Dexter - Season 4

I just started watching Dexter about a week ago, finished watching the first season yesterday - I have to say, it is fantastic, one of the best shows I've watched and hopefully I'll enjoy the other seasons as much! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I was stunned. Then I read this thread and saw people saying how they knew how it was all going to end and how all of this and that was obvious... lol

I did guess correctly at a few things
but that ending just knocked me over. I still didn't manage to work it all out until we saw it all... I think when the phone rang I was confused, then the door opens and the blood is everywhere... but my brain couldn't process what was going on in time for me to guess at what was next.

I'm glad her character is gone as she annoyed me but it's horrible to think about how she went, how she would have had no idea, having her kids in her mind as she was in there and all that. Nasty stuff.

Funnily... I had JUST said to the misses how I enjoyed Dexter because each show finished with a real end and a sense of closure and doesn't throw those Lost style 'what the hell' ending in. Then the final scene pops up and ...

I worked out the Lundy thing myself but only when Debra was looking at the scars and she mentioned the height. I immediately thought of that woman and thought daughter or lover.

I can't wait for Season 5 now but I read a few thoughts in the S5 thread already and it didn't sound that great so I'm bit worried what's going on now.

Season 1 to 4 thoughts
So far though I thought season 1 was awesome.

Season 2 was too full of sex and nudity and just a mess. I'm not prudish but it was just ... I just didn't care for all the tits and it got in the way of the story too much. Just show them kissing and then fade to the next morning with them nude in bed with covers on. It's not like anyone is jacking off to them so pointless.

And let's not forget they killed off Doakes who was awesome which gutted me. Was there a reason for that? Like was he busted for drink driving or something like that like the lost people kept doing?

Season 3 was fun but I wish they had gone further with the Prado story rather than just offing him

Season 4 I think had the best bad guy (he was fantastic, that must have been so much fun to play that role) and the ending was mind melting. Really nice stuff.

John Lithgow (Trinity), actually won loads of awards for his acting and role. S4's finale was also the most watched program on that whole network. I've liked all of Dexter, although S4 and S5 have started quite slowly. I think S5 is more about Dexter's own transformation.

Back
Top Bottom