EA 2 - Konami 0

thisempty said:
I wasnt expecting for you to care about me supporting either game... irrelevant thing to say, but thats ok...

Well you made a point of stating it, so I thought you might like someone to acknowledge it for you...

thisempty said:
My "something decent" was obviously too high an expectation for you, maybe.
Your "realistic" expectations are obviously to low, lol.

It wasn't too high for me, it was obviously too high in general. I think you can clearly see now that it was too high... lol!

lol.

thisempty said:
Konami said that they were working on PES for the 360 for a long time and that it was awesome and that alot of things could be done... so i don't think my expectations were to high. Thats only your opinion.

It is my opinion, but also manages to stay in the real world, in which it turns out, I was right. :thumbup:
But you do have a strong argument in that Konami said "it was awesome", I mean why even discuss it, it should clearly be the best thing ever... if Konami said it.

hi everyone, i'm 32 and i've been playing "we" or "pes" since "iss" and i have to say that the gameplay has stagnated completly! i'll just say that "we" was the first game to introduce things like capitain's arm patch and right and left footed players. since then all they have done is improve player animations and ball physics but i think that 12 years is more than enough time to do something else!!! i´ll just give you some examples: official licenses (all of them!) leagues, cups,club chants, etc. why can't we choose wich players go to the opponent's penalty area on corners kicks? and what about that game commentary? it's probably the worse i've heard in a long time. have any of you played a game called actua soccer? it was the first 3D game, the commentary was awsome... and the roosters? always off date. these are just small examples of some aspects of the game that they could have changed in 12 years. they only make small changes on every version of the game. it looks like they are affraid of making the perfect game...

its all about money my friend;)
konami or any other company, want make any game looks or play preefect, as they want to fix it very slowly year by year, so that they can make lots lots of cash$$$$$$$$$
cos if they really really want to make massive improvments, gameplay or graphic wise, they could easly take they time and focus, then realise the game in 3-4 years time, but no company will do that mistake, cos that means lossing 3-4 years of millions$$$$$$$$$$$
why konami do that, if they still can sell the game anyways:salute: :roll:

jckf said:
hi everyone, i'm 32 and i've been playing "we" or "pes" since "iss" and i have to say that the gameplay has stagnated completly! i'll just say that "we" was the first game to introduce things like capitain's arm patch and right and left footed players. since then all they have done is improve player animations and ball physics but i think that 12 years is more than enough time to do something else!!! i´ll just give you some examples: official licenses (all of them!) leagues, cups,club chants, etc. why can't we choose wich players go to the opponent's penalty area on corners kicks? and what about that game commentary? it's probably the worse i've heard in a long time. have any of you played a game called actua soccer? it was the first 3D game, the commentary was awsome... and the roosters? always off date. these are just small examples of some aspects of the game that they could have changed in 12 years. they only make small changes on every version of the game. it looks like they are affraid of making the perfect game...
You call WE9 or PES5 an improvement? if you ask me they went backwards, the game was complete bollocks and controlling players with the ball was very very difficult and sometimes impossible as they knock the ball on about 6 years ahead of themselves and the CPU says "thank you very much ill have that off you" and its bullshit. I dont even play it anymore.. WE10 on the other hand is decent!!!

DJ

but if they changed the game 2 much each year it could ruin it, like fifa is shite!! wiv out pes computers wouldnt b the same so i say if u want fifa ur sad so leave this PES forum plz!!!

LONG LIVE PRO EVO

Dar said:
Well you made a point of stating it, so I thought you might like someone to acknowledge it for you....

You thought wrong, sorry.

Dar said:
It wasn't too high for me, it was obviously too high in general. I think you can clearly see now that it was too high... lol!

lol..

Or i can crearly see that Konami didnt deliver good enough for the NORMAL expectations people had :)

Last edited:
At the end of the day, everyone here is going to buy PES6 and love it. End of.

Everytime you feel angry at Konami, just take a look at the players' movements, and the goals in Fifa07, and you'll be grateful.

Honestly, what's marignally good in Fifa other than the pitch and the sounds??

The way you take the ball from a player in Fifa-7 then instantaneously turn 180 degrees and start running is just hillarious.

thisempty said:
Really? Maybe you're reading to fast and skipped this part: "Of course gameplay is the most important thing, but great gameplay and great visuals are even better, dont you think?"
Yeah i saw that after i posted (wierdly) :p

Well, i already said that, don't know why you keep repeating the same thing...
But gameplay AND great graphics are even better :)
In a first person shoot em' up gameplay is more important than graphics too, why should graphics be more important in a FPS than in a football game?
Yeah figgures :)

Been playing since ISS on the PS1, not quite a rookie :)
Missed the point, i was more stressing the improvement aspect of things(PES/WE franchise) but oh well, if i was you and i had a 360 i'll prolly expect more than Konami delivered, you'll never know ;)

Well, its not looking any better than the launch title for xbox360 FIFA RTWC, even though they had 1 more year to do it. Actually, its looking worse.
:nono: uhh thats where you're wrong mate, and i think an awfull lot of people will agree with me (probably 90% :lmao: )when i say the graphics of RTWC was piss awfull, PES6 is definately way better than it, for one the player models looked plastic, and the only thing people that played that game appreciated was the grass and that was it, every other aspect of that game disgusted people, (including me) especially the gameplay!!

"or whatever its called", lol... now, its ok to know the name of the EA game, it wont make you a lesser PES/WE fan, lol
Yeah, i was cautious, i was scared of getting shot :lol:

EA hasn't changed the gameplay for PC,PS2 versions for FIFA 07. It's the same bullshit elastic effect when you dribble the ball. The ball will again stick to your feet like a magnet and I'm sorry but that's absolute rubbish. They've only changed this in 360 version where the ball is a completely seperate entity.So it might be some way near close to PES gameplay.

This is for all PES/WE fanatics:
Would you be upset if Fifa07 came up with beautiful gameplay?
I know it problably wont, despiste everything they're saiyng about a whole new engine, 2 years working on a whole new game for the 360, ball physics like the real thing, bla bla...but thats not the point.
But seeing some of you guys posts gives me the impression that being a PES fan you gotta hate Fifa (or vive-versa), to the point of being glad when Fifa turns ou to be the same old shit.
I find that amuzing.
I'm a PES fanatic too, but i wouldn't mind if Fifa pulled out great!
That would mean 2 great footy games.

Totally agree thisempty, surely we're the winners if we get 2 decent games? I'm sure pes will still be better technically but if fifa plays well then I'll be happy to pass the time with that too.

Im hoping fifa will turn out to be a good game, not expecting pes level of gameplay but if it gets close it will be good enough for me (the marketing bullshit from fifa leaves me hopefull, although im still expecting the same ol shit). I am growing very tired of konami's lack of development of the single player element, ML, that i just wat fifa to be good so i can step over in the hope it will make konami actually develope the game. Instead of the laughble "improvements" they make outside of the gameplay.

On a side note; is there a forum option to ignore someone's posts in threads? If not it should be developed so i dont have to read the ramblings from m.evo

ronaldo10 said:
its all about money my friend;)
konami or any other company, want make any game looks or play preefect, as they want to fix it very slowly year by year, so that they can make lots lots of cash$$$$$$$$$
cos if they really really want to make massive improvments, gameplay or graphic wise, they could easly take they time and focus, then realise the game in 3-4 years time, but no company will do that mistake, cos that means lossing 3-4 years of millions$$$$$$$$$$$
why konami do that, if they still can sell the game anyways:salute: :roll:

WRONG.

The cost involved in upgrading a sports game when a new genration of consoles come out is huge.

Game Engine is always no.1 - being functional is crucial to long term success in a mutli-iteration game (READ: YEARLY SPORTS TITLE)

The "frilly bits" are always secondary (an amazing game has both functionality (engine) and form (graphics) - however a poor game emphasizes on graphics more to make the initial sales)

i didn't say tha fifa is better than "we" or "pes", i'm just saying that "we"/"pes" has stopped is evolution and i think that it's still miles away from the objective... cheers.

and for those of you who think that making the perfect game would mean a lost in profit, i really think you're wrong! making the the perfect game means control of the soccer games market, wich would mean lots and lots of money. so this puzzels me... why is it that konami chooses not to invest enough money to develop a game that woul assure the millions?! i really don't understand...

Think about the number of sales konami already has, the money ( or lack of) a tweaked version will costs vs the money a brand new version will cost. Konami is a business to make money. What are they to gain by making a brand new version? Are all the fifa fans suddenly gonna jump over? They arent now when pes is easily the better game, so why would they do it for a "new" version of a better game?

The main aspect fifa has, imo, over pes is teams and competitions. Something konami could easily fix with unlicensed teams and leagues being added (or even empty slots which editing can solve) and making a proper league/cup structure to match the real life one. Yet they dont even bother to fix this, which is a relatively easy and cheap way to make pes even better, so why would they even bother with a new game.

As for the perfect footie game, its not possible as perfection is a subjective view. What you could day is easily the best in all aspects, which imo would be we10 with fifa teams and options (leagues/cups/etc). They could make it, they just cant be bothered. When you here Seabass saying things like, "well we were planning on doing this, however time and lack of personnel has meant we have had to drop it to a later version" nobody should expect konami to do anything other then the minimum. Which is what they are doing now.

gragra said:
WRONG.

The cost involved in upgrading a sports game when a new genration of consoles come out is huge.

Game Engine is always no.1 - being functional is crucial to long term success in a mutli-iteration game (READ: YEARLY SPORTS TITLE)

The "frilly bits" are always secondary (an amazing game has both functionality (engine) and form (graphics) - however a poor game emphasizes on graphics more to make the initial sales)

Which part of ronaldo10's post is wrong? Your post just seems to back him up.

tiktiktiktik said:
When you here Seabass saying things like, "well we were planning on doing this, however time and lack of personnel has meant we have had to drop it to a later version" nobody should expect konami to do anything other then the minimum. Which is what they are doing now.

lol. thats so true. whats sad is if konami put in some real work and tried to raise the bar even higher, they could accomplish so much. Because right now i think the 'minimum' that konami will put out for pes6 will still be better than fifa. im sure konami will prove us all wrong.

SIKE!

So its confirmed that the PC version will be based on the PS2 version - not the 360 version? Surely a reasonable amount of people have PC's that could handle the 360's processor intensive requirements?

Originally Posted by tiktiktiktik
When you here Seabass saying things like, "well we were planning on doing this, however time and lack of personnel has meant we have had to drop it to a later version" nobody should expect konami to do anything other then the minimum. Which is what they are doing now.
-------------------------------------------------------------

that exactly what am talking about
remember pes3 they had striped shirts kits, then in pes4 striped kits desepired, they not stupit to forget them out, its konamis strategy, so they could put it back next version as an improved edit mode.
when they asked seaba in his last interwiev about the ML if it will be any improvments over the last version, he come up with some exciuse that they didn't had the time, (thats rubbish) but its in they future lines up. amen its nice to know konami will work on that(ML) next year, but its something that they could have done this year, then here u go next version when they will come up with an improved ML, so that they will called as an improvment, and so on, same goes with 1vs1 on XBL;) you see what i mean when i say konami take they time, its not that they can't, its just, they don't want to give everything streght away.
anyways i know i will be happy with the game as long as the gameplay is good, thats what counts the GAMEPLAY.
to answer the question to some people, that they belive konami is giving 100% to they new version, they are wrong:lmao:

Yeah that was so funny, or actually not funny, last year for pes5 when they announced a added feature as a big improvement (cant remember which one). So what was it? A option they had in pes3 and removed it in pes4! And according to their site and press ML had a, and i quote, "massive" improvement. So here we are reading thinking, yes! they have finnaly added bigger leagues, better euro competition set up etc. And what was it? A bigger development sheet for the youth players. Tnx sea_ass!

But most of you dont blast Konami - thats what I dont understand - Konami does one thing right (granted the most important thing) and EA do alot of things right except the most important thing.

Both companies business models dictate that will only improve their games incrementally. - booo major corporate structure.

What we need is for Microsoft (bent on global domination) to let a team like Bungie set out to make the best game going with all the aspects we want. - Then EA and Konami will have no choice to pull out all their tricks or shut up shop.

Join EA and Konami together and you would get the most Awesome football game ever! full licenses, good presentation, decent commentators, the best Gameplay on any football title and wouldnt it just be amazing!

DJ

To me it still looks like a slightly tweaked FIFA 06 at best which is rather annoying...

DJ

thisempty said:
This is for all PES/WE fanatics:
Would you be upset if Fifa07 came up with beautiful gameplay?
I know it problably wont, despiste everything they're saiyng about a whole new engine, 2 years working on a whole new game for the 360, ball physics like the real thing, bla bla...but thats not the point.
But seeing some of you guys posts gives me the impression that being a PES fan you gotta hate Fifa (or vive-versa), to the point of being glad when Fifa turns ou to be the same old shit.
I find that amuzing.
I'm a PES fanatic too, but i wouldn't mind if Fifa pulled out great!
That would mean 2 great footy games.

i hate ea. i do. because out of all the companies, they are the worst at slowing down advancement for money's sake. they dont just hold back features. they sometime take away! because they know the game will sell regardless.

yes every other ocmpany does it. but ea do it too much and all their games in recent years have mostly been bad. or simply the same as previous versions.

but if you ask me, a total ea hater that if fifa turned out to be brillaint. much better than pes6 would i be upset......HELL NO. i would buy it in an instant. if it got amazing reviews and most people said it was better than pes6 i would deffo buy it and be happy that this year heir will eb two top class football games.

HOWEVER i would be willing to bet mine and my families lives that that will definetly not be the case. this happens every year. it could be great and worth the purchase along with pes6. but its fifa. and when they say the totally revamped it they mean they have tweaked it. when they say they have amazing new features. they have a few first touch gimmicks and maybe a 'crib mode'.

just like last year and the year before fifa being hyped to beat pro evo will tun out to be a let down.

I would love for EA to finally come up with a better game.

Mr. Seabass please fuckin stop puttin out a re-made WE6 each year and make a new game.

WE is a great game and don't get me wrong, it was way ahead of its time 10 years ago but it's not moving in the right direction at this point.

WE10 didn't even last me 1 month. I'm tired of playing the same shit over and over and over again.

It's time to start the series from scratch. So I'm hoping that WE11 for PS3 will be the beginning of something new.

jumbo said:
WE is a great game and don't get me wrong, it was way ahead of its time 10 years ago but it's not moving in the right direction at this point.

WE10 didn't even last me 1 month. I'm tired of playing the same shit over and over and over again.

It's time to start the series from scratch. So I'm hoping that WE11 for PS3 will be the beginning of something new.
:applause: Took the words right out of my mouth. I won the Master League eight years ago. I'd like to try and win something else now please.

Back
Top Bottom