eFootball PES 2020 Discussion Thread (PC)

Hello.

What would you suggest between a 1080p monitor 144hz and a 4k montor 60hz ?

I have a i7-6700k with a 1080ti. I never saw an image in 4k, does it make a huge difference in pes ?

I would recommend a 1440p 144Hz monitor instead. It's the perfect fit for that GPU and would also mean you will still receive good fps on most of your other games. 4k is still a very hard resolution to run unless you have maybe a 2080ti.
Your 1080ti will still most likely run Pes 2020 great at 4k but if you do or play any other games or plan to play upcoming games you would find that you have to lower settings to get acceptable performance at 4k.

Hey, you said you tried two different cables, did you try another hdmi port on the monitor, most times theres more than one. Did you looks to see if there are labels identifying the type of port. The reason being is that theres also a HDMI MHL port that comes with some monitors for mobile devices etc, and if you use that port it will not display anything I believe. Also, how did you test 144Mhz if the monitor wasnt displaying?.

I used DisplayPort cable
I have only one hdmi port in monitor and one in my pc

I used DisplayPort cable
I have only one hdmi port in monitor and one in my pc

Ok great, then other than that, im not sure why you are getting stutters in full screen over windowed mode. What gtx 1060 do you have, 3GB or 6GB, and what resolution are you playing at.

...and again (like a thousand times before) I think of building a computer.
Then again I don’t do it for just one game.
Why not? Often that one game is well worth the investment considering the time you'll put in! I'd stuck with my old PC from 2013 for so long before eventually upgrading this year - and that was only because I play an unhealthy amount of PUBG and Battlefield and was tired of playing on console.

If you can justify the investment then I'd say go for it - PES on PC at 1440p is dreamy.

I would recommend a 1440p 144Hz monitor instead. It's the perfect fit for that GPU and would also mean you will still receive good fps on most of your other games. 4k is still a very hard resolution to run unless you have maybe a 2080ti.
Your 1080ti will still most likely run Pes 2020 great at 4k but if you do or play any other games or plan to play upcoming games you would find that you have to lower settings to get acceptable performance at 4k.

Thank you for the answer :)

It's probably the best option at the moment

Ok great, then other than that, im not sure why you are getting stutters in full screen over windowed mode. What gtx 1060 do you have, 3GB or 6GB, and what resolution are you playing at.

6 GB, 2560x1440.
When I set 85Mhz in monitor settings its much better, only micro stuttering in fullscreen, but not as good as window mode in 144 Mhz

I wonder is monitor Gsync really needed ? I dont see any difference between on and off gsync and I must mention that gsync monitors are far much more expensive. So when is gsync really needed ?

I wonder is monitor Gsync really needed ? I dont see any difference between on and off gsync and I must mention that gsync monitors are far much more expensive. So when is gsync really needed ?
Gsync is great - if you're playing at high frame rates then you won't notice it coming to play as much (and the real beauty is that you should never notice it when it's working well) but once frames start to lower with more intense games / settings then G Sync keeps your picture really smooth with no tearing.

The price premium for G Sync adds a lot to a monitor's cost but it's worth it - although now with the 'G Sync Compatible' certification you can buy some really great Free Sync monitors and make use of that.

Gsync is great - if you're playing at high frame rates then you won't notice it coming to play as much (and the real beauty is that you should never notice it when it's working well) but once frames start to lower with more intense games / settings then G Sync keeps your picture really smooth with no tearing.

The price premium for G Sync adds a lot to a monitor's cost but it's worth it - although now with the 'G Sync Compatible' certification you can buy some really great Free Sync monitors and make use of that.

What games are intensive games ? Pes isn't so it doesn't need gsync

Hey guys . I want to Pre Order the game . 2 years I pre ordered via steam , but I am looking at cd keys and there the game is cheaper . Any of you can share if cd keys is legit and safe for pre ordering games ? Thank you .

Last few days I can not find an opponent for a very long time.
Also the match becomes laggy (from working fine) in some moment..
Is it just me (or my region) or it is a common on PC?

Edit: filter for connection should stay on "no restriction". There are just not enough good connections for "balanced". And "require stable connection" is a science fiction :)

Last edited:
Hey guys . I want to Pre Order the game . 2 years I pre ordered via steam , but I am looking at cd keys and there the game is cheaper . Any of you can share if cd keys is legit and safe for pre ordering games ? Thank you .

Totally legit & safe...had an account since 2014, never had any issues.

Hi, is it normal that every online game I have tried is laggy as hell? And if not "laggy as hell" then it's far from smooth play. My last online experience is with PES 6 and this is deffinitely worse. It takes like 5 minutes to find opponent and then most of the time it has just 1/3 quality of connection.

I made test of my internet speed and it's 70mbps download and 10mbps upload, that shouldn't be problem, right?

Thanks

Btw. is it also normal that everybody plays with Barcelona? I always trough that PES community is more mature and I will enjoy much more matches like Colo Colo vs. Corinthians etc. from demo. Just more regular games but is seems that everybody takes Messi and Suarez and without any teamplay solo for goals.

Hi, is it normal that every online game I have tried is laggy as hell? And if not "laggy as hell" then it's far from smooth play. My last online experience is with PES 6 and this is deffinitely worse. It takes like 5 minutes to find opponent and then most of the time it has just 1/3 quality of connection.

I made test of my internet speed and it's 70mbps download and 10mbps upload, that shouldn't be problem, right?

Thanks

Btw. is it also normal that everybody plays with Barcelona? I always trough that PES community is more mature and I will enjoy much more matches like Colo Colo vs. Corinthians etc. from demo. Just more regular games but is seems that everybody takes Messi and Suarez and without any teamplay solo for goals.

Yes. That is Pes Online experience in 90% of time. (PC).
Lag, spamming and no joy :)

(just that Barcelona thing I don`t know.. So far, I beat people using Barca easily, and struggle when I play as Barca).

There is very rare online players on PC who will go underdog for fun. Most of people will pick strongest team / players every time.

Isn't that eFootball for eSport so therefore for online expeirience? :D

Anyway thanks for answer, I was thinking about something like router issues but I am not expert for that. So then offline like every year :)

Isn't that eFootball for eSport so therefore for online expeirience? :D

Anyway thanks for answer, I was thinking about something like router issues but I am not expert for that. So then offline like every year :)
It was running smooth for me the few times I tried online, only problems to find manual players takes too long

There is not enough players on PC.
I play one lag free game out of five..and it take too much time if you set filter.

Lads, I'm stumped. I can't even get the demo to run. It says "running" in Steam but no window whatsoever appears. My other games: FIFA19, GTA V, Forza Horizon, Crew 2 etc all run at Ultra with no problems.

What have I missed?
(4.6GHz i7 8700, 32GB ram,1tb m.2NVMe, RTX2070)

Kill it in task manager and try again. Have you any mods or has it previously worked. If its the first launch look for the pes 2020 setting in your task bar. It some times loads minimised on first run to lt you choose full screen, res etc

Back
Top Bottom