1. We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners. Learn More.

Digital or analogue controls

Discussion in 'Pro Evolution Soccer' started by wincent22, 3 August 2005.

Analogue or digital controls

1. I'm using the analogue stick to control player movement

35 vote(s)
    64.8%
  2. I'm using the D-pad to control player movement

19 vote(s)
    35.2%
  1. wincent22

wincent22 Guest

I would like to know which controlling method (analogue > stick or digital > d-pad) you rather use.

2. Sudden strike12

Sudden strike12 Conference

24 September 2003
    England
    I dont like using the analogue stick, because when you only tilt it a little bit it is easy to press the wrong direction, feels to clumsy!

3. yeh d-pad is definately most accurate, also another querie; u know when the ball tends to follow the chosen direction, u would have thought that using analouge more accurate, does anyone notice a difference?

4. bravoboy1

bravoboy1 Guest

I use D-pad, I always have done. I find it more accurate when dribbling, as there are only so many different directions you can go in, with the press of one or two buttons.

It gets quite dodgy when using the analog stick, as you could easily misplace it, and travel in a different direction. Though like OEG said above me, it should be more accurate when shooting, as there are so many different directions in which you can place the ball.

5. gooner2005

gooner2005 Guest

Analogue rules, you just have to give it a chance, I've used the analogue stick ever since PES came out, the first one on the PS2, it takes a bit of the gettin used to but once you get the hang of it, it's much more effective than the D-Pad.

6. Glavisted

Glavisted Premiership

20 July 2005
    Lima, PerĂº
    I'm using the D-pad to control player movement.

7. Sudden strike12

Sudden strike12 Conference

24 September 2003
    England
    I wish i could get used to the analogue stick, playing for a long time using d-pad is a killer on your thumb ;)

8. Isslander

Isslander The Modest Legend

3 August 2003
    Iceland
    Liverpool
    excactly why the analogue stick rules bigtime. And then it rules again, and then it rules some more. In short, it rules.

9. MasterM

MasterM League 2

14 July 2003
    first i used analogue, but i stepped over to digital since its gives quicker reactions when dribbeling.

10. Madrileno

Madrileno EVIVA LA LIGAAAA

18 June 2005
    MALTA
    Real Madrid
    I have always ised d-pad and feel good why should I change ?

11. lceman

lceman Guest

D-Pad

12. gerd

gerd Retired Footballer

8 January 2002
    Over the moon
    KRC Genk, Spurs
    I use the analogue stick, although Seabass himself clains that the game is meant to be played with the d-pad...

13. jiwa

jiwa The BEautiful Game

31 May 2005
    Malaysia
    Once you go analog, you can't go back. Been using analogs since the Dualshocks were introduced on PSX. Great for realistic dribbing, no instant cuts. Can make mistakes. (realistic, IMO).

Just hope KOnami put in pressure sensitivity to the analog sticks so you could better control movement. Light tilt= little movement, hard tilt= more pronounced movement. Woulnd it be great to vary jukes, and body movement by how muck pressure you exert on the stick.

Cheers.

PS: Seabass personally prefers to use D-pad. He never claimed the game was meant for D-pads.

Last edited: 23 August 2005
  14. sungdien

sungdien Non-League

23 March 2005
    Hello !
    I'm using D-Pads for player movements and analogs (R3) for manual passing ;) . L3 make me very hard to move correctly :( . Is any body here living in Vietnam ? If so, please contact me and we can play WE together.

15. scrwp

scrwp Non-League

18 April 2004
    New Zealand
    d-pad of course
    as everyone says, it is more accurate when you're dribbling or shooting.

16. So Solid Jedi

So Solid Jedi Evo-Web's Jedi Knight

30 August 2004
    London, UK
    I only use the D-Pad for control, the Analogue stick just feels un-natural in a footy game.

17. Keane_10

Keane_10 I'm new, be nice to me

12 July 2005
    Block 23
    Tottenham Hotspur
    D-pad all the way, i have retarded fingers because i can dribble really, really accurate with the D-pad and of course, shooting's better