Do you believe in an afterlife/ghosts?

Don't know what to think.

Have to admit I'm not the best person thinking of this, depresses the shit out of me thinking of what happens when we die.

Not sure about ghosts and heaven/hell and all that stuff, just wonder what happens to us, does seem a total mystery.

As for Nick and his head crushing Satan figure, do you eat mushrooms?

FD
Ahhh good old shrooms, but I Was an innocent kid back then... :LOL:

I don't believe in god or in an afterlife.
I don't believe in ghosts and i think for most weird things that were mentioned here, there must be a logic explanation...but i certainly don't have it.

Death fascinates me however...how would being death "feel"...maybe it's the absolute nothingness (if this is an English word) and it could have it's good parts...to be honest, the notion "death" largely surpasses my (otherwise ver vivid) imagination...i simply could not decribe what "being death" would be...can anyone ??? The longer you think about it, the more impossible it becomes in my opinion...
You guys will notice that death pre-occupies you more when you get older...the death of other people affects you more too...a couple of years ago i heard that my first girlfriend died...that was a big shock to me.

I cannot comprehend there just being nothing when we die. How can it just be nothing?

But I do not believe in Gods etc.

So I am pretty fucked.

Yeah, the whole heaven and hell thing and also reincarnation etc are just theories of what will happen when we die because nobody on earth will ever know what happens when you die and it's not something the mind can comprehend either. It's hard to understand that there's a large possibility that one day you're alive and the next day, you're not and there is nothing, but you dont experience that nothing, you're gone. It's not like being asleep in a dark room forever and you are still ahving thoughts, just nothing. It doesnt make sense, but that's probably what happens.

I dont think believing in God and believing in ghosts are linked anyway, I dont remember a passage in the bible where Jesus was talking to his disciples and then the ghost of an old lady comes by and scares the shit out of them all anyway.

I dont think believing in God and believing in ghosts are linked anyway, I dont remember a passage in the bible where Jesus was talking to his disciples and then the ghost of an old lady comes by and scares the shit out of them all anyway.
Agreed...

Death fascinates me however...how would being death "feel"...maybe it's the absolute nothingness (if this is an English word) and it could have it's good parts...to be honest, the notion "death" largely surpasses my (otherwise ver vivid) imagination...i simply could not decribe what "being death" would be...can anyone ??? The longer you think about it, the more impossible it becomes in my opinion...
You guys will notice that death pre-occupies you more when you get older...the death of other people affects you more too...a couple of years ago i heard that my first girlfriend died...that was a big shock to me.

Yeah your right mate, it does occupy your mind, practically every day. I do wonder what happens when you die, but as I said I don't like to think about it too long, as it ain't good for my health.

Also with regards to occupying your minds and thinking of other people, every time that bloody phone rings late on at night, I do have to take a deep breath. Once the wife answers and starts talking away I breathe easily.

FD

You only have to look at how politics works to see it's all about sheep and money...
Corrected.

Most religions tend to explain our existance and our future etc. People don't want to believe in an religion because they don't want to be responsible for their actions and they don't want to believe that they could be punished for them in an afterlife.

Corrected.

Most religions tend to explain our existance and our future etc. People don't want to believe in an religion because they don't want to be responsible for their actions and they don't want to believe that they could be punished for them in an afterlife.

I think the people being responsible for their actions can go the other way. People join a religion so they don't have to be responsible for their actions. So they can do horrible stuff and just say a few hail Mary's etc and be forgiven. Or kill hundreds of people and think lots of virgins will be waiting for you when you die etc.

People do alot of horrible things in the name of God - whether it be the horrible priests and Nuns in the Catholic Church abusing their power, to the terrorists today saying that they are doing their killing for their god.

My Dad and alot of Irish decendants of his generation, have disowned any religion especially Catholacism as he saw the abuse and the greediness of these so called Holy people did, in the name of Religion.

So I don't think that people who don't believe in religion Don't want to be responsible for their actions - I think it is the other way around.

I don't believe in any religion because I find it hard to believe in someone something controlling us.

I do Respect everyones religion and the basis of every religion was to bring order and a set of Moral codes to live by. But most religions have been abused and twisted and now alot of Evil has come from them - which is very saddening.

Your stories scared the pants off me, guys. Seriously. Now a bit from my childhood.

As a child I used to spent my summers in my Mom's grannie's house. You know it's a typical house with a huge garden and stuff like that, quite old as well. Not scary though, at least back then. But when I was like 4 or 5 Mom's grannie died, and that's when some strange things started happening. At first there were some strange noises in the attic like someone was walking around there and silently talking or crying, don't remember clearly as I was a small kid back then. It wasn't like that every night, but quite often. My mom and her uncle, who used to live in the same town, decided to check out what's going on there, so they went up there and guess what, found nothing. They decided to board up an attic door so that none can get there, but the sounds continued and the scariest thing sometimes they were going out of the kitchen as well.

My mom's a religious woman so she decided to seek help from local priest. Soon he visited the house and besprinkled every room with the holy water and noises were gone except for sometimes you still were able to hear someone's treads in the attic, but it happened very rarely. I think it was he last summer I've ever spent there, I guess my mom just didn't want to stay in that house anymore.

Now this house is abandoned and looks quite scary on outside as well as inside. :)

I don't believe in any of this afterlife/ghosts/reincarnation business, I think once you're dead, you're dead. That is the end of you and there is no coming back. It's hard to comprehend, impossible to imagine what "complete nothingness" will feel like...

I don't mean to offend anyone but I think religious theories on afterlife are a load of crap (and most other religious subjects too) and there just to comfort people, there is no scientific evidence that an afterlife, or ghosts or similar so what is there to even back it up and make it believable?
A few books written thousands of years ago? That is completely meaningless, people back then thought the Earth was flat etc. so why should we believe them on something such as this?

To this day one of the scariest things I've ever seen apart from Satan slowly pushing my head into my bedroom wall and telling me I'll be killed by the hand of another, has to be after months of weird goings on in our old houses loft, going in for the last time and finding everything had been moved to one corner which had no floor boarding or lights just insulation and seeing a neat square of nine matchbox cars stacked three deep and all facing the right way, I still swear I heard a small voice say "mine" just before I wet myself and jumped head first out of loft breaking my wrist knocking myself out and gashing my forehead in so needing six stitches, have a nice scar though now... I never stepped foot in the loft again and after a few rough months of nearly no sleep I was sent to live with an aunt until my parents moved house...

My partner thinks it's highly amusing and nearly always brings it up at parties and relative do's, "hey dear tell me again whats the scariest thing you've ever seen,what was it? oh yeah a stack of matchbox cars"...:((

And did this happen from day 1 you lived there or did weird stuff only happen after a while?

We had weird stuff happen when we moved in, but at the time you put that down to just being a new house, like one winter the whole of my bedroom window froze on the inside, real thick with ice, it had icicles hanging off the bottom of the sill. I got a bollocking off my mother who to this day is convinced I'd been running water down the window.
It did this overnight and that was the same night as the first time I had been into the loft, we kept seeing a cat in the house very small with big eyes, everyone kept seeing it but could never find it, and always upstairs.
We also had banging in the loft from day one, but my parents said it was due to old water pipes, though when we did eventually board up there for storage, my father found they were no water pipes in the main loft we had a separate water tank closet.
It got worse after I had friends stay over one night and for space reasons we all slept up in the loft, it was like something out of the Blair Witch project, 6 12 year old kids in a pitch black loft after the lights were off with just torches.
Needles to say it ended in a lot of screaming, tears and two kids getting large welts on their backs, my Parents had to go round the various kids homes to try and explain... That's when it got really weird...:SS

No not really. But I do remember a few years back, I was sleeping, then woke up, a few seconds later I hear footsteps and I feel someone sitting on the edge of my shoulder/back. I couldn't see who/what it was because of the position I was sleeping, but I was almost shitting my pants thinking it was a burglar and he didn't notice me. Funny thing though. I tried to move but couldn't and a few minutes later the weight on my back/shoulders just vanished.

freaky. but probably me hallucinating...

We had weird stuff happen when we moved in, but at the time you put that down to just being a new house, like one winter the whole of my bedroom window froze on the inside, real thick with ice, it had icicles hanging off the bottom of the sill. I got a bollocking off my mother who to this day is convinced I'd been running water down the window.
It did this overnight and that was the same night as the first time I had been into the loft, we kept seeing a cat in the house very small with big eyes, everyone kept seeing it but could never find it, and always upstairs.
We also had banging in the loft from day one, but my parents said it was due to old water pipes, though when we did eventually board up there for storage, my father found they were no water pipes in the main loft we had a separate water tank closet.
It got worse after I had friends stay over one night and for space reasons we all slept up in the loft, it was like something out of the Blair Witch project, 6 12 year old kids in a pitch black loft after the lights were off with just torches.
Needles to say it ended in a lot of screaming, tears and two kids getting large welts on their backs, my Parents had to go round the various kids homes to try and explain... That's when it got really weird...:SS

Have you tried contacting most haunted and seeing if they'll go to th house and have a poke around? does the house still exist and where was it ?

Have you tried contacting most haunted and seeing if they'll go to th house and have a poke around? does the house still exist and where was it ?

It was in a small village called Hopton, not far from where I'm living at the moment, It's still there too, though they did have a bad fire shortly after my family left and the same year they lost most of the roof due to snow and ice damage. I have never been back even to the road it's in, the family who moved in after us moved out very shortly after that... ;)) I only know that because they kept ringing my mother to tell her our cat was coming back to the house after we left, she just told them to ring her if they caught it... ;))
Sounds quite weird now, when I put it down in writing...

So let me get this right,

you had a ghost cat - who carried a whip and liked playing with Matchbox cars?....that lived in the loft.

So let me get this right,

you had a ghost cat - who carried a whip and liked playing with Matchbox cars?....who lived in the loft.

I said it was weird, me and my family all saw this cat but it was always just in the corner of your eye or just going through a doorway etc, the welts on the two kids i have no idea about, their parents came round the next morning and asked how they had got them, after my Mother and father had had to take them home in the early hours.
The toy cars was as i said the scariest thing I've ever seen bar none, you have to remember I was just turned 12... :-pp

I said it was weird, me and my family all saw this cat but it was always just in the corner of your eye or just going through a doorway etc, the welts on the two kids i have no idea about, their parents came round the next morning and asked how they had got them, after my Mother and father had had to take them home in the early hours.
The toy cars was as i said the scariest thing I've ever seen bar none, you have to remember I was just turned 12... :-pp

I would never had gone anywhere near my house, if I experienced a quarter of what you did.

All of the people that have died in my life - (although I am still not certain about any of it), when they die I do a little like prayer thing (Even though I'm not religious at all) and I just reiterate that 'I do not want to see, hear or be touched by you when you are dead'

I loved my Grannies and Grandads etc they were lovely people. But if one of them appeared in front of me now - I would probably shit myself so much, I would have a heart attack and die!! - So thankfully they have all stayed away :DD

Also all this stuff where people say - 'I know my Grans watching over me' - well I hope mine ain't watching over me. Especially while I'm banging the wife or having a sly tug on the old Man Meat!!

Back
Top Bottom