eFootball PES 2020 Demo Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox)

Status
Not open for further replies.

This is why we have the same height for the players. Look at the hand over Jesus's head. Even before the players had the same height with an invisible barrier during cutscenes.

PS im quiet positive this could be re-enabled through modding the exe for PC.

Well, I am taking nitpicking to the extreme, I admit, and the discrepancies are minimal (the difference is less than 5 pixels in all cases, it seems), but they are everywhere in their scoreboard graphic design. And it becomes more visible when modded scoreboards come to play (hell, the official AFCCL scoreboard in-game uses the same messy format the modders use). Using a misaligned font just seems amateurish to me when you're pairing it with more moden design.

But I'll admit, I'm biased, years of working in graphic design changed me and I have a unhealthy deviation regarding such things. (and yet, i'm not the one to complain about the baggy shirts)

Anyway, if there are modders working on modded scoreboards and interface elements I'm open for cooperation offers for 2020. Just PM me. :BLEH:

Was just kidding bro, I love that someone is animated enough about vertical font alignment to make a post about it. Given the standard of the interface/menus in general I'm guessing attention to detail isn't the strong-point of whoever is in charge.

Was just kidding bro, I love that someone is animated enough about vertical font alignment to make a post about it. Given the standard of the interface/menus in general I'm guessing attention to detail isn't the strong-point of whoever is in charge.
I mean, yeah, it really is as minor as it gets, but I'd say it goes along with all the rest of Konami's slackness throughout the last few PES games. What I'm really vivid about is that we can't have a nice knock-off scoreboard with this messy font and all! :D

Well, you think you're good enough maybe you can apply job to konami. And so called "elitist" can make this game even better ! am i right ? Here's the link :APPLAUD:

https://www.gaming.konami.com/corporate/Home/Careers.aspx

I think it's enough from me, any opinion from you guys i always respect that.
Because it's that easy.

Cmon guys. Pack it up. Let's all pack up and move to Tokyo to work at Konami. Because it's up to us.

(...)
Well, you think you're good enough maybe you can apply job to konami. And so called "elitist" can make this game even better ! am i right ? Here's the link :APPLAUD:

https://www.gaming.konami.com/corporate/Home/Careers.aspx

I think it's enough from me, any opinion from you guys i always respect that.

Thanks! Thanks to your link, I've sent my application and Konami has accepted it - I'm now the new Community Manager.

From now on, I'll be representing the PES community - no, not the actual communities built around the game, I mean random people talking about the game on twitter - that is, the guys who I haven't blocked yet. As for the actual PES communities, they can go f*** themselves.
I'll be using this account to relentlessly hype the game that my employer produces, but if you criticize the game (on twitter! not here, duh...), I'll hide behind the fact that this is my personal account with my personal opinions. So you see, I'm like a professional but not quite: I'm one of you guys, but then again I'm not one of you guys.

Anyway, I promise that the future is bright for the game. Be patient, and in three years you'll be blown away, I guarantee you.

...what? Those elitists at Evo-Web? They don't even play myClub! I know they helped supporting a franchise that would be long dead already if it weren't for the forum's continuous constructive feedback and fantastic game modding over the years (decades actually) but...we're moving forward, to the future! And the future is you sitting there alone, anxiously waiting for the next black ball on myClub, your thick wallet sitting by your side just in case you feel like getting milked. Keep your mouth shut and only open it to publicly praise the franchise once the new game is announced. Then buy it. Don't ask questions, just consume the product and then get excited for the new product. Don't be like the Evo-Web Elitists and criticize the game, just love it 'cause it's awesome, mkay? Geez. You should be grateful we're producing a football game after having produced like twenty of them already. Ingrates.

Looking forward to engage with the members of the community who say nice stuff about PES, so that we can engage in conversations that ultimately won't lead anywhere because nothing will be debated - "dude have you seen that animation?"..."yeah dude, PES is great isn't it?"..."whoa dude you're totally right, PES is amazing".
As for the people who won't say nice stuff about PES, they'll be blocked anyway so I won't have to deal with it.

From Tokyo with Love,
Miguel

I agree that passing is farr too assisted

but in this situation youre better off dribbling to the left to make some space and then passing through the centre.

it's already a 4v2 in the centre of the pitch, theres no need to pass it to the player who is far behind in the left back position

Exactly. The better option is actually carrying tbe ball
I agree that passing is farr too assisted

but in this situation youre better off dribbling to the left to make some space and then passing through the centre.

it's already a 4v2 in the advanced centre of the pitch, theres no need to pass it to the player who is far behind in the left back position, that would only slow your attack down and give the opposition time to regain shape

I'll agree on this one.

But I think You guys get my point here. We can ALL I agree that passing directly to attacker with two Defenders in between os certainly the most Dumb decisions contextually wise, but this is PES, a low iq drivenn game that endorse Dumb direct plays and Quick forward passing mentality

Game is too ridiculously biased to attack also. A low Cross to the box and the attacker is always reaching the ball First even tho there are Defenders clearly ahead of him and closer to the ball who could really cut out of danger

Thanks! Thanks to your link, I've sent my application and Konami has accepted it - I'm now the new Community Manager.

From now on, I'll be representing the PES community - no, not the actual communities built around the game, I mean random people talking about the game on twitter - that is, the guys who I haven't blocked yet. As for the actual PES communities, they can go f*** themselves.
I'll be using this account to relentlessly hype the game that my employer produces, but if you criticize the game (on twitter! not here, duh...), I'll hide behind the fact that this is my personal account with my personal opinions. So you see, I'm like a professional but not quite: I'm one of you guys, but then again I'm not one of you guys.

Anyway, I promise that the future is bright for the game. Be patient, and in three years you'll be blown away, I guarantee you.

...what? Those elitists at Evo-Web? They don't even play myClub! I know they helped supporting a franchise that would be long dead already if it weren't for the forum's continuous constructive feedback and fantastic game modding over the years (decades actually) but...we're moving forward, to the future! And the future is you sitting there alone, anxiously waiting for the next black ball on myClub, your thick wallet sitting by your side just in case you feel like getting milked. Keep your mouth shut and only open it to publicly praise the franchise once the new game is announced. Then buy it. Don't ask questions, just consume the product and then get excited for the new product. Don't be like the Evo-Web Elitists and criticize the game, just love it 'cause it's awesome, mkay? Geez. You should be grateful we're producing a football game after having produced like twenty of them already. Ingrates.

Looking forward to engage with the members of the community who say nice stuff about PES, so that we can engage in conversations that ultimately won't lead anywhere because nothing will be debated - "dude have you seen that animation?"..."yeah dude, PES is great isn't it?"..."whoa dude you're totally right, PES is amazing".
As for the people who won't say nice stuff about PES, they'll be blocked anyway so I won't have to deal with it.

From Tokyo with Love,
Miguel
Alright mate , that's too far to be honest.

Something I said on reddit about a year ago and want to share with you guys:

What I think can be improved (outside of gameplay)

renderTimingPixel.png

Most of the points I am going to discuss about are not about actual gameplay, but more about the presentation of the game.

First of all, the licensed leagues.

• We now have tons of licensed leagues and even some exclusive licensed leagues. Why isn't any work put out in the presentation/realism of those leagues?
Let's start with the 2 leagues that have been in the game for years now; Ligue 1 and the Eredivise. When you start a league campaign, the game kicks off with the official tv intro, but the intro is only like 5 seconds (both are actually a slightly altered intro from last year if you pay attention, instead of this year's intro). Why not just put the full intro as we only see the intro once (at the start of the season) and as we can also skip the intro if we want? It makes it more immersive. It also does not make sense that some other leagues (like the Belgian one) do have a full intro...

Then once we are past the intro, the menu loads up. We get the same grey menu and overlays like in the main menu, why not make a league specific menu (with official images/overlay, music and fonts), like PES used to do with the UEFA and CONMEBOL licenses? I'm pretty sure that when you are able to put the official league intro, adboards and also official replay wipe/fade, you can also add the official league images/fonts/overlays, etc. Or like I said, at the very least change the colors or something, it's not like they can't because even the fake CL/EL in PES 2019 has different colors in the menus (fake CL = Blue, fake EL = Orange). Why can they do this for fake/unlicensed leagues but not for the licensed ones? The "exclusive" licensed leagues don't even have an intro or real adboards...

• The next point are the adboards.
PES 2014 was the first football game that featured dynamic/animated adboards. We are now 5 years further and still the only animated adboards are the default PES League/MyClub adboards. All the official licensed leagues and partner teams have adboards, but they are not animated or dynamic (most even static). FC Barcelona doesn't even have official adboards...

5 YEARS later and they still haven't found a way to implement animated adboards for licensed leagues and teams while modders on PC have multiple animated adboards for every single team and league (not to mention the UI, real overlays, etc.). I think it's ridiculous.

Playing the International Champions Cup (also no intro and UI/overlays) and the only thing you see is "International Champions Cup" x 1000 as the adboard, like we are still on the PS1. And that for every licensed league and team.

For the adboards it seems like they have added dynamic adboards, at least for Manchester United (from what I saw), although still all the teams only feature like 3 sponsors...
  • The overlays now.
I don't know why they don't add overlays/pop ups of those licensed leagues. It could be that the license doesn't include this (which I think is weird as the replay wipes and intros are usually part of the broadcast package, so if you can use that you surely can also use the rest of the broadcast package), but I don't think that's case. But what is it then? Laziness? Refusing to do something? I can't figure it out.

I for one remember that with the CL license the overlays were used well. When you played the CL, all in game overlays used official CL popups, until PES 2014. After PES 2015, suddenly the player names bar, the set piece information bars (change set piece taker etc.) weren't like that anymore. But when you got to the match stats and individual player stats, the official CL overlays were still used for that. Since PES 2017, that also vanished.

PES 2014: https://imgur.com/a/gAstVqz

So, maybe it's really laziness? Are they doing this on purpose? What is it?

Anyway, even if it's the case that they can't use the official popups for the licensed leagues, why not give us multiple variations of their own overlays/popups, instead of just one? Why can't they keep the pop ups of PES 2018, 2017 and 2016 in the game? I mean, last year they made a good one (clearly inspired by the PL) and the following year they decide to make a new one so just throw the old one in the bin. Why not keep that one as well and assign it to the English League (for example)? Why can't they have more than 1 variation? In PES 2017 they kept the PES 2016 one in the game, why can't they keep everything in the game?

https://imgur.com/a/dnaEwnz

That brings us to the fake UEFA competitions.

Why oh why are ALL the UEFA assets removed? Why is there no pitch entry gate anymore? Why are there no other on the pitch assets anymore (like the starball, the team logos, the banners, etc.)? Is it that hard to keep them in the game and just change the textures to something else? I mean, EA had the "Champions Cup" but had multiple, realistic, assets to make it look like it was the CL. Now when you play the CL/EL it literally looks like you are just playing a friendly. Ridiculous once again.

PES 2019 "Fake" CL:
PES 2018 CL:
FIFA 18 "Fake" CL:
It feels like everytime something is added, another thing goes (this year we got more leagues and more "fake" leagues, but we lost the 2 2nd divisions from Spain and Italy which fell under the FIFPro license, so we lost a lot of real players). It's not even ADDING stuff anymore, it's literally REPLACING stuff. That's how it feels like (probably also is).

Last year, for example, a new (beautifully recreated) celebration was added. The kiss celebration based on a Messi celebration in 2015 (walking to the adboard kissing towards the camera and the camera than showing the scoreboard). It was new, it looked neat and it was a good addition. So why isn't it in the game anymore? Stuff only being made for 1 year and removed the following edition? Doesn't make sense (there are even more celebrations and cutscenes that get removed, instead of keeping them and adding more to not make it repetitive...).

In PES 2015 and 2016, whenever you were in the formation screen or Master League/BAL menu, the bar that has your team name/logo used to showcase the primary and secondary colour of your team. So it looked a bit different for every team. Since PES 2017 it isn't in the game anymore. Why? Only they know.

https://imgur.com/a/OFkzMxE

I think that's it for now. It's hard to believe that with the UEFA licenses it was shown to us that the game CAN have a good looking UI, CAN have a realistic match presentation, but that with ALL other licenses (even exclusive ones) NOTHING is done to add to the immersiveness. Immersive stuff even gets removed, instead of being built upon. Like I said, seeing stuff like animated adboards which PES was the first in not being used at all is worrying. I know the gameplay comes first, but a nice UI can go along with it, especially the things I say here which are literally things that already were in the game once, but are being neglected or even removed in the new additions and not that hard to design/add. I am not even saying that the whole UI layout needs to be changed right now (which actually should happen soon), I am only asking for (background) images, fonts and small details to be added to make each league/mode feel unique and more pleasing to the eye than the default grey background for everything (things people/modders can do on PC easily).

---------------------------------------------------------
Some quick concepts I made (showing what I mean with specific league menus) and the old PES specific menus for UEFA competitions:

https://imgur.com/a/a4h3qlQ

--------------------------------------------------------------

It seems like PES 2020 will be the same.

Like I said, everything I mentioned here are about the presentation (which is one of the bad points in PES), with a lot of the points I name actually having been in PES but somehow removed.

All of them are frustrating, but I still don't understand why they had to make the CL/EL/Copa Libertadores look like a friendly after losing the license, instead of keeping the cutscenes/props the same and simply changing the music and textures to something else. Why remove all those stuff and make the fake CL just like it's a friendly game?

Last edited:
Working for Konami? Come on mate, he said he's an elitist, not a suicidal masochist.

Well you said "suicidal masochist" not mine :BLUSH:

Thanks! Thanks to your link, I've sent my application and Konami has accepted it - I'm now the new Community Manager...

Then prove it, don't just talk :COP:

Because it's that easy.

Cmon guys. Pack it up. Let's all pack up and move to Tokyo to work at Konami. Because it's up to us.

Well, if that's easy for you. You should be working for konami by now :SNACK:

Come on guys, what about respecting other people opinion ? Like i said in the end people always have a choice. Don't like the game then don't buy it, don't play it and stick with the version you like. I like the game, i will buy it and i will spend hours with it :PP It's a win-win, right ?

It's enough i think, other than this, it's going too far from topic :)

Well you said "suicidal masochist" not mine :BLUSH:

Then prove it, don't just talk :COP:

Well, if that's easy for you. You should be working for konami by now :SNACK:

Come on guys, what about respecting other people opinion ? Like i said in the end people always have a choice. Don't like the game then don't buy it, don't play it and stick with the version you like. I like the game, i will buy it and i will spend hours with it :PP It's a win-win, right ?

It's enough i think, other than this, it's going too far from topic :)

You are right when you say that we all have a choice, that we can simply not buy the game and play the ones we already like instead, however if we act like that's all there is to it, then we might as well not even have this forum, or any forum at all for that matter. I realize that this place can be quite negative a lot of time, but it's because even though we can just play the old games, we want to play a new one, one that is better in every way compared to the games we already enjoy, that's why it's important for us to do more than simply not buying it, we need to make clear why we're not buying it, what is it about it that we don't like, in hopes that our problems with the game (The A.I., Menus, Master League, etc.) are adressed in the future.

Some quick concepts I made (showing what I mean with specific league menus) and the old PES specific menus for UEFA competitions:

Some quick concept videos of how it could (should) look like ingame:

As you can see, just a quick photoshop mock-up of a menu with real intros, real music, real fonts, real overlays and backgrounds, etc. pasted in the video to make it look like it is in it. Simply just like what was done with the UCL/UEL/USC/AFC/CCL/EURO menus when they were licensed.

I "designed" this in just a few minutes via photoshop (not even putting great work in it) and it already makes the game look and feel better than that boring menu.

Some quick concept videos of how it could (should) look like ingame:

As you can see, just a quick photoshop mock-up of a menu with real intros, real music, real fonts, real overlays and backgrounds, etc. pasted in the video to make it look like it is in it. Simply just like what was done with the UCL/UEL/USC/AFC/CCL/EURO menus when they were licensed.

I "designed" this in just a few minutes via photoshop (not even putting great work in it) and it already makes the game look and feel better than that boring menu.
All video links seem broken to me :SS

this mobile game looks better
than efpes 2020 on PS4

at least the player movements above aren't so strange looking, the football basics are there, spacing looks better, ai defends and it's cheap!

notice the game above isn't using the FOX engine.
and for a cheap mobile game the ball physics are better than fifa's.

Last edited:
Would it be much to ask for players and teams names to have proper uppercase and lowercase?
You're telling me. On PC it's the first thing i usually change with a global editing tool (I don't know if it's still possible on modern PES on PC?)

Just seems no obnoxious and juvenile. FIFA does it too, Drives me frickin' nuts.

Marvelous post and you've put a tremendous amount of effort into articulating and providing countless examples too. I'm glad i'm not the only one who cares about the aesthetic and authenticity. It seems superficial to some as game play is very important, But so is presentation too, Especially when it is a big part of the experience from league to league, Competition to competition. It's part of what makes it a visual treat, Knowing there's a certain look and feel, A difference between the Premier League, The UCL & World Cup in terms of overlays, Stadium dressings & adboards.

It always bothered me that it seems like such an obvious thing gets omitted in this series. I'm glad you mentioned how even EA took care to make the Champions Cup feel like a prestigious event in career mode with it's very own assests and they did the same with the Womens International Cup too before the DLC.

There's nothing i can say that you haven;t already about league and match day presentation, But the what i will say is the evidence you provided on the menu's is pretty damning. I understand that as long as they're functional at the end of the day, It shouldn't matter but it is disappointing that they're literally the same 2016 ownwards not to mention regressing in terms of minor things like the team colours on both the formation screen and scoreboards.

I really am curious what must've happened in that art department over the last few years on FOX as while the players faces have evolved tremendously and are out of this world, The presentation has become even more amateurish and less professional looking elsewhere. How did we go from the sophisticated and very contemporary main menu of PES 2015:

To this in 2020:

I really wanted to believe that the latter is just a placeholder menu purely for functional purpose for the E3 demo's but i fear this may well be the final product. There's literally nothing slick about it at all, No heart & soul, No particular theme or direction and certainly not something credible of a skilled, paid professional artist. I've seen more mind blowing concept work by fans on twitter who made mock ups for free for fun - Surely Konami could hold a competition for a new menu design, Winner gets a credit, Free copy of the game, memorabilia, flown out to an event etc if they really don't wanna pay up (albeit unethical lol); And i bet you'd get hundreds of talented volunteers willing to do it.

Even this idea for the Edit mode menu seems so simple in execution, It's like the user says, The animations are already in the game, Why not make more use for them?

Your post is well crafted, constructive & diplomatic feedback and i wish there was a way the developers to see it and heed the advice given and the observations made but what makes me sad is if the menu's alone have been a pretty big critical point from fans of the series and even a common volley across Twitter - Yet they have seemingly ignored it, I doubt your post will bat a single eyelid up there either.

renderTimingPixel.png

Most of the points I am going to discuss about are not about actual gameplay, but more about the presentation of the game.

First of all, the licensed leagues.

• We now have tons of licensed leagues and even some exclusive licensed leagues. Why isn't any work put out in the presentation/realism of those leagues?
Let's start with the 2 leagues that have been in the game for years now; Ligue 1 and the Eredivise. When you start a league campaign, the game kicks off with the official tv intro, but the intro is only like 5 seconds (both are actually a slightly altered intro from last year if you pay attention, instead of this year's intro). Why not just put the full intro as we only see the intro once (at the start of the season) and as we can also skip the intro if we want? It makes it more immersive. It also does not make sense that some other leagues (like the Belgian one) do have a full intro...

Then once we are past the intro, the menu loads up. We get the same grey menu and overlays like in the main menu, why not make a league specific menu (with official images/overlay, music and fonts), like PES used to do with the UEFA and CONMEBOL licenses? I'm pretty sure that when you are able to put the official league intro, adboards and also official replay wipe/fade, you can also add the official league images/fonts/overlays, etc. Or like I said, at the very least change the colors or something, it's not like they can't because even the fake CL/EL in PES 2019 has different colors in the menus (fake CL = Blue, fake EL = Orange). Why can they do this for fake/unlicensed leagues but not for the licensed ones? The "exclusive" licensed leagues don't even have an intro or real adboards...

• The next point are the adboards.
PES 2014 was the first football game that featured dynamic/animated adboards. We are now 5 years further and still the only animated adboards are the default PES League/MyClub adboards. All the official licensed leagues and partner teams have adboards, but they are not animated or dynamic (most even static). FC Barcelona doesn't even have official adboards...

5 YEARS later and they still haven't found a way to implement animated adboards for licensed leagues and teams while modders on PC have multiple animated adboards for every single team and league (not to mention the UI, real overlays, etc.). I think it's ridiculous.

Playing the International Champions Cup (also no intro and UI/overlays) and the only thing you see is "International Champions Cup" x 1000 as the adboard, like we are still on the PS1. And that for every licensed league and team.

• The overlays now.
I don't know why they don't add overlays/pop ups of those licensed leagues. It could be that the license doesn't include this (which I think is weird as the replay wipes and intros are usually part of the broadcast package, so if you can use that you surely can also use the rest of the broadcast package), but I don't think that's case. But what is it then? Laziness? Refusing to do something? I can't figure it out.

I for one remember that with the CL license the overlays were used well. When you played the CL, all in game overlays used official CL popups, until PES 2014. After PES 2015, suddenly the player names bar, the set piece information bars (change set piece taker etc.) weren't like that anymore. But when you got to the match stats and individual player stats, the official CL overlays were still used for that. Since PES 2017, that also vanished.

PES 2014: https://imgur.com/a/gAstVqz

So, maybe it's really laziness? Are they doing this on purpose? What is it?

Anyway, even if it's the case that they can't use the official popups for the licensed leagues, why not give us multiple variations of their own overlays/popups, instead of just one? Why can't they keep the pop ups of PES 2018, 2017 and 2016 in the game? I mean, last year they made a good one (clearly inspired by the PL) and the following year they decide to make a new one so just throw the old one in the bin. Why not keep that one as well and assign it to the English League (for example)? Why can't they have more than 1 variation? In PES 2017 they kept the PES 2016 one in the game, why can't they keep everything in the game?

https://imgur.com/a/dnaEwnz

That brings us to the fake UEFA competitions.

Why oh why are ALL the UEFA assets removed? Why is there no pitch entry gate anymore? Why are there no other on the pitch assets anymore (like the starball, the team logos, the banners, etc.)? Is it that hard to keep them in the game and just change the textures to something else? I mean, EA had the "Champions Cup" but had multiple, realistic, assets to make it look like it was the CL. Now when you play the CL/EL it literally looks like you are just playing a friendly. Ridiculous once again.

PES 2019 "Fake" CL:
PES 2018 CL:
FIFA 18 "Fake" CL:
It feels like everytime something is added, another thing goes (this year we got more leagues and more "fake" leagues, but we lost the 2 2nd divisions from Spain and Italy which fell under the FIFPro license, so we lost a lot of real players). It's not even ADDING stuff anymore, it's literally REPLACING stuff. That's how it feels like (probably also is).

Last year, for example, a new (beautifully recreated) celebration was added. The kiss celebration based on a Messi celebration in 2015 (walking to the adboard kissing towards the camera and the camera than showing the scoreboard). It was new, it looked neat and it was a good addition. So why isn't it in the game anymore? Stuff only being made for 1 year and removed the following edition? Doesn't make sense (there are even more celebrations and cutscenes that get removed, instead of keeping them and adding more to not make it repetitive...).

In PES 2015 and 2016, whenever you were in the formation screen or Master League/BAL menu, the bar that has your team name/logo used to showcase the primary and secondary colour of your team. So it looked a bit different for every team. Since PES 2017 it isn't in the game anymore. Why? Only they know.

https://imgur.com/a/OFkzMxE

I think that's it for now. It's hard to believe that with the UEFA licenses it was shown to us that the game CAN have a good looking UI, CAN have a realistic match presentation, but that with ALL other licenses (even exclusive ones) NOTHING is done to add to the immersiveness. Immersive stuff even gets removed, instead of being built upon. Like I said, seeing stuff like animated adboards which PES was the first in not being used at all is worrying. I know the gameplay comes first, but a nice UI can go along with it, especially the things I say here which are literally things that already were in the game once, but are being neglected or even removed in the new additions and not that hard to design/add. I am not even saying that the whole UI layout needs to be changed right now (which actually should happen soon), I am only asking for (background) images, fonts and small details to be added to make each league/mode feel unique and more pleasing to the eye than the default grey background for everything (things people/modders can do on PC easily).

---------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------

It seems like PES 2020 will be the same.

Like I said, everything I mentioned here are about the presentation (which is one of the bad points in PES), with a lot of the points I name actually having been in PES but somehow removed.

All of them are frustrating, but I still don't understand why they had to make the CL/EL/Copa Libertadores look like a friendly after losing the license, instead of keeping the cutscenes/props the same and simply changing the music and textures to something else. Why remove all those stuff and make the fake CL just like it's a friendly game?
This post just makes me sad, watching how many good elements of the game were removed by Konami. I mean, do they even think?!

A thing regarding Master League that truly annoys me is not getting players back from loans after the first season. I always end up buying all the players who are out on loan in real life back just for the sake of realism. For example after my first season at Arsenal I bought back Nelson, Chambers, Bielik etc. because they're just registered on their squads as every other member. A special designation that marks players as loaned from: X is what is needed. This would be so easy to implement too. Really hope they have fixed this.

A thing regarding Master League that truly annoys me is not getting players back from loans after the first season. I always end up buying all the players who are out on loan in real life back just for the sake of realism. For example after my first season at Arsenal I bought back Nelson, Chambers, Bielik etc. because they're just registered on their squads as every other member. A special designation that marks players as loaned from: X is what is needed. This would be so easy to implement too. Really hope they have fixed this.

Totally agree, it's lazy that they haven't implemented it.

EA removed Ronaldo from their marketing following the rape accusations. This probably pissed Juventus off, since they were relying on marketing and exposure as a return from the Ronaldo investment.

I doubt it. Too much money at stake, unless more money could be made elsewhere. Bayern also switched partnership, I believe mainly because of eSports - against Hoeness' reservations even.

It’s a stupid name for a game, but it might turn out to be a smart move from Konami, because whether you like it or not, eSports will disrupt sports business as we know it - from media rights, to sponsorships, to merchandise, to monetization. Most of all how younger audiences will engage with sports and spend their money around it (with betting on eSports becoming a secondary market)

There is an interesting (if a bit lengthy) panel discussion here on it:

https://venturebeat.com/2018/12/16/drilling-deep-on-how-to-monetize-esports/

Is there someone here who have played PES 2020 and can say something about the AI in terms of its overpowerness? Played PES2019 like 10 matches offline today (ML and cupmode) lost all of them because of scripting/overpowered AI. PES 2019 really becomes unplayable and it really takes away the fun cuz you have no control in the result (clean sheets etc.)

Is there someone here who have played PES 2020 and can say something about the AI in terms of its overpowerness? Played PES2019 like 10 matches offline today (ML and cupmode) lost all of them because of scripting/overpowered AI. PES 2019 really becomes unplayable and it really takes away the fun cuz you have no control in the result (clean sheets etc.)

No way to judge it until the full release once we can get into the competitions. The ai is much more fair during exhibitions. Not to mention the team spirit effect in ML is an add on to all this.

I've been playing a lot of PES 2018 in the last few days, alongside a few sessions of PES 2012, PES 2015 and FIFA 19, they all felt pretty good, but idk, does anyone else feel that in the PES games 2018 onwards the pitch is a bit too big? Attacking in PES games following 2018 (Where the big pitch is something they promoted quite a bit) always feels like the pitch is much bigger than it should be, there's too much empty space that forces longer runs and longer passes just to fill in the empty space and it just looks kind of ugly in my opinion. I've just watched a few games on a stadium in the last few days and the pitch seemed so much more full, with players having a hard time finding space at all, idk if i'm just rambling nonsense, since i don't have any objective pitch size numbers and proportions in PES compared to real life, but those are just my impressions when playing.

Adam said something along the lines of making increasing the size of the pitch to compensate for the size of the player models at E3/Gamescom 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom