Does anyone miss PES4,5,6 on PS2?

ash

DeMinistrator
21 March 2004
London
Man Utd
I've stopped playing FIFA on XBox360 due to studies :(
But I know its become more realistic etc. but recently I was playing PES4,5 and 6 on the PS2. And boy was it fun!!! I've played the new PES on PS3 and 360, but it's not fun.

Since I'm limited on time, if I had mates round I would just have fun and rotate around the old PES on the PS2. Meaning I need to dust my PS2 lol.

Just my thoughts, what do you think?

I do a lot, I still play PES over FIFA and I do like FIFA nut none are the same to what it was before. I miss the patches the OFs the chips. I miss the natural feeling the game had instead of the clunky feel it has now.

I think growing up has a lot to answer for.

oh yes, but i dont use often the Playstation 2, i use HD Tv so its terrible to play on PS2! Thats really Bad, no more real feeling! Only HD graphics, and when i look to fifa 09 i can see how the Game must look like! Konami is years away from their old WE/PES games! I have loose my trust in them!

Ive got PES 6 on the PS2. I don't play it anymore though, i just don't find it that enjoyable. The players turn 'tank like', the shooting system is horribly sensitive, tap shoot and it goes sky high and the goalies are erratic.

Add to that it looks so dated compared to Fifa 09 on the PS3. after not playing PES 6 for months and then trying it again, the graphics looked so grainy and poor compared to NG.

Dont miss any of them, as I learn to love and appriciate every PES release so far. Even PES3 with the handball feature :P

They're still good games, but I prefer PES2009 on PS3, however my absolute favourite is still ISS Pro Evolution on PS1.

Only a Sith deals in absolutes..
Are you a Sith? :THINK:

just kidding.. :D

I recommend everyone picks up their copies of PES3 for PS2.
PES3 ROCKZ!! :ROCK:

Something must be wrong with you if you don't miss the good old days :SHOCK: I mean seriously who doesn't. Not only was PES/WE better few years back, but everything was better lol :SMUG: life in general. Anyways, yea I still wish I had my PS2. I had mine modded with DMS3 chip and I had every single PES/WE title. Gave it all away and sold all the games :(.

I don't think nothing will ever bring more fun then when I first played Konami football games.

Only thing i missed, which i have corrected, is getting PES for PS3. Finally the ps3 dropped in price enough to get one, and omg PES plays so much better and fluent than on the 360. And replacing data has never been so easy..im just saying WOW to the option file called "Von Option File for PlayStation 3" pls google and get. its just fkn amazing.

Only thing i missed, which i have corrected, is getting PES for PS3. Finally the ps3 dropped in price enough to get one, and omg PES plays so much better and fluent than on the 360. And replacing data has never been so easy..im just saying WOW to the option file called "Von Option File for PlayStation 3" pls google and get. its just fkn amazing.

I got the Von Option file with all the kits and chants for my mates PS3. Awesome option file.

i love playing my pes 2008 patched on ps2 its amazing i went out and brought the rest of the series i lost over the years and got the whole lot 1-6 for £14 at my local car boot sale!

played them all again and i have to say 1 and 2 are ok not bad nothing special but 3 is amazing still! i have no love for 4 i used to hate 5 but playing it back i really enjoyed it actually better than i remember and well 6 is also amazing

I havent got a ps3 but iv played it loads round my mates house i dont think its a complete disaster at all but its not got that pes feeling to it i find it a bit bland to be honest but looking at 1 and 2 on the ps2 its kinda similair then we got number pes 3 and look at the difference to the first 2 games so i guess it can be done maybe pes 2010 will get me off pes 2008 ps2? hope so

i had the best time with pes on the ps2, and yes i miss it. but i just can't go back. sold my last ps2 just a few months ago...time to move on.

Gotta agree with most peeps on here i remember iss pro evolution soccer 2on PS1.Ripping it up with legends like Ronaldo,Mboma,Babangida.
Cant beat PES 2-6 on PS2 they were so good.Gameplay was just i dunno "better"

I miss classic PES badly. At it's best (PES3-5) it's not been bettered.:WORSHIP:

From ISS back on the SNES through to the PS1, and PES on the PS2, the series has given me more fun than any other game, and some fantastic times playing against friends during my younger days. Once I got my 360 I packed my PS2 away and never played it again, hoping that the 'next-gen' consoles would deliver some great football games. But it's been a bit of a dissappointment.

Fifa09 is a very good game and a great technical achievement, but it lacks the fun that every PES game used to deliver. I think EA have gone too far in pursuit of realism and have missed what it is that makes PES fun.

I went back and played PES3 the other day and was immediately struck by how fun it is. Brilliant game. To be honest the gameplay still holds up well today, even if it does feel more on rails compared to Fifa.

My 360 has just broken again, so this is the perfect excuse to get my PS2 down from the loft again and go through my PES back catalogue.

My fav was WE8 LE - Simply because it was the 1st PES I ever patched so it holds a special place for me - I think it was released in Japan between 3-4 but not sure.

For me the feeling of playing my 1st patched PES with all proper kits and custom music and enhanced stats made the experience unbeatable.

Those days have long gone for me since moving to next gen consoles and I have yet to recapture them.

For me I would be completely satisfied if PES 2010 was a straight port of pes5 with a bit better graphics and updated rosters and kits.

Sometimes its best to go back in order to go forward if you know what I mean! :)

anyone got an updated option file for pes 4 or pes 5

I'm looking for any PES 4 option file.

Weird thread :CONFUSE: I too have been playing some of my old PES games on the PS2, some great fun.

Let me know if anyone finds any please. :))

I've been playing PES 5 since launch. Tried PES 6, 2008 & 2009, but PES 5 is king for me. I play it on an SDTV too as it looks horrid on my HDTV.

Pes 2009 all the way for me. Cant get enough of how great the game handles the supercancel move, r2+x together in heading duels, r2+triangle, r2+ everything :P only thing that bugs me is the unprovoked roulette i get hah

definately lost some of its magic pro evo, Pro evo 1,2.4 even ISS2....i think overall PES2 on the playstation 2 must of had the most hours on it...ne and me buddy masterleague hardest level...it was amazing, can u remember the rea;;u strippy pitch it look like someone mowed it wrong....that was a twat to play on...Good old Buket, Eddy, Hugiene, Miranda, Bjork, Cecile, Xmen, Valery....there shooting ability, pace, stamina was left to be desired, but my always played Njord cos aparently he was good in the air!! 59/100...we use to go some many games without even winning or missing out on promotion and the last game or just needing a draw it was mad as owt..eg winning 1-0 and concede 2 goals in injury time cos teams really seem to attack ya in the last 10 mins if they were behind. the become a legend as took me away from masterleague, wor would be good legend and masterleague as one. player manager

Just installed PES5 on my PC and got an 08/09 option file.

It really is so much better and harder to play than the current PS3 version.

Animations and ball physics are way ahead, why they just didn't port this version over onto next gen systems I will never know.

Back
Top Bottom