Driving....

I'm the man, Coopz is the woman and DJdoc is our lovechild. The physics are beautiful.

Ill be taking my full motorcycle license test soon. Theory 1st on the 23rd July... just hope I pass, my parents have just passed their full tests.

I passed my test on monday 31st july, 4 weeks after i failed my first:(. but i've been driving near 2 weeks and now it not as exciting as before:lol:

just a little bump ton inform you all

Passed my theory test today (YAY!)

33/35 on the questions
63/75 on the hazard perception

not too far off getting my practical booked now I don't think

Well I feel like a dumbass! I have failed my motorcycle Theory Test twice now with the same score for the 1st part 27/35! Passed the video bit on both occasions though...

Friday is the third and final time ill be taking it!

If you haven't seen Napoleon Dynamite, stop whatever you're doing, drop the papers, get your keys and your wallet, walk out, go to Blockbuster, rent it, go home and watch it.

DO NOT DO THAT................... EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I watched the first half hour of it and thought it was shite

If only I had quit then I would of been a happy man.

It comes good in the end. One of the best films I've ever watched, and what made it even better was that I'd never heard of it, saw a link on Google that said "the most underrated film of all time" and thought "I'm bored, let's see it". Wasn't expecting much, and I was gobsmacked at how good it was.

Seriously, are you on drugs? It comes to a good end, the only thing about it being a good end is that it is over.

I dont want to waste any more of my life watching it thanks :)

Still trying to figure out who I can sue to get those 80 odd minutes of my life back.............

Okay, I'll rephrase that ten year old post (isn't there a rule on this forum about reviving dead topics?). If you're under the age of 50, you need to see it. Otherwise you'll want to sue to get those 80 odd minutes of your life back (and then add fifty dots at the end of your sentence rather than three).....................................................................................................................................................................

Tis not a ten year old post first off, as to my post style, so fuck........

This is the OT area, where pretty much everything goes OT at some stage or another, I saw the post at the top of this page and wondered what movie it was, and have to agree with Coopz and CW.

Twas sarcasm, keep your flapjack and your cigarette in Goldilocks............ ;) (Smiley added out of necessity)

Last edited:
Arent cars just great at times? The amount I have spent on mine and the missus's MG ZR since we got it 3 months ago! 5 Grand for the car, then 700 To get the power steering fixed. Now the exhaust is making the car sound like a V8 when in truth its a 2.0 TDI X-race.... Also some twat has damaged my bonnet and left a nasty gauge in it! So I am nearly spending half of what the car is worth on Maintenance and general repairs!

Also I got a puncture last week on the same tyre twice (not just the original repair buggered but a new one!)

Great fun!

I should be getting my company car shortly, just waiting for paperwork to go through. I'm eligible for an Astra 5-door 1.7 CDTi apparantly. I'm pretty nervous about driving to and from work as I only passed my test just over a week ago and never did motorway driving, and I'd have to drive between Liverpool airport and Warrington. Not much of a drive (maybe 15/20 mins on average?) but still daunting being in a car on my own etc.

Snoop you will be alright mate. I can remember the very 1st time I drove on my own (had to follow my parents who were taking my 1st car to its MOT [Mini]) it was well weird. No one telling me what to do and it was all down to me... but you will be fine mate.

Cheers mate. My girlfriend has said when I get my car, she'll get the train to work that day and meet me after work so I can drive back with her. I'll be a bit more confident with her there to guide me if I get stuck on motorway stuff but I reckon I'll be alright really.

Funny because I'm nervous, but well excited at the same time :)

You need a girl to help you drive?! Something is seriously wrong, make sure she doesnt mess with your mirror to do her make up touch up!

Anyway, motorway is probably the easiest road to drive on, only faster. Nothing really happens, and the majority of people on there arent paying much attention anyway. Just dont be scared to move from lane to lane.

Also dont speed :) I know you might see others doing it but trust me dont do it. I got done for speeding back in 2004 and some twat in a multicoloured Fiat was doing much fast than me and pulling away from me when the copper was doing his speed check! he reckoned I was doing 95MPH..I was actually (im not lying) doing about 80. Yet the guy ahead of me got away with it?

Yeah I've been warned about speeding etc. 6 points in your first two years and you get banned from driving and your licence taken away. Which is two offenses really, good way to make sure you stay on top of your speed etc.

Just pay attention when driving. Im a serial speeder (20km/h = 13mph) faster on 100km/h motorways and usually 130-135 on 120km/h motorways. In the 7 odd years ive been driving ive got a speeding ticket once (from a radarcamera). I nearly always see them on time. Although I dont go overboard with speeding and Im a fairly considerate driver aswell so it doesnt attract attention. Over here in NL you have quite a lot of temporary speeding camera's along the motorways and a number of undercover cars driving about. But they only stop you if you go 30+ kmh faster then whats allowed and/or are driving recklessly.

The main aspect when driving, for me, is trying to keep your patience with people/drivers who obviously arent paying attention/are doing other things while driving. If you can keep that under control and just pay attention and be considerate you should be fine. Oh and have some spatial insight, but being a guy you are ahead of the other half on that anyway.

I would just treat everyone as an idiot. Think to yourself "are they going to cut me up? pull out in front of me? or overtake in a stupid place?" I like tik have been driving for nearly 7 years and got 1 Speeding ticket back in 2004 but have had no major problems since.

Well, seen as the topics been bumped, I may as well comment.

I did a mock test about a month ago, and just fell to pieces, but since then. I've been driving almost flawlessly I'd say. We went over what I cocked up on in one lesson, and then since then, brilliant, and I'm actually enjoying my lessons now.

Test is getting booked on Tuesday, so its just dependant on what the waiting list is like.

Back
Top Bottom