Does the PSP version blow this bad?

Blublub

Conference
17 May 2002
Just got PES6 PSP. I couldn't wait to FINALLY play with a wide view and all modes. However, after just a few matches it certainly seems to me that the gameplay is totally broken. It's far too easy on "Amateur" and anything above that the CPU will intercept EVERY pass and become a tackling monster. Meanwhile, CPU-controlled guys on your side will just sit there instead of going on runs or trying to stop down the opposition attack.

Is there something I'm missing or is this the worst KCET gameplay ever?

Is there something I'm missing?

talent maybe...

Serious, i don't consider myself a very good player (and that is an understatement).
I have the game less tha a week and i have won the Konami Cup with Boca Junios and the World Cup with Ghana..i play "regular"...

With Ghana , i won 4-1 against Germany...with Boca i won al my matches...home and away...

when i got pes6 on the psp i did not like it until i changed to semi fixed cursor and played on 6 stars. it is so much better. give it a try on the master league with original teams, it plays alot better.

Damo

Is there actually a 6 stars option? I'm not aware of one and am playing on Top Player level.

The game's not that bad once you get used to it, but the crummy PSP controls make it harder than it really should be. My flank players often inadvertently run the ball into touch #-o

its not that bad in terms of gameplay but in terms of atmosphere it absolutely stinks, i mean really stinks. i know its not the most important aspect of the game but when you think about it its just LAME,

- 1 stadium, 1 stadium!!! are konami just lazy? or do they think we are moronic fanboys who will buy the game no matter what they do? why can fifa 07 feature every single stadium from the console version? i would love to know.

- no commentary, fair enough the commentary on the console version is lame but the the few words spoken here when you score actually make it worse than if there was no commentary at all. its just LAME.

- no broadcast atmosphere at all. no entrance scenes, minimal stat overlays, limited camera angles. the wide angle is good but my god the slow down is frustrating. absolutely nothing has been added in this category since last year. in the ps2 version the entrance scene featured league standings and related results. nothing like that here.

when psp games are good they are make you forget your playing on a handheld and immerse you as if your playing on a console. for examples of this check out either Grand Theft Auto title, Syphon Filter and even FIFA 07. pro evo just feels like a severely stripped port. ill still play and enjoy it but konami really need to pull their finger out next year. they may still have the gameplay edge on EA and fifa but in terms of providing an immersive console like experience they are miles behind the eight ball. miles.

Guffers I totally agree. Too many negatives which frustrate. However it's still has me (and i'm sure thousand others) playing and if Konami look at sales they know that even with minimal changes PES fans are loyal and will stick with the game.

Back
Top Bottom