dribble speed vs top speed?

napo_rz

League 2
12 January 2008
so I'm failed to understand how a player could have faster speed when dribbling compared to off the ball?

see, it's silly but I've just discovered this (dribble speed vs top speed thingy) :P but then messi is faster with the ball than not... this confused me...

do these numbers are the from same measures? or are they horribly misleading?

All I can tell you is that it's physically impossible to be quicker with the ball than without it.

Dribble Speed (DS) determines the rate of movement with the ball relative to Player Speed (PS).

This basically means that with PS being the upper limit, how fast the player moves when controlling the ball.

For example: A player with 90 PS and 90 DS will move faster with the ball than a player with 99PS and 30 DS (think of the DS as a percentage of the PS), whereas off the ball, the Player with 99 PS will be faster.

Does it make sense?

so which one is faster, a player with 80 TS & 90 DS or another with 90 TS & 80 DS?

so which one is faster, a player with 80 TS & 90 DS or another with 90 TS & 80 DS?
Off the ball, the 90 TS player would be faster.

On the ball, they'd be about the same.

I've always thought of the "dribble speed" attribute as the percentage of the top speed a player can run with the ball at their feet.

Off the ball, the 90 TS player would be faster.

On the ball, they'd be about the same.

I've always thought of the "dribble speed" attribute as the percentage of the top speed a player can run with the ball at their feet.

Exactly, it is like that!

For example: A player with 90 PS and 90 DS will move faster with the ball than a player with 99PS and 30 DS (think of the DS as a percentage of the PS), whereas off the ball, the Player with 99 PS will be faster.

Does it make sense?

Exactly this.

And remember, as well, dribble/player acceleration are as important. Speed deals with the players top speed, acceleration is how long he takes to get to that top speed.

I find accceleration as important off the ball, someone with a high top speed and low acceleration isn't ideal.

Of the ball the 90 TS will be faster, but if you think well There´s no way that a player with 80 Top Speed has 90 Dribble speed, because no one runs faster with the ball than without.

The DS ALWAYS has to be lower or equal to TS, there´s no other way.

Of the ball the 90 TS will be faster, but if you think well There´s no way that a player with 80 Top Speed has 90 Dribble speed, because no one runs faster with the ball than without.

The DS ALWAYS has to be lower or equal to TS, there´s no other way.

Nope, it is not like that.
As a couple explained here before, DS is influenced by the top speed. If the player has a 80 TS, can have 85 DS, but that does not mean that he is faster with the ball than without it (that is impossible), what it means is that 85 is a percentage of that 80 TS. Lets say, 85% of that Top Speed...
Dont know if I made myself clear or I made a mess LOL

Back
Top Bottom