1. We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners. Learn More.

DVD media for burning

Discussion in 'Winning Eleven' started by handak9, 21 August 2005.

1. handak9

handak9 Non-League

30 May 2003
    I have patched my copy of WE9 and i have been playing with it for a little while and noticed that it crashed every now and again.

Wondering if there is a particular make of writable dvd media that is better for use with the PS2.

2. Ashed

Ashed 01000001011100110110100

29 January 2003
    Bangkok, Thailand
    Manchester United
    I just use some cheap DVD-R's and they seem to work fine.

3. scouser_jmc

scouser_jmc Guest

i use sony, £5 for 5 which work perfectly

4. cigol

cigol League 1

14 August 2003
    I use Tesco DVDs and they work fine. about 9 pounds for 25.

5. Ghost of a Bullet

Ghost of a Bullet Conference

12 October 2004
    Manchester
    Man Utd
    I don't use cheap discs, I want to keep my laser in full working order, I use RiDisc (purple die) they are probably the best discs you can use for PS2, £5 for 25 from blankmediacompany.co.uk

6. cigol

cigol League 1

14 August 2003
    Laser isn't a problem to replace as far as I know, and I haven't had a problem myself with cheap media - maybe it's the burn speed, and more importantly the DVD writer itself that plays a bigger part?

7. handak9

handak9 Non-League

30 May 2003
    I burned at 2x and have a toshiba dvd writer which by several reviews is the best you can get at the moment. I may try the dvd's ghost suggests.

8. crayon

crayon Yamato Gaijin

23 October 2004
    Hokkaido Japan
    Liverpool FC
    Riteks are best.

9. Artist

Artist Guest

TDK works like a original PS2 DVD.. use it. They´re not cheap but using TDK you´re almost using original DVD. I am using DataWrite right now and they work fine too but I must recognize TDK ownz.

10. cigol

cigol League 1

14 August 2003
    Tesco are doing a deal for buy one get one free, and TDK are some of the types on offer. They were cleared off the shelf when I got back for another pair though :(

11. bummy_jab

bummy_jab League 2

9 August 2004
    Try to burn at 1x than.... I burned WE8LE twice with a big patch and the game didnt work or stutterd and froze at times..... I than tried a third time making sure I patched correctly and burned at the slowest speed avialble and the game works superfine..... im using DVD+R memorex