Derren Brown: Trick or Treat?

Tim7

Retired Footballer
6 May 2003
Gravesend
Charlton Athletic FC
What a cracking show. Shame it's only on for 30mins each week. And shame it's the finale on Friday :LOL:. But it really is a great show, he's a bloody scary man!

Just catching up with Series 2 seen first Episode i really find it hard to be real he got the guy to skim loads of books and entered him into big quiz and he come 2nd. :BLINK:

He could remember everything from books by just skimming that just words not even sentences how could he know answers to all stuff.

Series 1 was good i heard his live acts are amazing though he throws frisbee into crowd to pick out people unless he good thrower think that rules out plant.

Im not sure what to beleive some stuff is really hard to beleive i read in one of Live acts though he shown phone book of all local numbers and a cuddly toy thrown in crowd and he reads out there phone numbers i read someone had there friends read out correctly scary stuff.

Fuckin hell madness! I'd love to see one of his live shows. As long as he doesn't fuck with my head :LOL:. I will definately have to get Series one and two and catch up :)).

Seen all of em but im goin off it now

Its just goin over the top now and seems fake

I agree with Coopz, it does seem a bit fake now, still like it though.

My mate went to see him live and said it was brilliant, logic couldn't explain some of the stuff he did apparantly. I've always said I'll be sceptical of things like this until it happens to me, so I am open to it, just everything you're ever taught goes against it!!

I love the guy, he really is a scary but utterly compelling character. Watching him live would be immense

I wouldn't call him a nerd :SS. He's an extremely intelligent bloke, and obviously knows his stuff. The thing is because it's on camera it's sometimes hard to believe. Just like jumberto says, it's difficult to believe unless it happens to you and you know it's geniune. I believe though :)).

Anyone watch last night Episode ?

Crazy stuff how did that girl hit the right card with the dart blindfolded. And also how did Derren know the numbers they were going to pick not only that but he got order they was in aswell. :BLINK:

Was quite funny they never noticed the sign above them on ceiling yet they continued to try work out if there was method just shows though. :LOL:

Anyone watch last night Episode ?

Crazy stuff how did that girl hit the right card with the dart blindfolded. And also how did Derren know the numbers they were going to pick not only that but he got order they was in aswell. :BLINK:

Was quite funny they never noticed the sign above them on ceiling yet they continued to try work out if there was method just shows though. :LOL:

Yeah it was all very weird last night. The lottery game they did was mental, how the hell did he get everything absolutely spot on...

Was proper funny that the guys in the room just carried on doing all that random shit when all they needed to do was walk out the door

I used to think there was something dodgy about it but I bought his book and it's pretty good, he explains a lot. He touches on everything, from traditional magic to hypnosis, and the chapter on memory has seriously improved my long-term memory. No question about it, I can remember 20-digit numbers now, wouldn't have been able to do that before.

He explains a few things though, about how it's all about your perception of it and the angle that's presented. It is all magic really, in the sense that there's an explanation for everything and nothing is a miracle, even if it seems it. If anyone ever saw "Derren Brown: The System", how many of you were sitting there thinking "everyone is going to swamp the bookies tomorrow, this thing is unbelievable"? Or at least considered for a second that it could actually be real? That's the best example of how something you would always consider absolute bollocks can be accepted as authentic within half an hour if you know what you're doing. In the end it turned out to be something simple, that you would think you were intelligent enough to figure out but you couldn't, and apparently almost every trick he does is like that.

The phone-book thing was demonstrated earlier in this new Trick Or Treat series, with the guy who had an awful memory and then suddenly he was memorising books and (almost) winning a pub quiz champion's pub quiz event. It works, it's no trick - it does take some practice and I'm sure the guy had a few tries before he managed to it. Possibly not because the things he remembered from his train journey would have had him "believing" in advance and that would quicken up the whole process.

Love the guy though, would love to shake his hand. Would be slightly nervous of being sent to another dimension but still. :lol:

Last edited:
Ye i watched System baffled me but there is an explanation for it some of stuff he does though is unreal.

One thing i would say is he always appears to be in rush all the time like got no patience people say this when seen him live also.

I watched the system too, it was a logical explanation to the main story at the end of the day, but how did the know the 6 pundits would pick their photos that they did?! And then right at the end he put the bet on the correct horse that won, not the won he told her would win!? Mentalness.

Yeah, he must have put about £3,000 on each of the 6 horses. Madness, but I guess he ain't short of a bob or two!

Yeah its all for the effect aint it so the C4 would have paid for it i guess

Yeah even better. That was the whole point of his system I guess...

And one thing that's annoying me on the Series 2 Finale when Joey threw the dart into the Queen playing card. The fact that the dart DID go out of shot for a split second, seems dodgy to me... Why not just zoom the camera out a bit more to capture the whole thing if it was real...

And one thing that's annoying me on the Series 2 Finale when Joey threw the dart into the Queen playing card. The fact that the dart DID go out of shot for a split second, seems dodgy to me... Why not just zoom the camera out a bit more to capture the whole thing if it was real...

They did show the shot at the end from behind her in slow-mo. Still could have been faked, but I doubt it.

Loved the ending where it said "this show is dedicated to... who tragically lost her life on the way home from filming".

My stomach flipped over and I went cold - then the voice over woman said it was a joke! :LOL:

They did show the shot at the end from behind her in slow-mo. Still could have been faked, but I doubt it.

Loved the ending where it said "this show is dedicated to... who tragically lost her life on the way home from filming".

My stomach flipped over and I went cold - then the voice over woman said it was a joke! :LOL:

OMG I reacted the same way...was it a joke?!?!?! Didnt hear that bit!?

:LOL: Yeah, the Channel 4 voiceover woman said "Don't worry she's fine, Derren was only kidding" or something like that!

Was a while into the credits tho, so if anyone turned over (or like me, Sky+ it and I wouldnt usually watch the credits run), then that was pretty shocking!

Typical Derren!

Oh and how annoying was that cockney knob? See David Tennants face at the end when he was trying to say Tennant had been trying to score points - he was like "nah I wasnt!"

That happened on his program called "the Seance" as well

that was freaky shit

The Seance was proper shite though, that was all through people's perceptions, and them wanting to believe, then hiring an actress to play the roll of the girl/woman they all thought they were in contact with. Depends on how gullible some people are. His Russian Roulette thing was ok, but I didnt think it was that good a show.

very good concept. lovely show. and i think the guy is brilliant, i really like him!

also watching his old show trick of the mind right now, interesting aswell!

Back
Top Bottom