Driving....

20 million points for running over Wankabreakz :lol:

God this reminds me of good ol' Carmageddon...... should make learner drivers play that classic :)

Christ this assault on NinjaBreakz is going way too far man! I agree with having a little joke here and there but you guys always seem to attack him.. why?

Dj

Because its funny. You should see the stuff he hits us back with.

And back to the subject of driving, is it me or do TAXI DRIVERS think they have the god given right to do whatever they want on the road regardless of what it says in the Highway Code? Twice yesterday I nearly got cut up by two taxi's, and a third pulled out right in front of me from a junction just as I was chugging along at 60mph, forcing me to give the ABS a good fucking workout. When will they ever learn?

dont drive!!!

in my first 3 months, i got 3 points and £60 fine, noooo
For driving through a red light, didnt even see the bugger, But my brother did, that was after i went through it though, "joe red light there".

now insurance for cars are gay for me, stuck with this heep of shit of a clio.

Joe hasn't quite reached the "cam belt snapped so I'm selling it on eBay" stage yet! :lol:

I know up here we've got some great roads to drive on but the problem is that there are fucking TWATSO's all over the place, all because the chief cunt-stable of the police force is so obsessed with speed cameras (fucking wanker). But them Plastic Scallies are just as bad, I was on the A41 the other day, and they've even got cameras by the traffic lights! :shock:

And following on from Branyik's experiences with a shitty Clio, here's a tip for all you budding drivers when it comes to buying your first car - DON'T BUY ANYTHING FRENCH, just don't, otherwise it'll all end in tears.

I know up here we've got some great roads to drive on but the problem is that there are fucking TWATSO's all over the place, all because the chief cunt-stable of the police force is so obsessed with speed cameras (fucking wanker). But them Plastic Scallies are just as bad, I was on the A41 the other day, and they've even got cameras by the traffic lights! :shock:

And following on from Branyik's experiences with a shitty Clio, here's a tip for all you budding drivers when it comes to buying your first car - DON'T BUY ANYTHING FRENCH, just don't, otherwise it'll all end in tears.

Motorist's are easy targets for the Police putting big numbers into their so called clean up rates, beats running down billy burglar... Not to mention the slush money!

As for the French motors I would have to agree given my experience with the two I have had, shocking things... :lol:

The biggest mistake the government did was to let the plod keep the revenue generated from speed cameras, for old Dickie Dumbstrom it was like being given a licence to print money. Maybe because it ALLEGEDLY* fuels the plod top brass' cocaine habits. Things got bad to the point where they stuck one of the hideous orangey-yellow boxes on a straight part of the road in the village where I live, though imagine my delight one morning when the aforementioned "piggybank" was covered in yellow paint, no doubt the work of a few disgruntled motorists who raided a council resource for making the traffic warden-friendly double yellow lines. Other crimes in this area keep increasing, burglaries, chavs, race riots, you name it - plod don't give a fuck, but if you do 35mph in a built up area, £60 and 3 points on your licence before you can blink!

Thankfully in the 9 years that I have been on the road I have not had any problems with any of the cars that I have owned, mainly because they've either been British or Japanese. I know a few people who have got French cars and all of them have got problems in some way or another. My cousin bought a Pug, within 2 weeks he had to have a new back box for his exhaust because it fell off, the clutch is knackered, and the passenger door won't lock when pressing the key fob. He took it to a mechanic who told him very bluntly "I know why you've got these problems - it's a FRENCH CAR!" :lol:

*I use the term allegedly in the style of how they used to say it on Have I Got News For You, on the advice of my solicitor. Don't want a libel trial do we?

Last edited by a moderator:
matherto pal, are you still doing the lesson? and if so how are they going?

matherto pal, are you still doing the lesson? and if so how are they going?

Still having lessons yeah, about to put in for my theory, and I've been told I only need to do observations and then I've covered everything before I should be okay for taking the test.

It's strange though, because I feel as if I'm nowhere near ready, I'm still making the same mistakes I always have done, I've never had one lesson where I've been able to work the clutch properly all the time, and it generally seems to me like I'm missing lots of things to make me a proper driver.

I guess I need to go out with my parents and practise a bit more in between lessons.

Still having lessons yeah, about to put in for my theory, and I've been told I only need to do observations and then I've covered everything before I should be okay for taking the test.

It's strange though, because I feel as if I'm nowhere near ready, I'm still making the same mistakes I always have done, I've never had one lesson where I've been able to work the clutch properly all the time, and it generally seems to me like I'm missing lots of things to make me a proper driver.

I guess I need to go out with my parents and practise a bit more in between lessons.

Get in for the theory m8;) the question's on it are supposed to be going up and making it harder.

I passed my theory on my second attempt on the 27th april (33/35 and 48/75).i failed it two weeks before ( 29/35 and 57/75).

If your instuctor think's your ready you will be.

You sound abit like myself, i don't think i'm ready for my test, but it's booked and it's a 6 week waiting list here so i'm worried i'll fail my first and have too wait ages for another date:(.

I could'nt go out with my parents, i think i'd learn too many bad habits and they would not really be sure of what the rules of your driving test our. As where you have a adi(Approved Driving Instructor) who teaches you and knows all the rules and what the examinier would expect you too do in your test.

;) Get in for the theory pal.

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys, I failed 3 times on the account of my instructor saying "Your ready" Back in July 2001. I passed on the 4th test in October 2001 and on that test I really did think I was ready and I nailed the test, I even picked up on one part of the test where he was blatantly trying to trick me and I realised it (Involving stopping in a section with a yellow line). If your not ready and your anxious it will show in your driving style and also with your decision making. Have more lessons before taking the test if your not sure.

Guys, I failed 3 times on the account of my instructor saying "Your ready" Back in July 2001. I passed on the 4th test in October 2001 and on that test I really did think I was ready and I nailed the test, I even picked up on one part of the test where he was blatantly trying to trick me and I realised it (Involving stopping in a section with a yellow line). If your not ready and your anxious it will show in your driving style and also with your decision making. Have more lessons before taking the test if your not sure.

Maybe the first three cars didn't have the right physics?\\:o/

Well yeah that would also help... thinking about it your Pink Triangle isnt physically right....

Now that persons dancing seems to have the right Physics.. is he starting an ABBA revival or something?

If you haven't seen Napoleon Dynamite, stop whatever you're doing, drop the papers, get your keys and your wallet, walk out, go to Blockbuster, rent it, go home and watch it.

Tried three tests and gave up; I was way, way too nervous. It was never because I was worried about my ability - it's other people. Some of the things you get taught are new things that older drivers just don't do, and if you've both got different rulebooks then it's going to lead to an accident.

There's too many maniacs on the road; and with all of the car tax, petrol tax, £1-per-mile tax (or whatever it is)... I'll be sticking to a bike.

It's a great feeling to drive though, don't get me wrong. If I won the lottery and could just drive on racetracks, then I'd take lessons again in a second.

I see exactly what you mean, there's so many idiots on the roads these days.

I have my test coming up, I aint nervous at all, I just know I'm gonna be failed on some crap like sitting at a roundabout for too long because women just do not understand the importance of indicating at roundabouts!

If you haven't seen Napoleon Dynamite, stop whatever you're doing, drop the papers, get your keys and your wallet, walk out, go to Blockbuster, rent it, go home and watch it.

I watched the first half hour of it and thought it was shite

It comes good in the end. One of the best films I've ever watched, and what made it even better was that I'd never heard of it, saw a link on Google that said "the most underrated film of all time" and thought "I'm bored, let's see it". Wasn't expecting much, and I was gobsmacked at how good it was.

Anyway, never mind, off-topic.

It comes good in the end. One of the best films I've ever watched, and what made it even better was that I'd never heard of it, saw a link on Google that said "the most underrated film of all time" and thought "I'm bored, let's see it". Wasn't expecting much, and I was gobsmacked at how good it was.

Anyway, never mind, off-topic.

I dont want to waste any more of my life watching it thanks :)

Good luck to all those who are taking their driving tests anytime soon

Back
Top Bottom