1. We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners. Learn More.

Early opinion of Watson v4.0 option file

Discussion in 'Winning Eleven' started by shootsandscores, 7 September 2006.

1. I've only played two games, myself being the US and the computer being Iran, and I must say that I believe our old friend Watson has been doing some tweaking for the positive. I was never able to play well on 3-star, so with his last option file, I backed down to 2-star. What I'm noticing now with v4.0 is that the defense challenges more on 2-star, ball flight is more exciting (it CAN bounce all over the place) and movement of the players doesn't seem to be as wooden (the players seem to be able to make more fakes, etc.).

Keep up the fine work, Watson ol' boy!

2. valroy

valroy League 2

4 August 2005
    is this the best o/f? i'm waiting for whistles final one...

3. gavsta

gavsta Non-League

13 May 2005
    i think its brill :D

4. tripp

tripp Non-League

15 December 2005
    I set a reminder on my handheld so i could get this as soon as midnight hit. I installed the patch and have been using Watsons stuff since I first got into PES\WE. Eitherway.... this is one AMAZING patch.

Me and few friends play WE9I on Xbox like its going outta style always using same teams. When i booted up and played my first match with Man United i was impressed. All the players have their perfect skillset!!! The shirts look great too! Watson, well done!

I cant comment on gameplay changes at the current moment but i'll follow up with the thread and post my comments.

Watson.. You rock!

5. kammy

kammy Non-League

11 May 2006
    What??

How can the OF change the gameplay? Think you might be imagining things there bud.

Haven't tried Watsons newy yet, but it looks excellent.

6. Stats have an influence on the gameplay, if you get better stats the gameplay get's more realistic.

7. djdoc

djdoc Guest

Yes but better stats WONT affect the ball physics!

DJ

8. No, but that ain't necessary anyways;)

9. mattjoke

mattjoke Non-League

5 August 2005
    why isnt this out for WE 10?????

10. Regarding my ball physics comment, it just SEEMS that way to me. I may be imagining things, but I've seen a lot more "ping-pong" type of effects happening with the ball than I have before. For example, one of the goals scored on me was a corner that caromed off several players, then suddenly ended up on the foot of an opponent which was promptly batted into the net. That never happened to me before.

11. funcrusher_plus

funcrusher_plus Taxi Driver

29 August 2006
    England
    England
    ball physics cant be affected by the option. good use of imagination though son.

12. Imagination is GOOD though!

13. limeyboy14

limeyboy14 Guest

Maybe Watson has changed the players' stats so that they respond better to loose balls, or are better at collecting the ball now.

14. Blanco

Blanco Championship

31 October 2005
    Belgium
    really good optionfile but 80% of my matches end with a draw & penalties.
    I'm thinking about skipping the match & just do the penalty shootout.
    Sometimes it looks like they don't want to score and shoot against a defender instead of the enormous gap next to him.
    Don't misunderstand, I really appreciate your work, but I don't like the gameplay.

15. knh4

knh4 Championship

21 October 2002
    Bradford
    Man Utd
    Are'nt the stats used for tis OF collected from PLF'S thread or are tese Watsons own?