eFootball PES 2020 Demo Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Piemonte Calcio...lol. The Fifa kids will redface with anger. Is this the first time EA has to use fake team names? Perhaps that eFootball strategy works after all..
Nah. A lot of Serie B is also fake and they have to call Boca Juniors 'Buenos Aires' as well because of PES.

D_SHF9QXYAI8fSK

D_lr6oLWwAEI-Ni

Universidad de Chile was lowkey removed from the demo line-up and no explanation was provided lol.
LOLKonami

PES 2020 has Juventus exclusively - and now FIFA 20 has Piemonte Calcio
It ain't over till the Old Lady sings.
Is PES fighting back in the football licensing war? Konami has announced PES 2020 has Italian super club Juventus as an exclusive - but this isn't like the recent deal it signed for Manchester United. PES has a proper exclusive on the club, which means Juventus will not be in FIFA 20.
https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/...clusively-and-now-fifa-20-has-piemonte-calcio

Looks like we finally have "Müller" instead of "Muller"

Attachments

• pes2020.PNG
    pes2020.PNG
    2.7 MB · Views: 89
Aren't they exaggerating him a bit? Looks like wings are about to come out his back.

hm, thought here is a croc smiley somewhere, anyway...

:SHHH:

topic: the faces look weird, almost like people wit them eye issues, misalignment or something..

Just Reading the tweets reactions out of curiosity ...

ALL I can say is that its actually depressing seeing so many people thinking that having just a fucking logo/emblema is enough to make the New game better or worse than its predecessor

Dudu my old friend, times have changed. In 2019 licences matter much more than gameplay for many sadly these days.

This deal is big, this is EA cutting back after two very poor years overall in general with the Lootbox fiasco/star wars failure, countries looking to ban transactions and much bad publicity taking its tool on its share prices.

The power of this deal will be the amount of people who play offline when they boot up FIFA 20 will ask

"Hey? Where's Juventus?"

That alone will get so many people just looking at PES to find where Juventus went, and not looking at PES 'again' since its been a whole generation and more since PES was the masses choice, we have a whole generation of 17 year olds and under who have quite frankly never heard of PES at all and know nothing about its PS1 to PS2 legacy.

Dudu my old friend, times have changed. In 2019 licences matter much more than gameplay for many sadly these days.

This deal is big, this is EA cutting back after two very poor years overall in general with the Lootbox fiasco/star wars failure, countries looking to ban transactions and much bad publicity taking its tool on its share prices.

The power of this deal will be the amount of people who play offline when they boot up FIFA 20 will ask

"Hey? Where's Juventus?"

That alone will get so many people just looking at PES to find where Juventus went, and not looking at PES 'again' since its been a whole generation and more since PES was the masses choice, we have a whole generation of 17 year olds and under who have quite frankly never heard of PES at all and know nothing about its PS1 to PS2 legacy.

Yeah my friend Klash

I know we are living a different era with different priorities.

I know that market wise licenses are absolutetly important and Konami did a Very good move having not only a big club as an exclusive but a club with one of the biggest names in the game ever (C.Ronaldo), wich Will surely atract kids interest to Pes.

Last edited:
I remember people from here suggesting New ideas and improvements to Adam on his tweeter account. He and Asin usually took these tweets to a personal level saying How people are being rude and disrespectul and made It sounds like everything was Fine with the game and what they suggested is not in the list of communitys priorities.

Here's the whole problem with pés: reference.

What Konami take as a reference to what the game needs is the endless tweets requests for superficial things like faces, boots and etc, and whenever they want reference for gameplay feedback they take It from people like that guy who wear glasses (seems to be italian, i dont know) who change to PA3 as soon as he touchs the New game, guys who in fact have zero Idea what a clássic pés game with mordern technology should play like, people whoo who speak on a Very vague level who also want superficial changes in a game that hás zero change in its essence for years now.

Most of You are offline players and, for that reason, have much Focus on criticizing the CPU AI, and I honestly dont know How You guys did not realize yet How the AI PLAY STYLE is ENTIRELY built on the way the pro players play in those tournamments hence why the total lack of Variety because thats the REFERENCE KONAMI gets from how a challenging game should be since everyone of them ("pro" players) play the same, wich hás obviously nothing to do with realism and everything to do with winning, and these players do not change a single thing in their way they play because the game is essentially the same for years, só they dont need to. You can add more animations ALL You want It wont matter a single bit since as soon as You grab the Control, you can reach goals opponent effortlessly with Quick 1-2s forward passes.

Most of You are offline players and, for that reason, have much Focus on criticizing the CPU AI, and I honestly dont know How You guys did not realize yet How the AI PLAY STYLE is ENTIRELY built on the way the pro players play in those tournamments
Very interesting perception.
If thats the case, the reason most people in here did not realise it, is that no one here gives two fucks about them tournaments. No one watch this.

People in here are trying to compare Pes gameplay to a real football match. Thats where we are getting ideas and inspiration. On the actual sport that this game should represent.

IF what you are saying is true, if Konami is really designing AI on how Pro Players play, then God Help us.. and God help Konami..

Imagine if other games were designing their AI based on how people play them.. you would have First Person Shooters, where AI enemies are jumping around to avoid bullets.. I dont think this is how you should design the game and I, personally, dont think thats how Konami is designing Pes. It would be very silly thing to do..

So up till now Konami makes a big deal about their new partners, announced the return of D2s and some (probably most likely visual) changes in ML. It may sound pessimistic, but in my perception everytime Konami announces something new, they screw something else up.
Last year they made a big deal about their bunch of new leagues, but in the end these were half assed, they deleted D2s and lost the Champions League license. Some years before they lost the license for the Copa Libertadores.

There are absolutely no informations on their website about leagues till now. I hope I'm wrong but I am more afraid of what they don't say than optimistic about what they say.

Not if they take Celtic or Rangers as an example, of how Konami treatens their partner clubs... :THINK:

Saw a tweet from Adam Bhatti couple of weeks ago, they haven't lost a league license compared to PES 2019, so that's only good I guess

Very interesting perception.
If thats the case, the reason most people in here did not realise it, is that no one here gives two fucks about them tournaments. No one watch this.

People in here are trying to compare Pes gameplay to a real football match. Thats where we are getting ideas and inspiration. On the actual sport that this game should represent.

IF what you are saying is true, if Konami is really designing AI on how Pro Players play, then God Help us.. and God help Konami..

Imagine if other games were designing their AI based on how people play them.. you would have First Person Shooters, where AI enemies are jumping around to avoid bullets.. I dont think this is how you should design the game and I, personally, dont think thats how Konami is designing Pes. It would be very silly thing to do..

As Crazy as It sounds, I really believe thats the case, and It requires way less effort to mimic the way pro players play than simulating How each team plays in real life.

People play in a robotic way doing the same stuff over and over again Just like the Ai does noawdays, same passes Pattern in the same ping pong rythm with 1-2 and being as direct as possible

I don't know what game they are trying to replicate but it's clearly not football. That passing makes me want to gouge out my eyes with a rusty potato peeler. Ebayed a PC controller the other day, it's arrived so I'm going back to WE9LE. Nostalgia my ass, I swear that game with stock gameplay (slowed down slightly mind you to account for modern hardware) is still ten times better than anything they've served up since. Imagine actually *having* to go backwards to go forwards, a truly alien concept. Imagine winning the ball back simply because they tried to thread a pass through your tightly packed midfield and it just got blocked by a pack of bodies.

I don't know what game they are trying to replicate but it's clearly not football. That passing makes me want to gouge out my eyes with a rusty potato peeler. Ebayed a PC controller the other day, it's arrived so I'm going back to WE9LE. Nostalgia my ass, I swear that game with stock gameplay (slowed down slightly mind you to account for modern hardware) is still ten times better than anything they've served up since. Imagine actually *having* to go backwards to go forwards, a truly alien concept. Imagine winning the ball back simply because they tried to thread a pass through your tightly packed midfield and it just got blocked by a pack of bodies.
It's crazy how PS2 games are better at simulating football than games made in 2019. It's even crazier how people love the turbo fast and random gameplay of these modern games. Mind you I didn't grow up with the PS2 games and yet I love them.

i would be happy to pay for the Legendary edition ($80usd) if it included offline World Tour Challenge like in PES 2008, instead of agents and loans for MyClub which i could not care less about.

As of today, i just can't understand how they are not bothered to (re)implement something as simple as this mode.

For the ones of you who didn't play it, or the bunch of you who played it but wish to relive it, here it is a list of the missions in this mode:
https://www.neoseeker.com/we-pro-ev...754537-pro-evolution-soccer-2008-mission.html

Does it really matter?
It depends to who you ask this question.
For casuals around the world who may not even know about patches,a big Yes.
For PC and PS4 Pes players,No.
For Xbox Pes players,Yes.
For Fifa PC players,probably No.
For Fifa console players,Yes.
For butthurt Fifa fanboys from what i saw in these announcement tweets,surely Yes.:DD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom