eFootball PES 2020 Discussion Thread (PC)

And I'm watching football since 1994. Therefore can't take anyone who says PES2018 (or even 2019) was at least decent representation of the sport seriously.

My too, WC 1994 USA and Bulgarian National Team was the reason for me to become a football fan. Since then, we played football every day in the yard for 12 hours, then in the stadiums and then in front of the TV. PES 6, PES 2013, PES 2018 and sort of PES 2019 are the BEST representation of the sport in virtual word to date. I see a lot bad thing in PES 2020 so on this stage, I'm not fully happy with the game.

My too, WC 1994 USA and Bulgarian National Team was the reason for me to become a football fan. Since then, we played football every day in the yard for 12 hours, then in the stadiums and then in front of the TV. PES 6, PES 2013, PES 2018 and sort of PES 2019 are the BEST representation of the sport in virtual word to date. I see a lot bad thing in PES 2020 so on this stage, I'm not fully happy with the game.
Would you care to elaborate just exactly what you find better in 2018 and 2019, and how you think it's a better representation of football than 2020? In my opinion it's the exact opposite regarding pace, misplaced passes and shots, physicality just to name a few things.

I'm also curious to know specifically why you think PES 2020 is full of crap while previous versions were better @PESBUL ? Really, very curious. Maybe you're spotting things we haven't yet. Maybe these annoyances might become clear for all of us later on the year.

But you've been so vague so far in your 3 posts about this topic you brought up yourself...

it s the other way around, because they fixed what felt wrong with pes 2019, and now actually there is more shot variation, there is less scripted floaty shots, shot can go anywhere btw the goal posts now, u can round the keeper much better in this one while in 19 it felt that the keeper was locked on to the ball btw ur feet and u can t round him... to me pes 2020 as it is a major way forward, and i like it tbh

got beaten yesterday fair and square 1-0 by a guy playing with bayern, this player was such a skillful one with the ball, he could hold and play slowly and not make a bad pass, turn with players, and he scored a nice goal against because simply i couldn t cut the passing lane for his last pass, and he scored a placed shot with r2 in the bottom corner from inside the box.

got beaten yesterday fair and square 1-0 by a guy playing with bayern, this player was such a skillful one with the ball, he could hold and play slowly and not make a bad pass, turn with players, and he scored a nice goal against because simply i couldn t cut the passing lane for his last pass, and he scored a placed shot with r2 in the bottom corner from inside the box.
Haven't bother trying online yet but that sounds promising. Would you say these type of players are common to face or was this just an exception?

Has anyone else seen a frame rate drop since the latest patch?

Dropped to 120fps ish from a very steady 144fps

Not changed a thing

I just bought new monitor with G-Sync but problems occured.

1. There no signal on HDMI cabel. I tried two cables HDMI and none of it worked. But DP (display port) works. Do I have to do something in settings ? Is there any difference between these two cables regarding game playing quality ?
2. Below I added picture when you can see that pes in window mode doesn't fit entirely to monitor screen.
https://zapodaj.net/026a59b755d72.jpg.html
3. I dont see any difference in game smoothness between Gsync on and off so is it worth to pay extra money for gsync !!??
4. Unfortunatelly replays stutter horribly whatever I choose 30 or 60 fps in settings :(

Last edited:
Your monitor is capable of 144hz? I got both cables. It is up to you if you want to use dp or hdmi cable. Hdmi can make only 60hz in higher resolutions

So why they provide hdmi cabel along with monitor in the box ?

Because your monitor also has HDMI ports and you might want to use that one instead, even if it's not at 144hs.
You can use that HDMI port to link your PC to your TV, for instance.

That's not to say, they should have also included the DP Port cable. Don't know which one you ended up buying, but my Dell came with all the necessary items included.

back in 2013 i was hyped for the future of pes. i bought a gaming pc for this one game, upgraded internet etc.

i wasn't a member of a forum like this back then but i wish someone had posted this :

wait til the full game drops before spending on upgrades - feedback will then determine whether the upgrade is worth it.

if player base is dropping within a month you will have lost nothing.
if player base is fluorishing in a month, you also lose nothing.

you need to see pes 2020 not as a football game the player plays, but as a test for konami which will either tell us "we have reset our thinking and we will give you a great game" or "we will continue as we have done before; a fine demo followed by a game that lacks progressive innovation"

if konami deliver with pes 2020, pes 2021 is then the game to be thinking "i should upgrade my pc".

[but yeh if you got the $$$ to burn, ignore the above and go ahead]

So why they provide hdmi cabel along with monitor in the box ?

Your monitor is capable of 144hz? I got both cables. It is up to you if you want to use dp or hdmi cable. Hdmi can make only 60hz in higher resolutions

Because you're monitor also has HDMI ports and you might want to use that one instead, even if it's not at 144hs.
You can use that HDMI port to link your PC to your TV, for instance.

That's not to say, they should have also included the DP Port cable. Don't know which one you ended up buying, but my Dell came with all the necessary items included.

Ok just to chime in here, Hdmi (2.0) is actually capable of 144hz at both 1080p and 1440p resolution. Most times if you look at the back of the monitor, especially newer monitors, you will see hdmi 2.0 listed above the port. Ofc the gfx card hdmi port must also be 2.0, something most cards now have. So basically, you can use both the hdmi and display port cable to achieve 144hz.

Fullscreen issue.

If you already selected fullscreen in settings and still the game plays in window mode, you can try pressing alt + enter at the same time. That will usually switch between window and full screen. This could also be the cause of you stutters, since i've seen it before.

Also Please check your display settings to make sure you're at the monitor resolution and most importantly it's actually running at 144hz. Most times it defaults to 60hz unless you set it.

Haven't bother trying online yet but that sounds promising. Would you say these type of players are common to face or was this just an exception?
he was an exception tbh, the others were just juve pressure over pressure spammers which still is a big issue in the game, juve are just too overpowered or maybe its the 5 min matches that is showing they
Ok just to chime in here, Hdmi (2.0) is actually capable of 144hz at both 1080p and 1440p resolution. Most times if you look at the back of the monitor, especially newer monitors, you will see hdmi 2.0 listed above the port. Ofc the gfx card hdmi port must also be 2.0, something most cards now have. So basically, you can use both the hdmi and display port cable to achieve 144hz.

Fullscreen issue.

If you already selected fullscreen in settings and still the game plays in window mode, you can try pressing alt + enter at the same time. That will usually switch between window and full screen. This could also be the cause of you stutters, since i've seen it before.

Also Please check your display settings to make sure you're at the monitor resolution and most importantly it's actually running at 144hz. Most times it defaults to 60hz unless you set it.
no way, only dp is the cable able to give u 144hrz, hdmi has not enough data providing to give u the enough hrz, hdmi is not for 144 gaming, dp and DVI is

he was an exception tbh, the others were just juve pressure over pressure spammers which still is a big issue in the game, juve are just too overpowered or maybe its the 5 min matches that is showing they

no way, only dp is the cable able to give u 144hrz, hdmi has not enough data providing to give u the enough hrz, hdmi is not for 144 gaming, dp and DVI is

I respectfully disagree, but you can do your research and get back to me. I'll happily review it.

Sorry but it is stupid to play with barcelona in this game when u have the choice to play with juve,- they are simply a much better team physically and u can even play tiki taka with them, barcelona are so slow and fragile physically making it a no go for playing against others who can have juve or bayern...is konami biased towards juve and bayern wtf

Fullscreen issue.

Hmm Its weird because I have GTX 1060 with hdmi 2.0b and still no signal with my new 144Mhz (already set) monitor.
My old one which is 59Mhz works fine via hdmi cabel.

Second I noticed major stuttering in 144Mhz (no way to play !) in fullscreen mode (either 30 or 60 Mhz in pes settings) but smooth like butter in window mode. I would play in window mode but window doesn't fit to whole screen (on the right side there is a gap and desktop wallpaper is visible).

Hmm Its weird because I have GTX 1060 with hdmi 2.0b and still no signal with my new 144Mhz (already set) monitor.

Second I noticed major stuttering in 144Mhz (no way to play !) in fullscreen mode (either 30 or 60 Mhz in pes settings) but smooth like butter in window mode. I would play in window mode but window doesn't fit to whole screen (on the right side there is a gap and desktop wallpaper is visible).

That's all very strange.
I play at 144hz, 2560x1440 perfectly fine, smooth like butter.
Although my GPU is far better than yours, I don't think you should be having that many issues.

Once I managed to play perfectly smooth on fullscreen but I dont remember how I did it. Now I can only play in window mode

[/QUOTE]

Rivatuner limit 82 FPS and nvidia driver setup monitor 85 Hz.

Problem with notfunciton HDMI. ... Setup monitor HDMI input

Sorry. My English is terrible

Rivatuner limit 82 FPS and nvidia driver setup monitor 85 Hz.

Problem with notfunciton HDMI. ... Setup monitor HDMI input

Sorry. My English is terrible

You have to get a DisplayPort cable, connect it that way, then use Nvidia control's panel and set the monitor resolution to the maximum avaialble (natively) and then 144hz. It will be smooth then.

Hello.

What would you suggest between a 1080p monitor 144hz and a 4k montor 60hz ?

I have a i7-6700k with a 1080ti. I never saw an image in 4k, does it make a huge difference in pes ?

Hey, you said you tried two different cables, did you try another hdmi port on the monitor, most times theres more than one. Did you looks to see if there are labels identifying the type of port. The reason being is that theres also a HDMI MHL port that comes with some monitors for mobile devices etc, and if you use that port it will not display anything I believe. Also, how did you test 144Mhz if the monitor wasnt displaying?.

Back
Top Bottom