Does it make sense to buy PES 2011 UK import? (In the USA)

zurdo82

Non-League
26 April 2002
Centreville, VA
Universitario/Barça/Boca
Hi all,
So, PES 2011 is about to be released. I live in the US and I have always bought the American version of the game for the PS3. This year, I'm tempted to get an import (and convince my friends to get an import as well).
Why? Because as far as I can see, the Option files that I can find here are mostly available for the UK version. I would have more options to customize the game.

Unknowns:
I don't know how PES connects to the Sony servers (or Konami servers, I don't recall if they made the switch in PES 2010).
Is it based on my location? It based on the game? Is it based on my login?
I wouldn't mind playing against Europeans. In fact, my online experience might improve. A lot of PES 2010 online players are in South America and the most of their connections are awful. I'm restricted to a selected few who live in North America or that have a decent connection. I simply don't want to get stuck with american servers for a game that barely has any users. (UK version in the USA)

So, has anybody else in the USA imported their previous PES games?(PS3) Would you miss anything that the American version might have? (extra languages?) Last but not least, any recommendations on where to import the game from?

I apologize if this has been asked before. I tried running a search with no luck (no meaningful results).

Thanks,
Alonso

PS: Can't wait to check out the demo next week!

I bought the import version last year from cdwow and I didn't feel like I missed anything in the American version. As for online play, I never played so I couldn't tell you how bad lag would be. I'd say go for it, the OF are much better for the UK version.

Sent from my Droid Incredible

I always bought the PS3 uk version for the option files. e.g. scottish league and championship league.
But since the Xbox 360 option files work for any version and the new USB option and better analogue sticks wont bother anymore.

i am interested in the uk pes for ps3 but if you can only play online in uk i dont know. are there also different official patches in uk from usa?

It isn't only UK restricted guys. For example, last year there were 2 European versions, one had UK (English), Sweden, Russia, etc and the other one had Germany, France, Holland, Portugal, Spain, etc. So people from the other European version couldn't download the OFs of the 1st European version.

This year, from what I can tell from the demo, UK (English) come along with German, French, Spanish, Portuguese, etc. So I don't think people from other western European countries will have a problem this year with OFs :)

Thanks everyone for the replies.
I'm still not a 100% certain on what I will do. The online experience is still my biggest concern (that, and being able to convince 4-5 other people - not an easy task.)
I can't wait to check out the demo in the next few hours!
Thanks again!

As an Australian that played laggy online games vs UK players, having to find fellow Australians was the only way I could get a lag-free game...

(Bear in mind Australia did not get it's own region version, or Australian Servers! So I HAD to buy a UK version)

... so personally, especially if playing online - I would say go with your U.S. version as you'll play with no-lag vs fellow U.S.?

I imported pes2010 from UK last year. Advantages were the option files and ability to find more players online (cannot play online with US players unless they also have European version). Online was hit or miss. Random matches were 50% successful. Lobby online matches were 70% successful. Biggest problem was that most Europeans would see me as having an awful connection and wouldn't want to accept a game with me (though most of the times I did not suffer lag). Online is supposed to be fixed this year but of course, they've said that every year. We'll see.

One question that I used to know the answer to but have now forgotten. In PES 2010, could someone with the UK version play online against someone with the European version (i.e., PES purchased in Spain). I know option files weren't compatible but can't remember if online was. Would greatly appreciate an answer as my friend purchased the spain version and I was thinking of buying the UK version (cheaper).

One question that I used to know the answer to but have now forgotten. In PES 2010, could someone with the UK version play online against someone with the European version (i.e., PES purchased in Spain). I know option files weren't compatible but can't remember if online was. Would greatly appreciate an answer as my friend purchased the spain version and I was thinking of buying the UK version (cheaper).

I was able to play against Europeans from the US with the UK PC version.

Last year I got the UK version of PES 2010. I wasn't able to play against American counterparts only Europeans.

So unless its fixed this year that might just be the case again. Online sucked anyways so I mostly spent time playing Masters League which is why I buy the game anyways.

So yes I will always go for the UK version and many Americans are FIFA fan boys anyways.

does anyone has a good website to pre order from to the US? I'm in the same problem - looking for UK version to be shipped to the US. ShopTo won't ship to US..

What about updates? Do US users of the UK version be able to update the game with official patches?

I bought the import version last year from cdwow and I didn't feel like I missed anything in the American version. As for online play, I never played so I couldn't tell you how bad lag would be. I'd say go for it, the OF are much better for the UK version.

Sent from my Droid Incredible
can u give me a link to the uk version cause i can't seem to find it.
last year i got it from cdwow too and i could read that it was the uk version but now i can't read that.

Does anyone know if the PC version has any differences between the UK and USA regions? Will I be able to play against people in the EU if I buy it off cdwow.us?

Thanks.

So what's the best site to buy for US players? And when do you think I would receive it if I pre-order?

So what's the best site to buy for US players? And when do you think I would receive it if I pre-order?

Does anyone else have experience with ordering from cdwow from the US? I'd like to know if they are a reliable vendor.

Im from trinidad in the caribbean. i orderes last year from ebay uk. got it in a couple weeks no problems. the lag was horrible though because you can only connect to the euro servers. Im buying the US version this year

Please, someone can tell me where to buy a downloadable version of PES 2011 PC US version?

Thanks!!

I live in Europe but was going to go for the US version because I'd rather have the commentary in Mexican Spanish or Brazilian Portuguese which are IMO much more authentic than any of the European counterparts. Anyway, if I can't play against people in Europe with EU/UK version, I'd have to re-think about it...

Option Files I was going to do by myself...

Back
Top Bottom