Demo through Boot Camp ( Apple Mac )

gfunk

SPL
18 July 2005
Glasgow
Dumbarton
Has anyone else played this on their Mac?

I have been playing through 'Boot Camp', but am not sure how it compares to play on PC

Seems fine, but forced to play on 'medium' quality, as my 1yr old iMac apparently isnt good enough in the videocard front

What graphics card does it have? Boot camp should be the best way to be running PES if you have a Mac, it'll run as well as the graphics card will permit. To answer you question though, the Mac would perform just as well as a PC with the same specs.

I have a 8600gt macbook pro and it runs fine on high and 1400x900.

Hmm, then the OP should be able to run PES perfectly, maybe even with vsync on...

are your drivers updated to the latest ones? Generic answer but maybe let us know if that works.

when i try and change the setting, it says its cause of the card (and when the curser hovers over it, it says 256mb needed)

its no biggy, just the LED ad boards are smooth, and dont look like LEDs (wee dots)

Well, if you really want to run it on high, wouldn't it let you if you chose a lower resolution? I'd go for that if you want the full details.

It could be that the person doesn't have latest drivers. I have close to the latest nvidia drivers, 177.92. I also have 128 vram with 3 gb ram. I do have turbocache which grabs 384 mb of ram from my system memory so that the check passes and I have 512 vram. Shouldnt the 2400HD use hypermemory to grab system mem?

I have vsync on. Frame skipping on. High quality.

Last edited:
now if i can figure out how to increase vram / use hypermemory (cause it aint doing it automatically)

drivers up to date and cant even get high quality on lower rez

I moved from PC to Mac and no regrets - except for Pro Evo!!!

Back
Top Bottom