Difference between PC and console version + questions

ono5985

Championship
22 October 2009
Hi, i have PES 10 on the PS3 and i'm enjoying it. However i'm quite jealous of all the editing options amd modding that goes on, on the pc. Plus apparently i have a half decent pc, and all that's missing is a good graphics card, which i'm planning to get.

My first question is relating to the difference between the console version of the game, and the pc version. I'm just wondering if anybody can comment on any gameplay differences if possible?

Obviously graphics will relate to the quality of a graphics card, so i'm just wondering how much i'd have to spend to possibly at least match the garphics on the PS3? If it's as simple as that, can anybody recommend me a graphics card. According to my brother my PC would only support a pci-e graphics card. Again, that doesn't make much sense to me....hopefully somebody on here can help me out with that one!.

My PC specs are as follows...

Manufacturer : advent
4 processors running - AMD Phenom 9550 Quad-Core Processor
3.4 GB ram
OS - Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Edition, 32-bit (Build Service Pack 16001)

This is all alien to me, so if anybody can help me out at all, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks ever so much for taking the time to read and a double thank you to anybody who manages to respond or help in any way. Thanks.

just get a half decent graphics card and you're set

im running at full capacity with
core 2 duo 2.2 ghz
2gb ram
nvidia 8600 gt 512 vram

so no worries
get something superior to a 8600 since many games require something more

i havent had any issues with any game so far

as far as i know console versions dont stutter and dont usually get offline lag as i call it :XD:
it has a more fluid gameplay and things seem a bit more natural (i played in an hd lcd screen on the 360)

just get a half decent graphics card and you're set

im running at full capacity with
core 2 duo 2.2 ghz
2gb ram
nvidia 8600 gt 512 vram

so no worries
get something superior to a 8600 since many games require something more

i havent had any issues with any game so far

as far as i know console versions dont stutter and dont usually get offline lag as i call it :XD:
it has a more fluid gameplay and things seem a bit more natural (i played in an hd lcd screen on the 360)

Cheers mate. I guess i'm worried that i'll think the gameplay is a lot worse than the PS3 version, but i've been flicking through the PC editing forum, from PES09 and i was blown away by the amount of modding that can be done.. So at the minute i'm trying to weigh up the pro's and con's of it all. Whether to take a slight hit on the gameplay in order to experience a brilliantly modified game, or whether to stick with what i have, and continue to browse the PC editing forum with envy.

Anybopdy else wnats to chime in with their experiences?

Thanks a lot mate. Good news about the PC. At least i know it's just a GC that's required. My integrated one barely runs the 3d match engine on Football Manager :CRY:

Does anyody else care to chime in with anything relating to how the game runs, specifically in comparison to a console...or just in general.

I've never really played any PC based game other than Football Manager, and a really old Prince of Persia about 18 years ago.

i've always preferred the pc version. better graphics thanks mostly to juce and his LOD mixer. the editing possibilities make it far more authentic than the consoles could ever hope to be. gameplay-wise, i can't really comment on 2010, because i've not played a console version, but in pes 2009 the pc version was above the consoles, especially ps3. this year i don't know if they have it better optimised than 2009, but i've never noticed any frame-rate issues or the response issue in the pc version and my computer isn't exactly state-of-the-art. not had any pc specific complaints about this year's effort at all. personally i'd never consider the 360 or ps3 versions, use an hdmi cable to play it on your big screen, 360 or ps3 pads and you have the best of both worlds with the pc version.

i've always preferred the pc version. better graphics thanks mostly to juce and his LOD mixer. the editing possibilities make it far more authentic than the consoles could ever hope to be. gameplay-wise, i can't really comment on 2010, because i've not played a console version, but in pes 2009 the pc version was above the consoles, especially ps3. this year i don't know if they have it better optimised than 2009, but i've never noticed any frame-rate issues or the response issue in the pc version and my computer isn't exactly state-of-the-art. not had any pc specific complaints about this year's effort at all. personally i'd never consider the 360 or ps3 versions, use an hdmi cable to play it on your big screen, 360 or ps3 pads and you have the best of both worlds with the pc version.

Yeah i've got a hd ready tv for my ps3, but it can be used as a pc monitor. Daft question but how do i get a hd resolution using my pc and hd tv? Is it just a case of using a hdmi cable between my pc and tv?

I think this is the way i'm going to go to be honest. For now, all the modding and editing is intimidating me, but i'm trying to familarise myself with it all. Hopefully in a few months, i'll be able to participate more frequently in the editing forums.

Yeah i've got a hd ready tv for my ps3, but it can be used as a pc monitor. Daft question but how do i get a hd resolution using my pc and hd tv? Is it just a case of using a hdmi cable between my pc and tv?

I think this is the way i'm going to go to be honest. For now, all the modding and editing is intimidating me, but i'm trying to familarise myself with it all. Hopefully in a few months, i'll be able to participate more frequently in the editing forums.

Mate, I was exactly the same. Read through all the tutorials, read the kitserver manual and made backups before messing around with W!ld's editor and GGS and surprised how easy these programs are to use. Could pretty much make my own patch now, although it would probably take til Pro Evo 2011 was out, lol.
With the HDMI thing, yeah, you just plug it in an away you go really. I have an nVidia card and just set the resolution to my TV's maximum resolution and multiple screens to clone in the NVIDIA Control Panel, works great and it's p**s easy, you'll have no trouble :)

Yeah hopefully it will be as staright forward as that.

Can i ask what graphics card you run the game on? I need to get one, but apparently i need a pci-e one (whatever that means). I'm not right botherted abouts cost, ideally i want to replicate the PS3 graphics, or improve them if possible.

Cheers.

Obviously graphics will relate to the quality of a graphics card, so i'm just wondering how much i'd have to spend to possibly at least match the garphics on the PS3? If it's as simple as that, can anybody recommend me a graphics card. According to my brother my PC would only support a pci-e graphics card. Again, that doesn't make much sense to me....hopefully somebody on here can help me out with that one!.

My PC specs are as follows...

Manufacturer : advent
4 processors running - AMD Phenom 9550 Quad-Core Processor
3.4 GB ram
OS - Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Edition, 32-bit (Build Service Pack 16001)

This is all alien to me, so if anybody can help me out at all, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks ever so much for taking the time to read and a double thank you to anybody who manages to respond or help in any way. Thanks.

No the graphics on PC is better than the PS3 and Xbox 360 version.
If you play on a resolution higher than 1920x1200+ it surpasses consoles graphics.
PC plays at 1200+ Pixels where as on Console it plays on only 1080P.:D
The game is apparently the same on all platforms. Except for the PS2 and Mobile versions lol.
Any Quad Core processor, Intel Core i7 will do you good!

I'd recommend you buy the sapphire ATI Radeon HD 4890 overclocked edition!! I have that its amazing.
I play Crysis the greatest graphical game of all time and max it out.
So my advise is get a strong graphics card. You won't be dissapointed playing PC games, because on average the graphics on PC is better than on a console.

Also buy a 24 inch or higher monitor that support higher resolution such as 1920x1200 or if you have more money then get a monitor with 2048x1552 resolution.:BRMM:
I can promise you, that you won't be touching your console again!
Ohhh, maybe for FIFA 10 next-gen only!

All other games on PC rocks!

Last edited:
PES2010 on PC is lightyears ahead of the ps3 version due to:
1. Lodmixer allows for unsurpassed graphics no ugly faces on free kicks and corners no ugly hand textures....AND ALSO untucked shirts on any camera.
2. slow realistic gameplay 100 times better than normal pes on ps3. due to the kitserver speeder that adjusts the engine speed.

3. the presentation and authenticity is insanely better there arent any poorly recreated in game editor kits and teams but fully textured hd kits. scoreboards and ML real sponsors and much more.

for me the pc version of pes is much better than any other version. simple.

No the graphics on PC is better than the PS3 and Xbox 360 version.
If you play on a resolution higher than 1920x1200+ it surpasses consoles graphics.
PC plays at 1200+ Pixels where as on Console it plays on only 1080P.:D
The game is apparently the same on all platforms. Except for the PS2 and Mobile versions lol.
Any Quad Core processor, Intel Core i7 will do you good!

I'd recommend you buy the sapphire ATI Radeon HD 4890 overclocked edition!! I have that its amazing.
I play Crysis the greatest graphical game of all time and max it out.
So my advise is get a strong graphics card. You won't be dissapointed playing PC games, because on average the graphics on PC is better than on a console.

Also buy a 24 inch or higher monitor that support higher resolution such as 1920x1200 or if you have more money then get a monitor with 2048x1552 resolution.:BRMM:
I can promise you, that you won't be touching your console again!
Ohhh, maybe for FIFA 10 next-gen only!

All other games on PC rocks!

How different is that card to the Radeon HD 5870?

The 4890 is cheaper. ;)
The 5870 is more about future-proofing PC games that will come in the next two years or so, but its overkill if you just want to play PES on the PC.

I've been playing both versions for three weeks now (PC at home, PS3 at a friend's house) and I feel the PC is better.

Here are my reasons:

- Teams actually follow your tactical specifications. This "bug" was way worse on 2009 (don't know if the 2009 version I was playing was updated or not, but my PC version was flawless from the start in this matter)

- The AI is way more "intelligent", specially the defence and passing. Sometimes, on PS3, you press forward + pass and it passes backwards (even if there's a player in front and NOT in offside position).

- It's really hard to make a good long through ball (R1 + triangle) on PS3, even with skilled players. Most of the times, they just make a short and weak arch.

P.S.: All this is on Top Player on both versions.

The 4890 is cheaper. ;)
The 5870 is more about future-proofing PC games that will come in the next two years or so, but its overkill if you just want to play PES on the PC.

The lodmixer killed a 4850 1gb maxed....so i guess a 5870 will be under a heavy duty...

Right i've settled on a graphics card - going with the Radeon 5850 at £199.

Now i'm looking at monitors. Basically i have a fairly new monitor at home. Not checked the res on it yet. I also have a HD Ready TV but again unsure on the res. I'm going to check these out tonight. In the meantime can anybody recommend a particular PC Monitor which would allow me to play the game on some kick arse resolution settings. Cheers.

Now i'm looking at monitors. Basically i have a fairly new monitor at home. Not checked the res on it yet. I also have a HD Ready TV but again unsure on the res. I'm going to check these out tonight. In the meantime can anybody recommend a particular PC Monitor which would allow me to play the game on some kick arse resolution settings. Cheers.

Save yourself the money....stick with the HD TV.

But if you must go for a monitor then get one with 2ms response times. I cant really recommend any as I aint looked for a while. But my monitor, a Samsung 226BW won shed loads of praises when it was released and was very hard to find for quite some time. I paid £200 for it 2 years ago. I just checked its price today. ca £190.

As for 'kick arse' resolution, I wouldn't get too ambitious with that if I were you. Its all very well for games like ProEvo which aren't very demanding, but for other games around now (i.e. Crysys) and those to come in the future, you will not want ludicroulsly high resolution crippling your frame rate and/or forcing you to turn graphical quality down.

P.S. I have just checked out the specs of your rig and noticed that it is made by 'advent'. Before I splashed out the money on a spanking new gfx card I would check that your motherboard (which will be the cheapest of the el cheapo) can actually take that card. Then check that your tower can hold the graphics card (thoese 5000 series are BIG). Actually, I would also replace your 'advent' motherboard whilst you were at it. A shite mobo = a shite computer, regardless of what is plugged into it.

Last edited:
I've been playing both versions for three weeks now (PC at home, PS3 at a friend's house) and I feel the PC is better.

Here are my reasons:

- Teams actually follow your tactical specifications. This "bug" was way worse on 2009 (don't know if the 2009 version I was playing was updated or not, but my PC version was flawless from the start in this matter)

- The AI is way more "intelligent", specially the defence and passing. Sometimes, on PS3, you press forward + pass and it passes backwards (even if there's a player in front and NOT in offside position).

- It's really hard to make a good long through ball (R1 + triangle) on PS3, even with skilled players. Most of the times, they just make a short and weak arch.

P.S.: All this is on Top Player on both versions.

There is no difference at all except PC version can be made to run a lot nicer.

Its the exact same game. Why would the PES dev team (who are not known for making extra special effort) make a different AI engine for each different platform when they can just make one and port the whole thing across.

I play on PC and I often find that my passes dont go where I place them. PES has been like this for years. Also the game-pads make a difference. The PES coders have done a pretty crappy job of detecting analougue stick input. With the PS2/3 gamepads (analogue stick), many more passes will go in the wrong directions than with the 360 pads. But the 360 pads are utterly garbage for playing manual passes.

Just what I have found to be the case.

There is no difference at all except PC version can be made to run a lot nicer.

Its the exact same game. Why would the PES dev team (who are not known for making extra special effort) make a different AI engine for each different platform when they can just make one and port the whole thing across.

I play on PC and I often find that my passes dont go where I place them. PES has been like this for years. Also the game-pads make a difference. The PES coders have done a pretty crappy job of detecting analougue stick input. With the PS2/3 gamepads (analogue stick), many more passes will go in the wrong directions than with the 360 pads. But the 360 pads are utterly garbage for playing manual passes.

Just what I have found to be the case.

depends on the hardware ...
If your PC does not allow the game to go over 30fps instead of 60 fps on a PC that has been developed, the AI and gameplay will be similar to the consoles ...
Otherwise if the PC has all in the setting.exe appear as good (blue), and the game runs at 60 fps, there is no history

depends on the hardware ...
If your PC does not allow the game to go over 30fps instead of 60 fps on a PC that has been developed, the AI and gameplay will be similar to the consoles ...
Otherwise if the PC has all in the setting.exe appear as good (blue), and the game runs at 60 fps, there is no history

I cant really make out what youa re trying to say.

But whether a game runs at 60 or 30 fps, don't change the AI engine running the game. It jsut changes how smooth it all looks.

Yes this is a very good graphics card. You'll be very happy. And I am sure you won't be wanting to touch your console again.:BOP:
I have a 24 inch Samsung HD T240 monitor. It supports resolutions up to 1920x1200 which is great.

But ofcourse if you find a monitor with 2048x**** resolution then it would be even greater! But its more expensive though. But much better picture quality and it will easily beat the Console. You'll see a big difference in graphics and anti-aliazing quality.:P

Oh, I forgot to mention, do get Crysis and Crysis Warhead, you'll love these games!:EASY:

I'll probably echo what most have said on here.

My card is a 4850X2 and runs the game like a dream. I've connected it via a DVI to HDMI cable to my 43" plasma TV. My other DVI cable runs to my monitor.

The only problem I have is that if I run it at 1920 x 1080 on my HDTV then I suffer from screen tearing a bit which ruins it a little (and my vsync buttin is greyed out in settings) which has to do with the refresh rate of my TV (30Hz.)

Having said that, I can drop it to 1280 x 720 and it's as smooth as silk and still looks great (beleive me if the quality suffered, I simply couldn't play it.) The 360 pads I have works like a charm and I've got it patched up to a great option file wihich runs my SPL teams. It's sex.

Then, if the girls watching TV, I just switch to my monitor, bang up the res to 1920 x 1080, get the headphones on, and play it on that.

I'd recommend PC over console any day of the week.

Save yourself the money....stick with the HD TV.

But if you must go for a monitor then get one with 2ms response times. I cant really recommend any as I aint looked for a while. But my monitor, a Samsung 226BW won shed loads of praises when it was released and was very hard to find for quite some time. I paid £200 for it 2 years ago. I just checked its price today. ca £190.

As for 'kick arse' resolution, I wouldn't get too ambitious with that if I were you. Its all very well for games like ProEvo which aren't very demanding, but for other games around now (i.e. Crysys) and those to come in the future, you will not want ludicroulsly high resolution crippling your frame rate and/or forcing you to turn graphical quality down.

P.S. I have just checked out the specs of your rig and noticed that it is made by 'advent'. Before I splashed out the money on a spanking new gfx card I would check that your motherboard (which will be the cheapest of the el cheapo) can actually take that card. Then check that your tower can hold the graphics card (thoese 5000 series are BIG). Actually, I would also replace your 'advent' motherboard whilst you were at it. A shite mobo = a shite computer, regardless of what is plugged into it.

I've put in a radeon 3870 (borrowed it). It only just fits in. I'm just wondering if you know how much bigger the 5000 series are (if at all).

My psu is shit aswell (300w). Need to get that sorted, but it's all a bit of a mess considering my pc case doesn't seem so big.

So i'm guessing i'll need a better mothervoard, bigger case, a psu and finally a decent graphics card! And then a monitor at some point.

I ran the game on my current monitor (viewsonic optiquest q191wb) with the 3870 and it ran really smoothly and generally speaking it looked great. There was a really slight ghosting effect but i'm guessing that's my response time (5ms). It wasn't that noticeable anyway.

I'd be delighted if you could recommend me a decent motherboard and a decent power supply if you can mate. Thanks a lot.

Back
Top Bottom