eFootball PES 2020 Demo Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone on twitter who played the game at these press events or whatever says the AI are actually really good in attack now. Shot variation, varied attacks etc

Yikes. That TTB video is pretty damning actually seeing as PesUniverse is in Konami's inner circle now so to speak. the things he mentions cannot be fixed for next years' game , let alone PES 2020. It's just a vast difference in pilosophy really. Looks like another write-off to me. Really offputting that it looks SO similar to PES19. Apart from the replay wipe and the scoreboards I honestly can't tell the difference.

Also, that replay wipe is really disconcerting to me...it really hits home now. eFootball indeed. And did I hear @rickyricc right when he said that the AI has actually gotten *worse* ?
Oh my. My expectations are at absolute zero at the moment.

I think the reason they're like this is because it's so easy to create chances (bypassing the midfield) that if the superhuman saves and amazing slow-mo leaps weren't there, every game would be about 5-5. This is how they fix the balance (instead of fixing the build-up difficulty, because that would make the game too boring for the guys who spend myClub money). In my opinion.

(In 2019, the AI occasionally score every shot on target against me, but it certainly doesn't work the other way around!)

Partly that and partly that goalkeepers were one of the main complaints for multiple years and so Konami said "okay if they want good goalkeepers, we'll damn well give them good goalkeepers", so what you have a situation where realism has gone out of the window.

I also notice when watching the TTB vid that the shooting is still big time on rails, there was a practically open goal for Batistuta and instead of shooting down the middle it goes flying towards the far post and likely would have missed, probably because the left stick was pointing 1 degree in that direction, really shouldn't still be the case in 2019. (And yeh realistically this kind of stuff is never going to change until they move to a new engine, but even then I'm doubtful).

I am one of the most critical of Pes and it's okay to complain about things that are not good in these videos, i have done the same, but i think we are in a negativity circle right now.

As things are, reading the same complaints over and over tells me it's time to take a break from the forum. Too much negativity is tiring. Will come back in time for demo to express my opinion about it and read your opinions.

Have fun.

As rant day isn’t over for me yet ;) , have the likes of TTB, SEP or spoony p. ever mentioned the word “manual” in their videos?! i mean focused on that?!
I know @Matt10 refers to it from time to time.
But really?!
I think they are some kinda spokesman.
We need (might be good to have) a manual fanatic to do yt videos too!! :) and i don’t mean Neuer!! ;)

Edit: in the latest video TTB talks about manual. Glad that is.

Last edited:
I am one of the most critical of Pes and it's okay to complain about things that are not good in these videos, i have done the same, but i think we are in a negativity circle right now.

As things are, reading the same complaints over and over tells me it's time to take a break from the forum. Too much negativity is tiring. Will come back in time for demo to express my opinion about it and read your opinions.

Have fun.
You didn't know that? evo web its madhouse... come back for 7 days and everybody will love this game.

So, no news today about partnership clubs. I guess we can expect it later this week, maybe even tomorrow..

As rant day isn’t over for me yet ;) , have the likes of TTB, SEP or spoony p. ever mentioned the word “manual” in their videos?! i mean focused on that?!
I know @Matt10 refers to it from time to time.
But really?!
I think they are some kinda spokesman.
We need (might be good to have) a manual fanatic to do yt videos too!! :) and i don’t mean Neuer!! ;)

Excuse my ignorance on this as barring demos I've only bought one of the recent PES's and not played that much of it. And just to say I am in no way knocking the way you enjoy to play and indeed it's also the different passing assist levels I'm questioning. Isn't this whole thing of different passing assists part of the whole problem of modern PES. Surely this is exactly where player stats that matter should be coming in to play.

You 'play' the game, you decide where you're going to pass and to who, will you run with the ball, play a one-two and so on. BUT the ability of the player you are controlling at that moment should surely be the key factor in how well that attempt to do something comes off. To put it simply and this is why so many still love the old PES's. You decide what to do with the ball, the player's ability decides how well that's going to happen. So surely various levels of pass assist is bypassing the impact of the player's stats.

So with manual passing is it completely ignoring the stats or is it completely taking the stats into account? - and again I haven't played manual so I apologise if I'm missing something. If you were controlling Iniesta or Tony Adams and tried a through ball, is how well they pick out that key pass going to be entirely down to your ability or theirs?

Er. :ANX:

So it's just, create concept kits, exclusively for clubs that are already licensed, which nobody will actually use - because the kits are already licensed?

Jesus Christ.
Kit campaign sounds like more myclub crap. Maybe limited edition kits released every x weeks available to be used for your myclub teams. Anyway, definitely nothing that will improve the game in the way we want it to be improved.

Have fun.

The point is, has any sense repeat that the end it's near every day?

If I lost hope with this game I would try to forget it. When I couldn't play PES 2019, I gone back to PES 6 and was the best decision I could take.

Last edited:
So, we've been demanding for a better Master League and new innovative Game Modes for 5 years, and all they could come up with are a few new cut scenes (candidates to be skipped after the second season) and this Project 11 thing that's an appendix of MyClub?.

I hope this per konami stop to play with their "show and hide". First thing we have to see Is: how long Is the demo's match? And now, is possibile to see videos matches between star players and low levels squads? Or between two low levels squads? Why, when someone makes a video, never says If manual or PA1/2/3, If shoot is manual or auto, what Is the level? We could have more elements to judge.

PES 2020 is going to only appeal to the myClub kids that want to use those stupid legend players and score soulless scripted goals.

Let’s all pray that Fifa 20 is good.

The way that the defender doesn't win the ball and so just carries on running at full-speed (away from the attacking threat he's clearly aware of) is exactly what I mean when I talk about how stiff and on-rails the game feels.

Someone on Twitter mentions "teleporting" in that GIF too but weirdly, I can't spot that!
God that looks so shit lol. Absolute amateur hour that they retweeted it. Facepalm.

The way that the defender doesn't win the ball and so just carries on running at full-speed (away from the attacking threat he's clearly aware of) is exactly what I mean when I talk about how stiff and on-rails the game feels.

Someone on Twitter mentions "teleporting" in that GIF too but weirdly, I can't spot that!

Defender looks like he's desperate for the loo and the attacker's just in his way.

The caption says "Still got it" when it should really have said "We fixed this".

God that looks so shit lol. Absolute amateur hour that they retweeted it. Facepalm.

Looks shit defender AI - wise. But visually, the way the animations and ball physics look.. it looks pretty damn impressive to me. Things are definitely look more realistic in terms of animations, ball movement and overall flow.
Like some of the previous posts have recently mentioned, if Konami could only purely work on AI for while, or make AI the key focus, we'd all be so happy. Im really hoping the constant AI talk get's through to Konami.. im hoping we see major AI improvement in this 2020 version.. if only there was alot done between the e3 and demo/final ver builds..

So, we've been demanding for a better Master League and new innovative Game Modes for 5 years, and all they could come up with are a few new cut scenes (candidates to be skipped after the second season) and this Project 11 thing that's an appendix of MyClub?.
were you expecting more from this company? im not surprised, they are known now to disrespect the fans that got them through the shit years and now that they have there myclub they are pretty much telling us offliners who want a deep master league and to fix the underlying gameplay issues that we have been repetitively been complaining about to piss off, hate to say it but thats what there doing or thats how i feel anyways.

were you expecting more from this company? im not surprised, they are known now to disrespect the fans that got them through the shit years and now that they have there myclub they are pretty much telling us offliners who want a deep master league and to fix the underlying gameplay issues that we have been repetitively been complaining about to piss off, hate to say it but thats what there doing or thats how i feel anyways.

Yep. If you look at Asim's tweets from last week apparently when he voiced community feedback documents and changes that the hardcore fans wanted Konami told him he was being too negative and also that one member of Konami told him "we do enough already for the community."

If that doesn't say it all in terms of what konami thinks of the loyal fans that stuck with them for the last 13 years since PES 6 then I don't know what does.

"we do enough already for the community."

Still sounds more kind answer,than the one i have in my mind, or i would expect from a KONAMI executive/ceo/shareholder/ bureaucrat. :) :P

Yes i am a PESimist that sees the glass neither half nor empty. I just don't see even the glass! :D

I hope this per konami stop to play with their "show and hide". First thing we have to see Is: how long Is the demo's match? And now, is possibile to see videos matches between star players and low levels squads? Or between two low levels squads? Why, when someone makes a video, never says If manual or PA1/2/3, If shoot is manual or auto, what Is the level? We could have more elements to judge.
Cause mate it is standard tgat it is PA2 or PA3, it is a norm now. If it was possible, shoots would be auto-aim-locked-headshot.

That's hilarious, unsurprising and incredibly deluded.

Hardcore KONAMI fans are a little fracture of KONAMI's customers.
The fact that they do express their complains does not mean anything to Konami.
Here for example how many people are active members? 100? 200? how many do have complaints? 50?
Do you think that konami will put any effort to make 50 customers happy?

The vast majority of PES players would ask for more licenses, stadiums, better online experience.
If i own KONAMI, i would focus on keeping the vast majority happy and not the 100-200-1000 grumpy fans.
(I am one of the most grumpy fan you know)

hm is it me or in 2015 the player ID was a bit more prominent by the cpu regardint the dribbling? also the game isnt that end-to-end? compared to the 2020 vids
all i can remember is i loved the first touch sys in it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom