1. We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners. Learn More.

Downtime...

Discussion in 'The Site' started by CW, 27 September 2006.

1. CW

CW C Dub Founding Member

6 October 2001
    Liverpool
    Apparently a rather large glitch occured at around midnight Monday that put the site out of action for a bit, all is now fine.

I would like to thank all those people who MSN'ed me to tell me that the site was down even though I wasnt actually sat at my pc, MSN decided to sign me in of its own accord. It was nice coming home to about 20 messages all saying the same thing ;)

2. Mart

Mart Executive Janitor Staff

28 February 2002
    NYC
    Darlington FC
    The search feature is currently in a none working state, it'll be fixed later on today. Let us know if anything else seems a bit broked.

3. CW

CW C Dub Founding Member

6 October 2001
    Liverpool
    There is summat not right when you post a message either, you get the database error....

4. Big Boss

Big Boss KJH = The Hunter!

23 July 2003
    The Netherlands
    Ajax & Strasbourg
    Theres lots of double posting going on around the site, some error must be occurring.

5. PetrovLFC

PetrovLFC Raul!

13 March 2005
    NW London
    Liverpool
    and double posts? :D

6. Mart

28 February 2002
    NYC
    Darlington FC
    The database error should be fixed, it's all tied in to the search index problem.

7. JayM

JayM International

17 April 2004
    North Yorkshire
    Celtic
    Good to see we can post again. :D

8. Chris Davies

Chris Davies Chief PESsimist Staff

14 May 2003
    Tranmere Rovers
    That's 48 hours I've had without Evo-Web, I demand compensation. Do you guys think I have a life?? :(

9. CW

CW C Dub Founding Member

6 October 2001
    Liverpool
    With the amount of messages you sent me I know you dont :D

10. Mart

28 February 2002
    NYC
    Darlington FC
    The search is back, that should please the person that uses that feature. All badness should now be eradicated.

11. Chris Davies

14 May 2003
    Tranmere Rovers
    Excellent stuff! Cheers Mart. :)

12. Chris Davies

14 May 2003
    Tranmere Rovers
    Excellent stuff! Cheers Mart. :)

13. Mart

28 February 2002
    NYC
    Darlington FC
    There goes your compensation.

14. Chris Davies

14 May 2003
    Tranmere Rovers
    A copy of PES3 signed by CWright is not compensation.

15. CW

CW C Dub Founding Member

6 October 2001
    Liverpool
    It was PES4

16. Chris Davies

14 May 2003
    Tranmere Rovers
    Seriously, right (don't go thinking I'm Dermot in disguise), I dreamt last night that Boro (for those who remember him) gave me a phone call and said to come and help him because "Chris, Mart and LemonJelly won't drink my tea, they're saying they don't like tea any more". So I went to see him and he was at this castle. He'd put graffiti on the wall saying "BORO FOREVER", and he said to me "they're in this castle, go and ask them if they'd like a cup of tea". So I went in, asked Chris if he wanted a cup of tea, and he just stared at me for ten seconds, before saying "cut ear". I said "pardon", he laughed, and I realised he'd said "cup of tea yeah" in a tiny tiny voice. So I said to Boro "what's the problem, they like tea!" when Mart shouted "CLOSE THE DOORS AND BAN THEM FROM EVO-WEB". The door closed quickly and pushed me into this moat around the castle and drowned, with Boro looking at me, shaking his head and going "I wanted to give them my tea, not your tea, you BASTARD", and I also noticed blood coming from behind my ears. That's when I realised I might have been murdered. Then I woke up.

(Incidentally, I've never seen Mart or LemonJelly, but in my dream they both looked like a shaved David Tennant in a James Bond style suit, Mart's hair as black as the pits of hell, LemonJelly's hair like a tidal wave of mud)

I swear to God, that's absolutely true. Which proves my point about having no life and how I need compensation for the next time this happens.