eFootball PES 2020 News Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Pro Evolution Soccer' started by ThomasGOAL, 7 June 2019.

1. ThomasGOAL

ThomasGOAL Retired Footballer

15 March 2003
    France
    Last edited: 11 June 2019
    janguv and totti88 like this.
  2. *aLe

*aLe International

30 August 2005
    Lombardia
    Emilia-Romagna
    Soooo here we go! Can you hear the hype train approaching?
    I can't, for the moment... I wonder if it can last at least this year. :D

Lami likes this.
  3. Potworny

Potworny Non-League

28 April 2018
    Where is this graphic from?

...what is this graphic design?

4. Matt10

Matt10 Champions League

5 February 2004
    Bleh...Barcelona all over again. Nothing to do with the club itself, just more so tired of the previews always starting with Barca.

incas36, Pyro, janguv and 5 others like this.
  5. Chilleverest

Chilleverest League 2

6 June 2018
    PES is turning into one of those exclusive Club football games on ps2.

pacpes, Colon, slamsoze and 1 other person like this.
  6. Chris Davies

Chris Davies Chief PESsimist Staff

14 May 2003
    Tranmere Rovers
    "eFootball" front and centre...

Feels like eSports is the focus. Yikes.

Jamezinho, Pyro, janguv and 3 others like this.
  7. PESBUL

PESBUL Championship

11 June 2016
    Yeap... again stupid Konami's PR move... NO BODY CARE ABOUT eSPORTS ... The game is scripted as fuck to be eSports game... but again I don't know anyone who cares about PES like eSports shit.. nobody...

fefepes and slamsoze like this.
  8. Redhat

Redhat Premiership

16 June 2007
    US
    Manchester United
    I knew it was a complete dumpster fire, but I wanted it anyway.

[​IMG]

9. sonoman

sonoman Premiership

13 November 2003
    México
    Mexico / Türkiye
    Now with even more legends and facial hair updates for barcelona players every couple months!

pacpes likes this.
  10. Lobbedball

Lobbedball League 1

14 July 2018
    Please konami, gameplay focus please and master league new format

pacpes likes this.
  11. PESBUL

PESBUL Championship

11 June 2016
    Sorry guys, but I'm still super angry... the first thing what we saw from 2020 is ... eSports... I can't believe this is happening. They can't be that stupid. They really will waste 2020 for stupid shit like that.

Last edited: 8 June 2019
  12. slamsoze

slamsoze Premiership

28 September 2010
    Why angry dude? Even if they had promise the best offline content ever (which they have not), is n't it e-sports/streaming tournaments/mircotrans/in-app purchases still the No1 driving force of this company/business model (and the other sports video game companies, to be honest)?

13. ThomasGOAL

ThomasGOAL Retired Footballer

15 March 2003
    France
    Calm PESBUL, It's a picture from the FC Barcelona website and it's leaked ;))

PESBUL likes this.
  14. majuh

majuh Champions League

11 December 2010
    To be honest, I would be satisfied with a proper eSports game. The thing is that PES 2019 is neither a proper football simulation, nor a proper eSports game.

15. Ameppe

Ameppe International

23 December 2007
    SSC Napoli
    It hurts to say it but Konami is betting on the right horses. A FUT-like mode and eSports are really important for a sport game in 2019. If you looked at the views on Twitch you would understand.

Problem is they don't go well with offline gaming. Pes 2020 looks to be shaping another Pes that is good to play vs human, but trash against CPU.

Jimi_Zuko, SiuMing and Chris Davies like this.
  16. ClassicD

ClassicD Galáctico

11 November 2001
    Glasgow
    Celtic
    As much as it's tiresome to see their yearly Barcelona love-in when it comes to PR, it's just a graphic from the club website (which promotes their eSports team); stop assuming that will be the focus of PES2020 and wait for some official news.

As for the game, unless it has a completely revamped Master League, I won't buy it this year.

Ricky_Kaka and Lami like this.
  17. Isslander

Isslander Gordon's alive!

3 August 2003
    Iceland
    Liverpool
    Spoiler: You won't buy it this year

No Coutinho is hardly a surprise but the classic players shit is so tiring. No disrespect to my man Ronaldinho, what a damn legend , but I would rather have magic boots back than use those guys in MyClub whatever.

It just comes out as dumb ranting at this point but I just hate MyClub so much

Colon, sonoman, talucchesi and 4 others like this.
  18. SaberRider

SaberRider League 1

4 December 2014
    I don't understand why?

19. rockstrongo

rockstrongo International

25 August 2006
    Sweden
    Hammarby
    Of course they're gonna push the Barca button,one of the largest clubs on earth!
    But this is from Barca right? not Konami?
    Still if we're on the subject eSports, football has to be the worst of them all , extremely boring.

20. MishkiN

MishkiN Conference

8 February 2003
    Manchester
    "efootball" when the series is called Soccer :BLINK:

21. *aLe

*aLe International

30 August 2005
    Lombardia
    Emilia-Romagna
    It's the name of the series that's definitely wrong, indeed. I must say that 'Pro Evolution Football' wouldn't sound as good, though.

I mean, calling the sport "Soccer" anywhere outside the US is like demanding that everyone in the world starts calling basketball "pallacanestro" 'cause this is the way we call it in Italy. No way.

Ricky_Kaka and pacpes like this.
  22. MishkiN

MishkiN Conference

8 February 2003
    Manchester
    Agreed. But it's a bit odd given the branding.

23. Gale Kast

Gale Kast Conference

7 August 2018
    I have enjoyed MyClub this year and last year despite the issues and the spammers and the pathetic tactics. I have a few legends that I have fluked to get (not spending real money) and they are fun to play with. My problem is the players of the week thing, they have ensured everyone has a black ball side within a week or two thanks to the boosting of those players.. In 2020 they need to dial it back a bit. Players of the week should gain a couple of points in their key stats where they excelled that week, not a blanket boost that takes them up +8 overall and makes everyone a black ball player on par with the best players in the world that currently play or have previously played. Some of those boosted players are better than people like Ronaldinho in game and frankly, they aren't fit to lace his boots.

If they make MyClub more sensible and that it takes time to improve the side (like MLO was) it really could be the best of the lot. However, my gut tells me they will keep making it easy mode, everyone will have 5 star sides within a week and I will struggle to find someone to play at 2 star where it actually feels like proper football. Oh and make it fair, stop the dumbing down of AI and making defenders react so badly, its stupid and makes me hate the game when I watch my big CB watch the ball travel an inch over his head just so some 5'4" striker can beat him in the air for some reason.

24. TheGoodOldDays

TheGoodOldDays League 2

19 November 2016
    He never gives up. :LOL:

NIK778899 likes this.
  25. PRO_TOO

PRO_TOO Team Heffernan

25 May 2003
    Rego Park, Germany
    Team Heffernan
    If we ain’t... why should he?! ;)

:LOL:

first time in years that i'm pretty calm prior release of the first informations! hm...
    thx 2017! :D

Last edited: 8 June 2019
  26. rockstrongo

25 August 2006
    Sweden
    Hammarby
    Is that the Daniel that was a complete ***** in here last year?
    Who got banned (cheers mods!) after insulting people who questioned him?

27. PRO_TOO

PRO_TOO Team Heffernan

25 May 2003
    Rego Park, Germany
    Team Heffernan
    yeah, but dont let us derail the train! ;)
    we all know the story... so we move on! focusing on the topic! elite style! :)

Lami likes this.
  28. Pwalie86

Pwalie86 Conference

5 June 2018
    Wales
    Swansea City
    Rick Astley Daniel Henry will never give up.

Lami and rockstrongo like this.
  29. rockstrongo

25 August 2006
    Sweden
    Hammarby
    If he's driving it's already gone off the tracks

Lami likes this.
  30. PRO_TOO

PRO_TOO Team Heffernan

25 May 2003
    Rego Park, Germany
    Team Heffernan
    konami 'n' people might drive the pr train, and only that!
    hype train is only and was only driven by fans/customers/users! ;) so its on us how much cole we shovel into the engines container!

this year, i just a got ticket... still i'm at the station... watching the scene... might jump the train... maybe...