Destiny PS4/XB1/PS3/X360

jaygrim

TheAllSeeingEye
26 July 2005
Everywhere.
Man Utd
I've tried looking but can't find it although my stupid phone won't let me search properly. Anyway has anyone played the beta or anything? Is it any good?

Re: The do we have a destiny thread? thread.

I played the alpha and beta.

It's alright.

I think what's holding it back for me right now is that constant feeling of 'why bother playing when I'll just have to do it all again on release'.

Yeah there was a destiny thread, there was like 3000 posts or something in it...........................

FD

It's pretty good but like Rad said I don't wanna be doing it all again.

since this is the closest to destiny thread we have, i'll post in here:-

Gaming_PreorderDestiny_Wk25_944x320.jpg

http://www.tesco.com/direct/pre-ord...ilability/137-5772.prd?icid=gaming_main_slot1

£5 off voucher to make it £40 for game, headset and large t-shirt

Personally I thought it felt quite dated and Halo 3 / Mass effect 3 like. Graphics were nothing special either. Only played it for an hour or so mind you but can't see me buying it

Personally I thought it felt quite dated and Halo 3 / Mass effect 3 like. Graphics were nothing special either. Only played it for an hour or so mind you but can't see me buying it

I thought the same (especially coming from Titanfall, which is paradise for FPS movement control) that Destiny was dated and slow, especially during the first hour of play.

However, the game picks up pretty quickly when your character hits level 5-6 and you start unlocking a lot of the powers that allow your character to move faster and start throwing out powers at a pretty fast rate. Suddenly the game moved much faster and was much more exciting to me.

Might be worth taking a second look before writing it off. If I had stopped playing the Beta after only an hour I'd never bother playing it again either. The game starts to play out as a first person Mass Effect 3 styled action shooter... Powers and explosions everywhere. Which is meant as a compliment.

So received an email from tescos regarding the order i did above, emailed me and due to limited to supplies of t-shirts, i wouldn't receive it with my order so they refunded £5 back, so £35 for headset and destiny game, pretty happy with that.

I just don't know if I can be arsed with this. I'm currently loving plants vs zombies garden warfare so that's scratching my online mp itch. And this just seems like one huge grind with no real substance behind it. You're just grinding for fun... But I never found the gameplay in the alpha/beta to be that fun. Certainly not up to the level I had with the original halo.

So is anyone going to rename the thread title to a proper name?

So is anyone going to rename the thread title to a proper name?

Good question. I kind of enjoyed the beta but I'm split on buying the game. Like Rad said it seems more of a chore, just seem to be killing the same things over and over.

EDIT: I'm probably still gonna get it.

Good question. I kind of enjoyed the beta but I'm split on buying the game. Like Rad said it seems more of a chore, just seem to be killing the same things over and over.

EDIT: I'm probably still gonna get it.

Do it right!

81LZH0euz9L._SL1500_.jpg

:SMUG:

sad to say ill probably buy it too haha.

I saw a video showing how a strike zone works and it looks fun. Reminds me a lot of the mass effect 3 multiplayer taking on waves of enemies and I really enjoyed that. The only shitter is you can only do them with people on your friends list. So I need to see if I'll have enough friends with the game first.

Yea liked the beta but could get bored if repeatedly killing same things different planet collect and leave etc like mass effect.... Saying that I'll probably end up getting it. I was expecting a lot more tbh

I'm hoping the reviews mention lots of surprises of things we didn't see in the beta. If it's basically the beta but just with a couple new areas on other planets.. I'm not going to rush out for it.

There will be no early reviews. Bungie didn't want to. The game being online based that explains why.Eurogamer stated that they won't rush a review this week which makes sense.

I can't wait for launch but sadly those who preordered from PS US will have to wait longer unless sony unlocks it midnight GMT.

Same here.Esp with patching and having more time with the game.

Which class are you going to start with ?In beta I played as a Warlock.It seems that I'll choose it again.

Last edited:
I'm not sure Destiny is a game for me but I do like that white PS4. Damn sexy. Yes all my other technical stiff is pitch black but I don't care.

In the alpha/beta I picked the one who can throw powerballs. Can't recall its class name. I'm probably going to pick the same as when I looked at the others, they seemed a bit naff.

I hated Halo, but after 5 minutes playing Destiny 4 months or so ago, I knew it must be a day 1 purchase. The Beta was a touch more refined too.

Really looking forward to this landing tomorrow.

I'll be picking it up tomorrow too, but my expectations aren't that high. Not that I don't think it'll be solid, but FPSs don't really do much for me anymore, though I think high enough of Bungie to give it a go.

Just ordered via the US PSN Store and sent it to download on my PS4. Should hopefully be loaded by the time I finish work (though wont be unlocked until midnight US time).

The servers are also unlocked NOW due to NZ hitting midnight.

I know pretty much nothing about this game and really didnt like Halo. How long before i realise I've made a terrible mistake!!!?

In the alpha/beta I picked the one who can throw powerballs. Can't recall its class name. I'm probably going to pick the same as when I looked at the others, they seemed a bit naff.
That's Warlock mate.I didn't like what I read about the other classes that's why I chose it in the beta.Feel free to add me on PS4 so we can co-op.

I'll be picking it up tomorrow too, but my expectations aren't that high. Not that I don't think it'll be solid, but FPSs don't really do much for me anymore, though I think high enough of Bungie to give it a go.

same here.But the universe and atmosphere got me excited about this game.I wasn't following it till I tried the open beta.
I come from a long line of disappointments COD and BF3 & 4.

There will be no early reviews. Bungie didn't want to. The game being online based that explains why.Eurogamer stated that they won't rush a review this week which makes sense.

I can't wait for launch but sadly those who preordered from PS US will have to wait longer unless sony unlocks it midnight GMT.

I'm not making a comment on the game one way or the other, but I don't buy into Bungie's reasoning about not being able to review Destiny on a normal timeframe.

It's just a bunch of story missions with Halo-esque multiplayer on top. Let the reviewers have server access a week before release (for the mandatory co-op missions) and we'd have plenty of reviews.

You are right about server access thing but in my opinion giving a review about any game should take longer than a couple of days esp when the game is bigger than the 8hrs story based ones.

Back
Top Bottom