1. We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners. Learn More.

EA Sports MMA

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by Bingham67, 27 October 2009.

1. Bingham67

Bingham67 Champions League

17 July 2005
    Might aswell start thread off as first gameplay pic has been released.

[​IMG]

And also a preview of the game will air during Fedor vs Rogers November 7th on CBS.

2. Tim7

Tim7 Retired Footballer

6 May 2003
    Gravesend
    Charlton Athletic FC
    That looks pretty nice :)). I'll be getting this for sure :TU:.

3. YoungGun_UK

YoungGun_UK 20 TIMES!

12 July 2007
    UK
    Manchester United
    Yep same. Predicting it to be pretty crap as it will be their first attempt though.

4. Placebo

Placebo Ԁlɐɔǝqo

3 May 2003
    Esmoriz, Portugal
    Sheffield Wednesday
    One picture gives no indication of how buggy a game it'll be.

5. charlievolano

charlievolano Banned

20 January 2007
    does it have untucked shirts??

6. Radiation

Radiation Golden Boot Winner

6 February 2006
    Widnes
    Newcastle United
    No but all of the lesser known fighters are rated 70 for everything and if you win your matches you get a loss on your records.

7. Gab_

Gab_ I agree

6 April 2009
    I'm curious about the technology being used. As in how "dynamic" it is with the physics, like in Fight Night Round 4, or if it will be more old school like the UFC game.

What ruined the UFC game for me was how static and boring the ground play was. You could never be surprised of anything because it was completely "scripted". Hope EA comes up with something better.

Edit: Seems like they will be using the FNR4 engine after all... interesting.

Last edited: 28 October 2009
  8. Rob92

Rob92 Guest

I agree, the ground fighting in UFC was just a series of predictable canned animations, it's the main reason I never bought the game after playing the demo.

9. DagsJT

DagsJT Retired Footballer

29 November 2005
    Warrington
    Liverpool
    US, November 6, 2009 - EA Sports announced today at a press event in Chicago that their upcoming EA Sports MMA game has partnered with Strikeforce to be the premiere league in the game which is scheduled to launch sometime in 2010. MMA fans can also expect many more leagues to be announced at a later date. We can only assume that this means you'll be able to sign with different leagues throughout your career.

EA Sports also announced that Brett Rogers (scheduled to fight Fedor Emelianenko this weekend in Chicago), Jake Shields (who's in a middleweight title fight this weekend) and Mayhem Miller are joining the roster of fighters. Big John McCarthy, the official referee for Strikeforce fights, will also be a part of the action in EA Sports MMA. Also adding to the authenticity will be the real Strikeforce commentary team of Frank Shamrock and Mauro Ranallo along with Jimmy Lennon Jr. who will add his famous tagline "It's Showtime" in the ring.

Be sure to check IGN on Monday, November 9 for our exclusive first look preview for EA Sports MMA.

10. vondave

vondave Stretford End

9 August 2005
    This will be good. I Just hope the ability to create a fighter and share online will be in place

11. Placebo

Placebo Ԁlɐɔǝqo

3 May 2003
    Esmoriz, Portugal
    Sheffield Wednesday
    Is UFC still threatening to ban any of their fighters who appear in the EA MMA game?

12. Tim7

Tim7 Retired Footballer

6 May 2003
    Gravesend
    Charlton Athletic FC
    Haha yeah I think so!

Career mode and being able to sign for different companies sounds good.

13. Dusse

Dusse Banned

23 January 2006
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Hammarby
  14. Coopz

Coopz Retired Footballer

27 April 2002
    Looks near enough the same as UFC gameplay wise

15. Placebo

Placebo Ԁlɐɔǝqo

3 May 2003
    Esmoriz, Portugal
    Sheffield Wednesday
    Visually it makes UFC look like a PS2 game IMO. Depends of course how "actual" the ingame footage really is.

16. Coopz

Coopz Retired Footballer

27 April 2002
    Its just the lighting that makes it look better

The graphics on UFC are very good so i dont know where your getting PS2 from :LOL:

17. Placebo

Placebo Ԁlɐɔǝqo

3 May 2003
    Esmoriz, Portugal
    Sheffield Wednesday
    Visually ;)

18. Bingham67

17 July 2005
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. Bingham67

17 July 2005
  20. DagsJT

DagsJT Retired Footballer

29 November 2005
    Warrington
    Liverpool
    The detail on the faces is incredible really. Whether the gameplay is as good remains to be seen though.

21. Coopz

Coopz Retired Footballer

27 April 2002
    Every sports game does good face close ups which we all never see because we never go close up

22. Bitter Rivals

Bitter Rivals International

24 January 2005
    i predict this to be better than the ufc game

i hope anyway

23. Radiation

6 February 2006
    Widnes
    Newcastle United
    According to a press release sent out by EA Sports today, the company has confirmed that Cung Le, Josh Thomson, Gilbert Melendez, Robbie Lawler, Scott Smith, Matt Lindland and Ronaldo "Jacare" Souza will be playable fighters in EA Sports MMA. Here is the updated roster for the game, which is expected out in the late summer of 2010 for Playstation 3 and XBOX 360:

* Randy Couture
    * Fedor Emelianenko
    * Jay Hieron
    * Muhammed "King Mo" Lawal
    * Jason "Mayhem" Miller
    * Gegard Mousasi
    * Brett Rogers
    * Frank Shamrock
    * Jake Shields
    * Renato "Babalu" Sobral
    * Nick Thompson
    * Cung Le
    * Josh Thomson
    * Gilbert Melendez
    * Robbie Lawler
    * Scott Smith
    * Matt Lindland
    * Ronaldo "Jacare" Souza

24. iluvnineties

iluvnineties Banned

18 April 2008
    Boston, Massachusetts, USA
    FC Porto
    Other than Fedor, Rogers, Frank Shamrock, Jake Shields, and Mayhem this squad cannot even come close to the one in UFC 09.

25. kobashi

kobashi Champions League

19 May 2004
    You need to add Gegard Mousasi to that list. Yes it doesnt come close to the UFC roster at the moment and the final roster probably wont either. They do need to add lot more names before final release though so some kind of deal with Pancrase, Shooto, Dream would make sense. EA will sell the game in Japan and they will need Japanese fighters and non japanese fighters who are known in Japan or the public will show no interest at all just like they did towards the UFC game.

Dunno why Josh Barnett has not been signed yet. I was hoping EA would put in an excellent CAF mode to be honest and let the Community create all the missing fighters etc!

remember Gameplay is what matters though.

26. YoungGun_UK

YoungGun_UK 20 TIMES!

12 July 2007
    UK
    Manchester United
    I can see it having the same system as FN4 with created fighters.

27. Radiation

6 February 2006
    Widnes
    Newcastle United
    I hope each fighter fights more like their real life counterpart than in the UFC game. Not just so Fedor has a bigger life bar than someone else and that's why he's tough to beat.

28. kobashi

kobashi Champions League

19 May 2004
    first japanese fighters announced.

EA Sports announced additional signings for its EA Sports MMA interactive arts video game earlier with week with Shinya Aoki and Hidehiko Yoshida at a press conference in Japan.

Both fighters were victorious in their New Year’s Eve bouts at K-1 and Dream’s co-promoted “Dynamite: The Power of Courage 2009” at the Saitama Super Arena in Saitama, Japan. Aoki earned a brutal first-round technical submission by hammerlock over Sengoku lightweight champion Mizuto Hirota. Yoshida out-pointed fellow Olympic judo gold medalist Satoshi Ishii, who was making his MMA debut.

Aoki, Dream’s lightweight champion, is also expected to make his U.S. debut with Strikeforce in the first quarter of 2010. Strikeforce and Dream share a strategic talent-sharing alliance.

EA Sports MMA, which will also feature Strikeforce as a “premiere league” in the game, will be released in fall 2010.

EA Sports MMA’s growing list of signed athletes now includes Randy Couture, Brett Rogers, Jake Shields, Fedor Emelianenko, Gegard Mousasi, Renato "Babalu" Sobral, Jay Hieron, Jason "Mayhem" Miller Muhammed Lawal.

Former UFC heavyweight champion Tim Sylvia and Strikeforce middleweights Benji Radach and Tim Kennedy have also announced their involvement with the game in past interviews.

Strikeforce commentators Mauro Ranallo and Frank Shamrock, as well as ring announcer Jimmy Lennon, will represent their real-life roles in the game. Iconic referee “Big” John McCarthy will oversee the pixilated fights.

EA Sports said in November that the company is still recruiting fighters and personalities for the game, which could include additional international athletes, as well as female fighters.

“EA Sports MMA” Participants

Fedor Emelianenko
    Randy Couture
    Gegard Mousasi
    Renato "Babalu" Sobral
    Jay Hieron
    Tim Sylvia
    Benji Radach
    Tim Kennedy
    Jason "Mayhem" Miller
    Muhammed Lawal
    Frank Shamrock