E3 2010 - The Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, but that's if you already have Playstation Eye, otherwise that'll be another $29.99. And at least another set of controls. It'll get expensive.

Why would anyone pay $29.99 for the camera? They've been out for years and you can pick one up for way less than that.

kids games?

The fitness game looked great but it's out soon and they're still not showing us actual real full gameplay. They had a few racing bits but no explanation of how the accelerate and brake and what was up with having to shout 'drift' to drift? Worrying

I wouldn't say kids games at all but nevermind.

Not sure they had to shout anything to drift, you do drifting in Joyride by tilting your body.

It must be written into their contracts that they have do talk the numbers every single year, so boring!!!

Why would anyone pay $29.99 for the camera? They've been out for years and you can pick one up for way less than that.

Well, for a fair comparison it's only logical to use the price for new, and not uses, pieces of hardware. Still, even if you pick it up for just, say $15, it's still 80+80+15..

I see Rad the fanboy is back.

Because I'm giving my opinion on a few games and talking about pricing? It's not like ive been saying that this conference was amazing or anything. It's been a little dull so far. Way down on last years level.

Though I remember you said the same about me last year when I said Alan Wank looked a bit naff and funnily enough it turned out to be true.

Well, for a fair comparison it's only logical to use the price for new, and not uses, pieces of hardware. Still, even if you pick it up for just, say $15, it's still 80+80+15..
Why 2 80's? No one NEEDS two lots of controllers. I mean Natal works for 4 players so why not make it 80 x 4 + the camera.

PS3 pads are like £34.99 so paying about the same for the orb controller and less for the nunchuck isn't a big deal.

Last edited:
Kinect only needs the camera, so where's the x4 for that? It's one flat price for the camera and it supports numerous players without extra hardware.

You still like defending Sony and saying the 360 is shit.

Well that's just you reading into things too much. I'm talking figures just for fun. Nothing to do with a console war between xbox and 360. this could be the cost of carrots vs peas. I don;t think xbox had a good conference, and so far i dont think sony's has been that great either. It looks like nintendo has had the best one for me.. so i guess im a nintendo fanboy now huh huh

My comment to Dags was just because I wondered why he was lured in to natal on a few vids without the real full picture yet over a few quick clips of motion controller games on the ps3. No big deal... just wondered what he'd seen on natal that he hadn't seen on these games.

Kinect only needs the camera, so where's the x4 for that? It's one flat price for the camera and it supports numerous players without extra hardware.

That was my point exactly. The 4 x 80 is the ps3 side. I was saying why has he picked that you NEED 2 lots of orb and nunchuck for the ps3 and then compare that cost to natals camera. So i wondered why he hadn't picked 4 lots of 80.

---------

Medal of honour.

Why show a multiplat? EA should have just shown this themselves.

Last edited:
It is funny seeing MS and Sony trying to get some of the Wii crowd. Both of them have got no chance in getting these people move over from there Wii's. People who play Wii Sports and Wii Fit every few months do not give a damn if the controls are bit better or the graphics are in HD.

They are not gonna lay down another £200+ for something they already have at home.

If you can't beat them, join em.

They could have changed the font at least.

It is funny seeing MS and Sony trying to get some of the Wii crowd. Both of them have got no chance in getting these people move over from there Wii's. People who play Wii Sports and Wii Fit every few months do not give a damn if the controls are bit better or the graphics are in HD.

They are not gonna lay down another £200+ for something they already have at home.

£200+?

Maybe they're aiming at people like me who used to have a wii but no longer do (or have never had one) and would rather pay less for some controllers than the cost of the wii + extra controllers.

Dead Space? more multiplat :(

Hmm we've seen these MOH and Dead Space 2 vids already last night.

Why 2 80's? No one NEEDS two lots of controllers. I mean Natal works for 4 players so why not make it 80 x 4 + the camera.

Because (of experience from the Wii) people will need two sets of controls while few will need four sets. The point is I think most people will buy the camera+two sets (on average) which makes it more expensive than the rumored price for the Kinect, which has had quite a lot of complaints about that price while I've heard very few complaints about the price of Move.

Because (of experience from the Wii) people will need two sets of controls while few will need four sets. The point is I think most people will buy the camera+two sets (on average) which makes it more expensive than the rumored price for the Kinect, which has had quite a lot of complaints about that price while I've heard very few complaints about the price of Move.

You need multiple on the Wii because online play is terribly bad to get going. Ob PS3, you just hit 'online; and you're away.

Maybe you've hardly heard complaints about the move price because they've only JUST announced it.

£200+?

Maybe they're aiming at people like me who used to have a wii but no longer do (or have never had one) and would rather pay less for some controllers than the cost of the wii + extra controllers.

Dead Space? more multiplat :(

£200+ for casual wii gamers who dont own 360's or PS3's. Thats the market MS and Sony are hoping to cross over.

he's playing DS2 live. Was it the same section at EAs?

Exactly the same section, EA's was longer tho.

On another note, does anyone here whoop when they're excited? These crowds are annoying.

Hmmm, I've never played Portal. I guess I should.

No never though I'll let them off with Gabe coming out on the PS3 stage. that's insane.

Portal 2... if they can get move to work with it, that would be awesome.

It's not exactly the same for DS2. It ended with a cliffhanger, the big monster, and we had the rest of the action today.

Assassins creed looks like its lost the plot. morphing into disguises!? dumb.

Bring back HITMAN

You need multiple on the Wii because online play is terribly bad to get going. Ob PS3, you just hit 'online; and you're away.

Perhaps, but I still think most people will prefer offline play with something like Move (and Kinect and Wii).

Yes, they just announced the price for Move but there's been rumors for quite some time, and they've been pretty close to what was announced.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom