eFootball PES 2020 Demo Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol Fifa kids going mental in that Bayern tweet comments.
''Who plays Pes?'' :LMAO:
Just shows how much important are things like licenses and authenticity in faces etc.
Only working on gameplay won't get you far nowadays.
If Fifa hadn't exclusivity for Premier League mostly,Bundesliga and La Liga,and both games could have the same amount of licenses,things would be very different and Fifa kids would be even more butthurt.:DD

No, EA has the Bundesliga licence, so it also covers Bayern München for them.
It doesn't cover Bayern, they will have them licensed but they cannot have 3D scans of players and the stadium will not be in the game at all. Same situation as Barca, they player faces and stadium are exclusive to PES.

It doesn't cover Bayern, they will have them licensed but they cannot have 3D scans of players and the stadium will not be in the game at all. Same situation as Barca, they player faces and stadium are exclusive to PES.
To be fair they'll already have the best faces FIFA can make for them because they have been partners for 3 years. They don't have to remove the ones they already have.

Blaming the consumer? Seriously?

I read it more like blaming an exaggerated fit of nostalgia which, at a closer look, doesn‘t really hold water.

ISSPE1 on the PS1 was my first PES experience and that felt really amazing (despite the tin-can-kicking sound whenever you hit the ball) but I remember that from the next version on, year in year out, I was shouting at the screen for the same reasons that still drive me mad today: catch-up logic, AI/scoreline scripting, outrageous ref decisions, on-rails feeling, silly team player runs (actually, as you all know, that function wasn‘t even available yet), the feeling of a puppet master orchestrating things in the background, über-precision, player switching issues, nerfing and exploits (like the increased likelihood of scoring/conceding during injury time of either half).

I frankly never understood the praise PES 5 or 6 got and still get, because like every other PES before and after, they had the exact same shit that we have since the dawn of the franchise. And they were fast as hell on top of it. And the visuals sucked. And the interface sucked. Their only merit was that compared to the mess the other game was it really felt like a super-duper advanced thing. And, of course, it was cool to position oneself as a true connoisseur: „Fifa is for boys, PES is for real men“ and all this idiocy.

It‘s only an opinion, of course. Perhaps I should replay it and cherish the true golden times of football gaming, gone forever, never to return. Sniff.

To be fair they'll already have the best faces FIFA can make for them because they have been partners for 3 years. They don't have to remove the ones they already have.
Don't understand what you mean, why would they use Fifa's scans..totally different game and engine, they haven't rights to do it and PES faces are much better than Fifas.

Don't understand what you mean, why would they use Fifa's scans..totally different game and engine, they haven't rights to do it and PES faces are much better than Fifas.
You said FIFA can't use 3D face scans. I said that FIFA have been partners with Bayern for years and will already have the best faces they can make for Bayern players in FIFA and just because PES have signed his deal doesn't mean FIFA have to remove the faces they already have for the Bayern players for FIFA 20.

I read it more like blaming an exaggerated fit of nostalgia which, at a closer look, doesn‘t really hold water.

ISSPE1 on the PS1 was my first PES experience and that felt really amazing (despite the tin-can-kicking sound whenever you hit the ball) but I remember that from the next version on, year in year out, I was shouting at the screen for the same reasons that still drive me mad today: catch-up logic, AI/scoreline scripting, outrageous ref decisions, on-rails feeling, silly team player runs (actually, as you all know, that function wasn‘t even available yet), the feeling of a puppet master orchestrating things in the background, über-precision, player switching issues, nerfing and exploits (like the increased likelihood of scoring/conceding during injury time of either half).

I frankly never understood the praise PES 5 or 6 got and still get, because like every other PES before and after, they had the exact same shit that we have since the dawn of the franchise. And they were fast as hell on top of it. And the visuals sucked. And the interface sucked. Their only merit was that compared to the mess the other game was it really felt like a super-duper advanced thing. And, of course, it was cool to position oneself as a true connoisseur: „Fifa is for boys, PES is for real men“ and all this idiocy.

It‘s only an opinion, of course. Perhaps I should replay it and cherish the true golden times of football gaming, gone forever, never to return. Sniff.

I recall that if anyone complained about the cpu cheating in the days of PES1-6, they were shouted down with either "you need to practise more" or "go play FIFA". Now it's pretty much accepted by all but blind fanboys that PES is full of cpu cheating - but it always was.....and probably will be for a very long time to come.

I think the main reason PES survives today is simply because it is football and football is such a massively popular sport across the world. And its competition is one other (not particularly good) game. If Konami delivered such a pathetic, unevolving, underwhelming package in a competitive genre such as racing games, it would have been dead and buried more than 10 years ago.

You said FIFA can't use 3D face scans. I said that FIFA have been partners with Bayern for years and will already have the best faces they can make for Bayern players in FIFA and just because PES have signed his deal doesn't mean FIFA have to remove the faces they already have for the Bayern players for FIFA 20.
Actually if depends, if it's exclusive to Pes they can't have the faces anymore, just like Liverpool faces will be converted to pre-scan faces, I'm almost sure. That's what happened to B.Dortmund last year, PES didn't keep the faces for certain players like reus etc.

Actually if depends, if it's exclusive to Pes they can't have the faces anymore, just like Liverpool faces will be converted to pre-scan faces, I'm almost sure. That's what happened to B.Dortmund last year, PES didn't keep the faces for certain players like reus etc.
Not sure I buy that if I'm honest.

I recall that if anyone complained about the cpu cheating in the days of PES1-6, they were shouted down with either "you need to practise more" or "go play FIFA".

Oh, yes. Every reaction to even the slightest complaint was along those lines. Pes-Fan used to be full of entitled hardcore PES gatekeepers that would not have anything on their „precious“. Awful times, really

The other thing was about how amazingly free the gameplay supposedly was: „you can do whatever you want, play the ball wherever you want and everything is calculated in real time, the way the ball deflects off that angled foot! Amaaaaazing!“. Never saw this, but perhaps I should have practiced more, lol.

Alright, keeping the polemics and off-topic down now. Sorry. Really looking forward to play with F fucking CB, fully fucking licensed!

They did keep his face. Just not the tattoos.

D_Nb8w4XkAAc6gA

D_Nb8xYXsAA9Y__

D_Nb8xCXYAcFJWx

D_NWb2oXoAERwTI

D_NWb3JWsAANTP0

D_NWb3xWkAAKoUl

D_NWhHDXYAAb7lL

D_NWRG9WsAA22Ac

D_NWRHeXUAA9w4I

D_NWRH3WwAEuxOe

I suppose these don't matter, as we're never going to get that quality ingame.

Everything I saw in these videos so far, is same as Pes 2019.
Absolutely the same.

0% of improvements.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom