eFootball PES 2020 News Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Pro Evolution Soccer' started by ThomasGOAL, 7 June 2019.

1. Cro_Cop

Cro_Cop Non-League

4 October 2018
    It's a new video. You can definitely see the shooting errors so that's good. I just wonder why they didn't play with Bayern a as a "Home " team so we can see their fans behind the goal, decoration etc..isn't it enough with the constant legends gameplay, now we have to see them in the crowd aswell :D

2. majuh

majuh Champions League

11 December 2010
    It's funny that they animated the cars on the Autobahn next to the stadium.

its999maggle and Lami like this.
  3. Loopy

Loopy ForcaBarca

14 November 2018
    FC Barcelona
    If that's a custom created coach, and it probably is because I don't recognize him as a former pro coach, he looks miles better than last year with the cartoony customization. Maybe this is what PES meant when they said that there is greater manager customization and that they can capture more realistic body types.

4. tommyk1985

tommyk1985 Non-League

19 November 2014
    England
    Nottingham Forest
    Crikey, the crowd noise is BAD. Completely missing after the Lewandowski goal.

5. Remember they went back on their words. They edited the official website and removed that bit about customizing managers.

6. Chris Davies

Chris Davies Chief PESsimist Staff

14 May 2003
    Tranmere Rovers
    The facial customisation for managers is the same as players, and I can't see them upgrading the generic face system for managers but not for players/officials/etc... Could be a "player liaison officer" or something. But, could be wrong.

7. Loopy

Loopy ForcaBarca

14 November 2018
    FC Barcelona
    Maybe

8. amartingil

amartingil League 2

20 September 2016
    Is this the video that shows the incredible poor animations? Maybe it's poor if you compare it with real human motion...

About the pass accuracy: The new pass error system only takes care about the body angle.
    This is the main reason why you can chain so many first touch pass.
    The ball trajectory/speed/spin/bounces of the previous pass is overrided if you're facing correctly. The accuracy system hasn't any sensibility to ball physics.
    It's something that must be developed on the future.

9. Chris Davies

14 May 2003
    Tranmere Rovers
    This. This x1,000,000,000.

This is why the game looks and feels wrong to be able to effortlessly string perfectly straight, arrow-like passes together no matter the ball's trajectory or spin when it's kicked by the player.

It is incredibly basic, to the point where I worry about the new miskicks system. When you see the popup appear (in this video), the way it describes it is that, for example, volleys are prone to miskicks - but if the trajectory and spin of the cross isn't taken into account, how is a miskick calculated? I'm willing to bet it's applied randomly.

10. TheGoodOldDays

TheGoodOldDays League 2

19 November 2016
    It makes it impossible for me to watch, if that's PA1 then it's unforgiveable. Every pass is perfectly flat and hard no matter whether its first time, volleyed, pressured, 180 degree etc. How was it possible to have realistic passing in a PS2 game 13 years ago but it's not now? In the WE9LE vid I posted it was a first time lay off that popped up and so Ashley Cole's subsequent first time pass took that into account and resulted in a slow/bobbly outcome, it shouldn't be that hard to replicate with modern tech. People act like because of 360 degree movement we are dealing with quantum mechanics in the modern era, it's still a three dimensional game where every player has an XYZ coordinate, there is no excuse for stuff like crap physics and poor AI, it's just a lack of attention to detail and/or knowledge/skill.

11. 103SpooKy

103SpooKy Die hard Arjen Robben fan

27 July 2006
    The Netherlands
    There was lots of confusion about this by the way they worded it so they changed it on the site
    But how I got this was that they scanned tons of human models / faces for you to choose from as a Manager (Like that bald dude in the video)

Lets say like how you choose your F1 2019 driver from a lot of preset faces.
    Next to that you can also choose the 8 legends models they will include like Cruyff / Maradona etc

Probably completely removing the generic face maker

NIK778899 and gabe.paul.logan like this.
  12. Chris Davies

14 May 2003
    Tranmere Rovers
    That sounds plausible, but I think it'd look strange when you place those preset, more realistic-looking manager faces next to the generic player faces that look absolutely dreadful and cartoon-esque.

Have we seen any generic players in the videos yet? Just wondering if they've been upgraded at all. Surely there'll be some in the old Palmeiras v Flamengo videos, for example. We'd have noticed if they'd changed, right?

103SpooKy likes this.
  13. pacpes

pacpes PES ♥

5 August 2015
    Romania
    Chelsea FC

14. majuh

majuh Champions League

11 December 2010
    They are the away team in this video, although it still seems to be too quiet somehow.

15. real022

real022 Conference

22 October 2016
    And the most important thing regarding all detailed disscussion about gameplay...

It will be drasticly changed after the demo and then it will be changed almost every week after release.

I dont think that tweaking gameplay every week is ok.

Make a good testing, hear what players say during the demo, and let us have some consistent gameplay during the season.

Please stop buffing and nerfing and shit all over the place. If you have made trough pass a bit unusefull, let it stay that way for example. Not because it is better this or that way, but because I would like to feel l play a finished product and not some beta crap the whole year. The voices about all that stuff Konami has tweaked during the season are very diverse, and nobody is fully satisfied at the end.

tommyk1985, Lami and PRO_TOO like this.
  16. el niche

el niche League 2

23 September 2013
    Miami, FL
    Atl. Huila
    I have managed my expectations so I know exactly what to expect from PES2020, so I am one of the few who look forward to see whats coming in the full release. I can sh*t all over '19 but I played more than the last 4 PES and enjoyed it (thank you to the PC modding community). I really, really hope that '20 can improve AI positioning,more midfield battles, less end to end.
    I wouldnt expect PES'21 to be a drastic change from this. I can only hope for AI improvements.

incas36, tommyk1985, creimer and 2 others like this.
  17. PESMaster01

PESMaster01 Premiership

14 December 2018
    India
    FC Barcelona

The very last play of the game seems like such a decisive moment, and he fluffs it. I like some parts of this gameplay.

18. koningfrikandel

koningfrikandel Championship

5 May 2017
    hmmm I'm still seeing nothing worthy of praise yet. a random thought I just had....it still baffles me that the gameplay clips and the demo don't have any commentary. WHY is that?! Not that its terribly important. I just can't think of a sensible reason for it..maddening.

19. Cro_Cop

Cro_Cop Non-League

4 October 2018

Watch this new video, 2nd time we see a penalty made by the AI..and a beautiful goal by Lewandowski. AI plays definitely more varied it seems..seems more natural.

20. Pete.Mosh

Pete.Mosh Non-League

29 March 2011
    Germany
    Borussia Dortmund

I Like the many new Animations.

Datiss77 likes this.
  21. Chris Davies

14 May 2003
    Tranmere Rovers
    You really think so? I just see the AI bypassing the midfield over and over again!

The human player is working hard to create chances (because they're on manual) and then the AI gets possession back, gets it to a defender with a clear path to a striker, and then just pumps it forward ASAP with no need to try any build-up play. Like this after the 3-minute mark:

There's even a damn backheel at the end of that sequence. The AI looks identical to me so far.

loco, M2015, its999maggle and 3 others like this.
  22. Lons

Lons AMIGA 1200 HARDCORE FAN!

I like counter attack at 4:20. Looks nice.

23. Matt10

Matt10 Champions League

5 February 2004
    Long stride, small stride, abrupt stop. Repeat.

The animations in these videos are so poor. It's absolute chaos and the defensive errors are unforced. 90% of errors seem due to the user not being able to micromanage animations that cause players to vacate spots due to drastic body momentum changes.

incas36, M2015, Joonloop and 9 others like this.
  24. Emroth

Emroth Premiership

18 August 2018
    Ireland
    Still - nice to finally see match on PA0. They always seems nicer to watch for me.
    Correct me if im wrong, but its a 10mins match, 5mins halfs, right?
    If that option will be in the demo, we will get more insight than last year.

25. gabe.paul.logan

gabe.paul.logan Golden Boot Winner

7 January 2007
    Budapest
    Hungary
    Ai dribbling?

[​IMG]

incas36, M2015, tommyk1985 and 10 others like this.
  26. NIK778899

NIK778899 Premiership

30 August 2013
    That fucking run up :WHISTLE:
    Penalties look like shit in PES. Good job we don't get many.

M2015, Lewpop and peterc10 like this.
  27. Sovereign Hope

Sovereign Hope League 2

8 August 2017
    Midfield is non-existent. AI passing super fast and accurate. Players skating all over the place

kernowdoc, M2015 and Lami like this.
  28. Cro_Cop

Cro_Cop Non-League

4 October 2018
    This video is on regular difficulty btw..wasn't full focused watching eat earlier on, but ofc it's not perfect, still seems better than pes 19 when it comes to the attack pattern..AI dribbling, doing skills from time to time, not so much first touch passing as before..there are more videos out now, will check them out ,but there are positive things, here everything seems bad, even things which are pretty decent people still complain and nitpick every little detail..I mean it's not completely true that everything is shit, I know people want the best but in the end, which sports game nail every aspect today..

29. Alx1234

Alx1234 Championship

26 July 2018
    A decent number of teams and a 10min demo on multi formats (with PC guys doing some magic too)? That'd be me taken care of for the next year. Fingers crossed.

Having spurs in the selection would be a dream but its not going to happen.

Lpool are my nemesis team (spurs w default tactics; regular/pro) - so to have them in the selection would be good enough.

"Can I beat Lpool today" has become MyGame

tosser and Emroth like this.