Digital Radio

Chris Davies

Chief PESsimist
Staff
14 May 2003
UK
Tranmere Rovers
I searched and couldn't find a thread to post this question in so... Here we are!

I want to listen to radio commentary on the UEFA CL game tonight (Sporting Lisbon v Man Utd - I know it's in the second half now but humour me). I've tried listening to Radio 5 Live online and I get the "we're not allowed to broadcast this!" message, and my non-digital-crappy-old-radio doesn't receive medium-wave.

Is there anywhere else on the net where I can listen to commentary of the game (in English obviously)?

Well, I really can't help you with that, but why don't you stream the match? I'm watching the game through StarSports (Andy Gray's commentary).

You need to install a program though. Anyway, click here.

• Staff
God damn it. I had no idea there was anything like that. :|

Which of those programs do you use, PPLive, PPStream, PPMate...?

I've used this method to watch football matches since last year's World Cup, the image quality isn't that good obviously but you still can watch the matches. :)

Well, I have most of those programs installed on my HDD, but the ones I use the most are Sopcast and PPStream. I have never had any trouble with any of the other programs though, it's just because lately Sopcast has been filled with links, which is a good sign = more peers. I guess.

It just takes a few seconds to buffer the match and the delay between the real match and the streamed one is pretty short (less than a minute most of the times). It's quite easy to stream matches, all you have to do is to click one of the links contained in each matches' table and allow the pop-up to open the program. And that's it.

I'll probably watch Bayern vs Belenenses tomorrow this way. Though the german will literally smash us.

By the way, I'll send you a PM later regarding the blog. :p

Back
Top Bottom