Downtime 7th-10th June

Mart

Executive Janitor
Staff
28 February 2002
NYC
Darlington FC
So you may have noticed we were down for a while there. There was a change in hosting that unfortunately was carried out without my involvement so it was missing the latest backup and required DNS changes etc. that had not been made.

I then closed the forum and got a new backup taken and restored (this one!) so we did lose some posts from earlier this week but only on the day that the site was in a strange half-moved state (7th June).

Please let me know if anything seems broken.

I am also investigating other hosting options now as I'm not happy with how this was handled (and I also don't like not having control but that's a matter for a therapist).

• Staff
Yesterday's posts were lost but as most people didn't have access I decided to go ahead and use the backup I already had.

We're on a completely new server so please expect teething problems. It is under my control, though, so will be able to fix things now.

Sorry again for the hassle.

According to Forbes, Mart is the 378547576594823rd richest man on Earth, so I don't see any problems on that front. For now.

LOL! Well if the collection plate is ever needed I'll be happy to contribute something :) BTW New server seems much faster for me, obviously not a busy day but still very responsive :)

• Staff
Thank you for the offer!

At the moment it's me paying for it again. It's not too much but I was thinking of putting something up for optional donations or something along those lines.

I want to let things settle and see how it all performs now we moved it, it is quick right now and hopefully it remains that way.

Maybe you can tell us how much you pay for one Year. In my Opinion it is not fair that one Person pays the Bill for US. I am willing to donate because this Forum is the best Forum for PES!!!

Maybe you can tell us how much you pay for one Year. In my Opinion it is not fair that one Person pays the Bill for US. I am willing to donate because this Forum is the best Forum for PES!!!

I think I love you.

You're all very kind! I will work something out and add some links soon.

Back
Top Bottom