eFootball PES 2020 News Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Pro Evolution Soccer' started by ThomasGOAL, 7 June 2019.

1. Lons

Lons AMIGA 1200 HARDCORE FAN!

Don't worry. Its 30% of code.

goalgerd likes this.
  2. DuduBR9

DuduBR9 Champions League

25 July 2010
    You dont underdtand ?

Its actually quite easy to understabd why Pes 5 were better than todays game (technology aside) and this hás nothing to do with nostalgia.

Ricky_Kaka, Jimi_Zuko, Lami and 3 others like this.
  3. PESMaster01

PESMaster01 Premiership

14 December 2018
    India
    FC Barcelona
    True. Won't say anything about the gameplay until I try it myself.
    About the turf, KONAMI actually talked about better turfs this year, don't know when that went down the drain like the dynamic lighting and weather.

Emroth likes this.
  4. TheGoodOldDays

TheGoodOldDays League 2

19 November 2016
    Lots of people can't understand or see the value in older things. It takes a certain mindset to be able to see the strengths of something that is visually outdated. You have it in World of Warcraft, where there is a lot of animosity towards the "Classic" community from the main player base because they feel it's somehow undermining their experience and choices. After probably a decade of people begging for Classic servers Blizzard/Activision finally agreed and it's releasing this summer. Similar thing happened with Runescape where they released a classic version and it ended up overtaking the main game. I'm pretty sure the same thing would happen in PES if they release a classic/remastered version of PES5 with full online support, online master league etc. Always people are just calling it nostalgia and rose-tinted glasses beforehand but the reality keeps proving them wrong, sometimes older games are just fundamentally better in how they engross the player.

Joonloop, PESV, talucchesi and 4 others like this.
  5. Turfs use exactly the same file (the same pitch specular mask).
    Only difference you might see are coming from the specific lighting config each stadium has. That's why some pitches might look brighter or darker, more or less green.

A big letdown for me this year. We should be at a point where turfs should look as realistic as faces do, since it's what you're looking at 90% of the time.

baguettos and Emroth like this.
  6. Matt10

Matt10 Champions League

5 February 2004
    The lighting again...so dark, saturation.

In comparison:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Can't they just hire the likes of @Chuny to get this right?

A830S, tobi, PRO_TOO and 5 others like this.
  7. @Matt10 Thank you bud.
    Well, I did offer myself completely for free.
    They do not seem interested.

A830S, final lap, PESMaster01 and 2 others like this.
  8. NIK778899

NIK778899 Premiership

30 August 2013
    Ahh I see.
    To be honest I thought the same when I furst saw the Messi pictures in the original promo shots. Definitely looks worse.

9. NIK778899

NIK778899 Premiership

30 August 2013
    Mad to think that that's an actual rule.

10. Emroth

Emroth Premiership

18 August 2018
    Ireland
    Apologies for Off Topic. Id love to hear more about this. WoW had me hooked for nearly two years at the beginning. I thought it was an amazing game. Used to love wonder around Tedrassil, Ashenvale and low lvl areas with no reason or purpose.. every expansion took a bit of its soul away.. cataclysm finished it off for me.

slamsoze likes this.
  11. rockstrongo

rockstrongo International

25 August 2006
    Sweden
    Hammarby
    I don't really care if Allianz Arena is a exclusive to Pes or not, whether it's in fifa or not,what I care about is it well done?
    I'm pretty sure it is,can't beat those konami stadium makers,I was really disappointed with the competitions stadiums,some aren't even created correct .
    Fingers crossed Juve is in to

egkboss and slamsoze like this.
  12. mattmid

mattmid Champions League

15 December 2011
    Seriously, this world is f*cking mental. Licenses are the bane of computer sports gaming. For god's sake these clubs are being freely promoted globally, getting brand awareness out for free, their sponsors are getting free advertising around the entire world along with advertising boards. But no, you can't use our names, image, stadiums without getting a license and in an even more ridiculous move we will only sign up with one game exclusively rather than set a fee for anyone to use it.

Maybe we the consumer should start charging money for displaying advertising on our machines. While we're at it we can start charging clubs for wearing their advertising billboards they call shirts instead of paying them for the privilege.

13. TheGoodOldDays

TheGoodOldDays League 2

19 November 2016
    Don't want to piss off the mods, there's loads of sites about it. I also played for a while but don't have time for that shit any more, but the parallels with PES I find quite interesting. Like it drifted so far from what made the original great that some people think it's effectively impossible to get back to the same level of enjoyment, no matter what the devs do, hence why they just gave up and campaigned for the original. (For years people said it was just nostalgia and would never happen). Sadly I think with PES it's just such a different fanbase, and Konami are so useless that it literally could never happen, but I guess I can dream. :((

Emroth likes this.
  14. Mikhail

Mikhail Championship

10 August 2018
    Why the hell are Bayern’s kits luminous red?! For years now PES has fucked up every single red kit. Bayern’s kit isn’t that bright!

15. Dennis_87

Dennis_87 Championship

27 September 2017
    One thing Pes does really good is having also the correct neck shapes,width and length.Not only the faces.
    Fifa doesn't put attention in such detail and they look the same.
    Look how realistic Sule's bulked up neck looks in comparison to someone else.
    It adds great variety.

Chris Davies and baguettos like this.
  16. Dennis_87

Dennis_87 Championship

27 September 2017
    Look closer.
    Also you can't feel things like fluidity,weight,inertia,etc unless you sit in front of your tv with a controller in your hands and playing the game yourself.

aussiepesfan likes this.
  17. Bond!JamesBond!

Bond!JamesBond! PS2 PES Greatness

19 October 2013
    North America
    Chelsea FC
    PS5 will, i bet.

Chris Davies likes this.
  18. superhans

superhans Non-League

7 August 2017
    So much space in that first picture, when is a midfield ever that wide open

Chris Davies and kernowdoc like this.
  19. VuZet

VuZet Pro Evo 6!

5 June 2005
    Huddersfield
    Sure. It's a render or a new engine. Look at shirts as well - great quality + 1000000x better model than currently used on PES. It looks fantastic, but I don't know why KONAMI showing it if it's not taken from the game. Same like stadiums with dynamic light (ha ha ha..) - it's rendered, not actual footage from the game. Liars.

Madmac79 likes this.
  20. Bond!JamesBond!

Bond!JamesBond! PS2 PES Greatness

19 October 2013
    North America
    Chelsea FC
    and the camera angle is better too

21. baguettos

baguettos Championship

19 November 2016
    Yes but those faces will look different once in the game and ambient light gets to them. And famous Konami animations kick in :LMAO:

Bond!JamesBond! likes this.
  22. egkboss

egkboss Non-League

20 July 2017
    Adelaide
    Arsenal / Adelaide United
    I reckon Robben and Ribery will still be in the game mate. They release PES with old squads which get updated in a day one patch/update. They should still be in the game under free agents (along with hundreds of other players). I don't mind how Konami do this tbh. Lots of players that end up as Free Agents in the game have ended up in the Bundesliga in real life, so it helps the Bundesliga option file makers. Plus we get heaps more players in Master League also.

Sobakus and Robbery like this.
  23. Lami

Lami Niche Football

28 May 2007
    Sydney
    Man Utd, Vecchia Signora
    When you've seen it numerous times for many years, you know what to expect.

24. Loopy

Loopy ForcaBarca

14 November 2018
    FC Barcelona
    No doubt about it anymore. Allianz Arena is indeed exclusive to PES!!!

25. Yup. My theory is that they are using the new engine (which I think will come with PES 2021) for these images, because the lighting is spot on, the LOD is extremely good and textures are so sharp.

I'm more and more convinced that PES 2021 will come with a new engine by the minute.
    Lucky me, @Lons will get me my PC copy via Steam :D

its999maggle likes this.
  26. NIK778899

NIK778899 Premiership

30 August 2013
    Same. It's one of those things they do that inadvertedly quite helpful.

mattmid likes this.
  27. PESBUL

PESBUL Championship

11 June 2016
    In Edit mode the faces always look good in PES, but in the game, with bad lights, shadows, and facial animation they looks like zombies.

slamsoze likes this.
  28. Elanimator

Elanimator League 1

5 November 2017
    I don't think it's a new engine. I think the images are just rendered on their 3D face/body/stadium scanning program with a very hires textures and amazing lighting.
    It's possible that the current engine is capable of that quality in-game but the lighting and very hires textures might make the PS4 or some PCs crawl and need a lot more storage space.

Why are they showing these then, if they are not gonna use those in-game?
    I think to let us know how capable and accurate their 3D scanning is.
    It's also possible that they're trying to deceive the public, but I'm in a good mood so I'm not going that far.:D

Last edited: 12 July 2019
    slamsoze likes this.
  29. Elanimator

Elanimator League 1

5 November 2017
    I agree.. and the "feel" of how it plays can't possibly be too far from how it looks.
    We might be able to appreciate the subtle improvements more, once we played it. But the obvious issues from the videos like Players/AI reacting in weird ways, can't possibly feel good while you're playing it.

Last edited: 12 July 2019
    Lami, kernowdoc and Emroth like this.
  30. fregen

fregen Peking

31 January 2006
    Sweden
    IFK Norrköping
    Ok, so here it is. I'm old. PES esports- evolution- winning perfect eleven 2020 or whatever the hell it's called will be a 6,3/10- game and I guess that is fine. Peace out.

tommyk1985, Ameobinho and Elanimator like this.