Dirt 4

Coopz

Retired Footballer
27 April 2002

This came out yesterday, anyone got or getting it? The reviews for it are pretty good.

Career mode is supposed to be quite deep and It has a sim option to be more like Dirt Rally or a gamer mode if you're into the more arcadey Dirt 3. They have a new thing called "Your Stage" as well which generates completely different track layouts with different weather, track conditions (depending on the location) and in day or night as well so you have an infinite number of stage's on there.

I think I'm gonna get it. I enjoyed Dirt Rally even though it was a bitch to master so I should enjoy this as well.

Reviews have been amazing for it, and everyone online seems to rate it.

Unfortunately at the moment it is still £27 on PC, so won't purchase until it is under £20.

I have pre-ordered Dirt 4. It will be released Friday here in Belgium.
I absolutely loved Dirt, although i'm pretty bad at it.

Dirt 4 could have had more locations. Now it has 5: Michigan, Sweden, Spain, Australia and Wales (my favourite from Dirt, but so difficult). In one of the developers movies somebody of the Codemasters team says that ideally a rally game should have 8 different locations. Is that a hint at DLC or just coïncidence?

Rally Cross will also be back, i was terrible at Rally Cross in Dirt. I was rather good at Hill Climbing, but that mode will not be in Dirt 4.

There will be tutorials in Dirt 4 and that was my only gripe with Dirt. Such a difficult game needs a good tutorial. I'm looking forward to this game.

The tutorials in Dirt Rally were quite in-depth, did you play that?

In Dirt Rally, you could not play tutorials, you could only watch them Coopz. Perhaps you had another version. ine was the PS4 version with the Collin Mc Crae Bluray included...

Yeah they were just watchable, I misread and thought you meant it had none at all.

I was looking at the US release date as well when I posted originally, it isn't out until the 9th here lol

I found some cars almost impossible to ride with. Best example was the Renault 5. For me it was impossible to take hairpins with that car. The steering was very peculiar. Obviously i do something wrong, but i haven't got a clue.

I hope that in the new game one can experiment in the driving school area...i think i have read or seen that somewhere...

Dirt is the game i played most the last year.

Also loved Forza Horizon 3, that game is much more spectacular, but i found out that Dirt Rally has more longevity...i didn't really mind that it was a very basic game...i have a feeling that i will play Dirt4 less longer than Dirt.

It must be masochistic, but in the long term i prefer games that i don't play well...i progress all the time.

It must be masochistic, but in the long term i prefer games that i don't play well...i progress all the time.
:LOL: Me too. If I can't win, I want to know why, so I'll play it until I understand. If I win straight away, I never go back to it... How weird.

You must enjoy a lot of games then...:LOL:
Dirt Rally (still on the first "tour"), The Golf Club (can't get past "pro-am"), PES on manual (which I've had to give up because of the perfect AI passing), Football Manager (can't get into the playoffs)... You have no idea how right you are... Absolute shit at all of them... :LOL:

In Dirt Rally i went until second highest championship. That one was too difficult for me. I finished outside the top 3 every time i tried (and that was pretty much).
The level below that i won the championship with a Lancia class B, but without winning a single Rally.

In more than a year that i played the game, i won 1 (one) rally (Finland, which is a miracle because i hated that one with a passion, too fast for me). In all that time i never ever won a single stage...

My favourite rally was the one in Wales and i'm very glad it will return in Dirt4. the one that suited me most was Monaco if i managed to finish. I either did well or had to give up because i crashed my car.

I made most progression on the German rally.

I must be a litle bit night blind because the night stages (especially in Greece and not at all in Sweden) were a nightmare for me.

In the online rally's i usually ended in the middle of the second tier, except in hill climbing were i susually ended in the first tier.

I was hopeless in Rally Cross. I hope that a tutorial can help me in Rally Cross.

Hello guys, I've been making some vehicles for Dirt 4, which Dirt 4 doesn't have.
Citroen C4 Rally, Toyota Celica GT-Four Group A, VW Polo R.
In fact, these are conversions from Dirt 3 and Dirt Rally.
Toyota Celica and VW Polo are still WIP, because they have some rendering issues on the interior, which I can't sort out yet.
Whereas Citroen C4 has been finished.

-Previews-
prvwc4r_01.jpg

prvwgt4_01.jpg

prvwpol_01.jpg

Citroen C4 R Download Link;
http://www.mediafire.com/file/ydqxca1use1o7ja/cars.rar

Back up the orinial 'for.nefs' onto the other place before applying this mod.
This car replaces Ford Focus RS Rally 2007.
Select Ford Focus RS Rally 2007 in the selecting vehicle menu, and choose green Castrol livery in the selecting livery menu.

Volkswagen Polo R WRC updated to v1.6

Previews
polov16_0.jpg

polov16_1.jpg

Volkswagen Polo R WRC v1.6 Download Link;
http://www.mediafire.com/file/81pzvlmip2p14qo/Polo_v1.6.rar

- What's new in v1.6 -
- Removed the weird stain from the dashboard.
- Changed the dashboard material with suede, instead of plastic.
- Improved damage expression.
- Fixed the issue that Polo compromised other car's exhaust sound.
- Fixed other minor issues.

- Usage -
Back up the original 'mr5.nefs' onto the other folder before applying this mod.
Copy over this content into your DiRT 4 install directory.
This car replaces Mitsubishi Space Star R5.
Select Mitsubishi Space Star R5 in the selecting vehicle menu, and choose the white Mitsubishi Motors livery in the selecting livery menu.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom