread. I don’t know. Same time I’m making ot jokes I feel the need to calm me down and stay on topic (all of us)! ;)

Have a good weekend!
I refuse to laugh on a joke made by a Bayern fan who lives near Herne West. Worst combo.

I refuse to laugh on a joke made by a Bayern fan who lives near Schalke. Worst combo.
WHY do you keep that conversation going?! :LOL: And in that particular direction too... :D
You know i just can’t stop here...
In Germany, whatever fan you are, you are living next to other teams!! But anyway...
let’s get back to topic!! I beg ya.
And I’m outta for tonight. We have Hessentag in town. I’m off... partying!! Have a good one.

Honestly? I don't think I could be anything good at that. I think I was like 12 the last time I played basketball at school.
By the way, taking about Italian pallacanestro... GO DINAMOOOO! :bscarf:
Well it's not really tough to beat someone as short as me. Unless you're a midget.

Honestly? I don't think I could be anything good at that. I think I was like 12 the last time I played basketball at school.
By the way, taking about Italian pallacanestro... GO DINAMOOOO! :BSCARF:
My normal sleeping pattern has taken a hard knock the past month or so due to the NBA playoffs starting between 1-3 am every goddamn night

anyone recognize the stadium in the background?

D8ewvAnX4AIO7kM.jpg:large

fifa just added a street mode on top of it all, pes really has to refresh and add more playable modes for f sake.

I don't think I ever watched a basketball game on TV (apart from our national team at international tournaments), before this year's Italian League playoffs.
A friend of mine, a Dinamo Sassari supporter, had me watch the semifinals against Milan and (despite living near Milan myself) I got pretty hooked with Sassari almost instantly.

Well, time to get back in topic I guess. Sorry everyone for the digression.

Have a good weekend!
@mods: we don’t mean no harm! :)
Hey, @mods , you old non-leaguer... :)
How are you doing?! I bet you only got the 1 month membership at evo, right?! ;)

I did not know there was a user with that name. :D

I meant, the moderators. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom