eFootball PES 2020 Demo Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox)

Status
Not open for further replies.

This is exactly what is so ridiculous about licenses. Everybody knows who the players are supposed to be, who the team is supposed to be and so on but they can't call them by the real names. Why on earth don't the teams/leagues just offer a set price license to whoever wants to use it (I believe that's what MLB does) Surely they'd make more money as well?

I think so, too.
Because I thought that the Serie A licence covers all teams even if you have an exclusive deal with the club.
(like it is in France that's why EA can't make an exclusive deal with a club there, because Ligue 1 licence covers all clubs)
No,i think ea still have the seria a license,but they are going to add things for seria A in fifa 20 or 21,for LA liga they bought the license in 2016 for fifa 17,but they scanned all players and stadiums in fifa 19,2 years after the license (link https://www.fifauteam.com/fifa-17-liga-bbva-full-licensed/ )
about pes new teams
Man utd instead of liverpool(pes 19)
bayern=borrusia
juventus=inter/milan

Everybody knows who the players are supposed to be, who the team is supposed to be and so on but they can't call them by the real names.
They can. The statement EA have given says all players will have their real names, it's just the team will have a fake name, kits etc...

But still. Give us an editor so we can at least rename them. I'm not too bothered about generic kits and a generic stadium, but the name is daft.

Surely they'd make more money as well?
No they wouldn't, that's the whole point of exclusive licensing, the team gets a lot more money from the game company for exclusivity rights and the game company uses the exclusivity rights to sell more games.

No they wouldn't, that's the whole point of exclusive licensing, the team gets a lot more money from the game company for exclusivity rights and the game company uses the exclusivity rights to sell more games.

I'm sure if they dropped the price a bit they'd get them both to take the license. Plus, not their concern I grant you, but non exclusive licenses might actually allow someone else to enter the market with a football game.

May give some indication that is how much FUT actually matters so much more to EA than people can comprehend. FUT has nothing to do with teams, and everything to do with players - which this exclusive partnership literally does nothing to except affect how you search for the players I assume.

Bayern was a much bigger 'get' just to actually have them back in the game again. Does show again how relatively worthless the Champions League licence is when it doesn't guarantee the rights to all the teams competing in it.

I wonder how long it'll be before EA introduce editing, kit/badge imports etc...

I wonder how long it'll be before EA introduce editing, kit/badge imports etc...
I don't think they ever will again. They have MOST licenses and most people play FUT, so as always they'll just shrug when offline guys complain.

It's yet another year when I feel like selling the PlayStation and Xbox, and getting a decent PC, so that I don't have to worry about this shit.

https://www.konami.com/wepes/2020/eu/en/all/partner/juventus

Their page is an absolute joke. Most of the pictures promoting the announcement on there are just a bunch of screencaps from the video. This one is blurred at that :APPLAUD:
pes2020_juv_930.jpg

Next up, they claim that there are 'more than 17 players' 3D scanned, which is a peculiar statement in itself. Then they list exactly 17 who did get scanned.
upload_2019-7-16_15-28-18.png

Also Joao Cancelo's name is getting screamed out because why not. Never change Konami.

Other than that, any other interesting rumours left out there?

As gameplay becomes homogenised into zippy tiki-takafests, the licencing battle appears to me like Sky and BT wrestling over Premier League rights.

EA/Sky take the bulk of biggest names and Konami/BT the minority. This dilutes what each can offer, and they try to kid us on by suggesting more of Volta Football/Crystal Palace vs Watford or Maradona in Master League/Burnley vs Brighton makes up for it, representing good value.

All the while, us mugs lose by paying more for the same of what is actually wanted.

Then there's me, standing outside in the rain looking in, not caring about licences or English football.

All said, trying to be objective, the acquisition of Juve is a statement. That's FIFA's most recent cover star, their captain, and his stripey shirt taken away, gone, bought by their rivals. Konami's knocked out one of EA's front teeth and with Messi and Ronaldo on the front cover, PES now has a fair set of pearly whites.

As long as Konami take care of their molars, filling in their cavities and allowing them to do the real legwork in varied gameplay, PES could be perfectly digestible in the near future.

/analogy

Wasn't really sure if that could happen to be fair but was just typing lots of words and hoping for the best.

Cast all the politics aside and put Joe Lewis and Lewis Ferguson on the cover IMO.

So up till now Konami makes a big deal about their new partners, announced the return of D2s and some (probably most likely visual) changes in ML. It may sound pessimistic, but in my perception everytime Konami announces something new, they screw something else up.
Last year they made a big deal about their bunch of new leagues, but in the end these were half assed, they deleted D2s and lost the Champions League license. Some years before they lost the license for the Copa Libertadores.

There are absolutely no informations on their website about leagues till now. I hope I'm wrong but I am more afraid of what they don't say than optimistic about what they say.

In the long run, this will undoubtedly benefit PES. Because after this, next year many more teams would be interested (if the money is good enough)..

Not if they take Celtic or Rangers as an example, of how Konami treatens their partner clubs... :THINK:

According to Sky Italia journalist Gianluca Di Marzio the deal between Konami and Juventus is for three years.

So up till now Konami makes a big deal about their new partners, announced the return of D2s and some (probably most likely visual) changes in ML. It may sound pessimistic, but in my perception everytime Konami announces something new, they screw something else up.
Last year they made a big deal about their bunch of new leagues, but in the end these were half assed, they deleted D2s and lost the Champions League license. Some years before they lost the license for the Copa Libertadores.

There are absolutely no informations on their website about leagues till now. I hope I'm wrong but I am more afraid of what they don't say than optimistic about what they say.

Not if they take Celtic or Rangers as an example, of how Konami treatens their partner clubs... :THINK:

Yeah that was scandalous regarding Celtic and Rangers, and I DO NOT say that lightly.

It really is isn't it? I think people who are greatly dissatisfied with modern football games should go back and at least try them. If you absolutely won't budge on your stance that PS2 PES is too archaic to play, Then you should at least try PES '11 to '13, The latter being the most polished of the 3; Just to appreciate how much these accomplished on the pitch with "inferior" tech.

I agree, Although i want as many players with authentic faces in the game as possible, I'm really not that arsed about hyper realistic faces either. Yes the tech is great and all but until a couple of years ago, Konami were making these faces by hand and look jaw dropping.

Before the Fox engine they would look, Well like they were in a videogame. Which is fine, because it is a videogame. From the PS2 onwards the games may not have looked photo realistic but they games had a recognizable, stylistic charm. You still instantly recognized who the players were supposed to be and what venue you was playing at. All i cared about was that the art style was consistent.
I agree. I’ve edited my PES 2013 and every PL team has their own stadium now because I’ve been playing with the in game stadium editor all day!

I love PES 2013 so much I don’t even think I’ll bother with PES 2020 eFootball Monster Energy edition this year.

This. I'm so hoping I'm wrong but with Konami you always lose something when a new thing is gained.

But didn't someone post some sort of timeline a while back that have turned out to be pretty accurate? And that there would be some sort of UEFA- deal coming up?

Also; didn't Adam say no leagues would be lost this year? (Or was it only the dutch league he was talking about?)

Messi and Ronaldo on cover are going to appeal a lot of 7-14 year old kids and their parents money...

..but good luck kids navigating through unappealing/cluttered menu system that does awful work of explaining itself, and the load times that come with it. Myopia at its finest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom